“Marriott Residence Inn, Miramar, FL.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
Weeki Wachee, Florida
“Marriott Residence Inn, Miramar, FL.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

We have always enjoyed the home-like atmosphere of all the Marriott Residence Inns and this one also holds true.
Though there are differences among them, the people here seem very friendly and eager to please.
This is the only one we have stayed at that only serves dinner <included with your room rate> twice a week, and also one extra night every other week... which was strange, but the place was comfortable and we stayed anyway. Having been here for a couple months, we like the area here so much better than all the other areas around Miami, as this is much more layed back, yet has many places to eat within a few miles, and many really neat shopping places too. The crime rate here is much lower than in many towns north along the coast. There is a Hard Rock Casino just under 5 miles from here.. fun to see and play at, but very high priced, which really surprised us. Most of the employees here speak Cuban or Spanish.. but they are trained to understand your requests quite well, and are all so very nice. It's always hard leaving these places as I do tend to shed a tear when having to say goodbye, as we move on to the next state. This place will also be hard to leave.

Room Tip: We try to get a 2 bedroom as the entire room is larger.. and if we have a guest, they can sleep in t...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a business meeting Nice room but trouble getting wifi. Walls were a little thin. I heard a phone conversation from the room next to me. The kitchen and living space was small & not too comfy. Several free tv channels like golf that are not elsewhere. Unless the wifi improves not sure I'll be back.

• Stayed March 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

The Residence Inn in Miramar is an excellent choice for families, couples, or even just single travelers who want a more apartment like hotel room. For families, opting for the one bedroom suite is a great way to have just a tiny bit of separation. You get the bedroom, the kids get the couch. Not to mention the mini-kitchen (full refrigerator, dishwasher, and a two burner stove) that lets you save money while you are out on the road.

If you are staying here, you probably are already renting a car, or drove your own. There are plenty of nice places to eat within a 2 mile radius, including a higher end mall just down the street from the hotel.

The rooms are nicely appointed. This isn't a new hotel, so none of the appliances, furniture, etc... are new either. But that doesn't matter, because they are still in great shape.

The pool and surrounding areas looked very nice. The hotel even includes a grill for you to BBQ on. Nice touch.

My stay started off a bit rocky, as some of the requests I had made during my online reservations were not taken care of before I arrived. As soon as I mentioned my disappointment, the hotel staff went out of their way to accommodate my troubles. I was very impressed by this effort. WAY above and beyond what was necessary, but very appreciated.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Similar to other Residence Inns, but this one was not as quiet. Adequate but fewer kitchen amenities. Good breakfast buffet. Two computers in lobby.
Need a car. Not much close by.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

We stayed at this Residence Inn overnight as we were taking a cruise out of Port Everglades the next morning. We wanted something reasonably priced and we found this gem. Although the hotel appears older, everything was very well kept and clean. The rooms are so spacious, with a kitchenette, sitting area and separate bedroom(s). We chose the one bedroom suite which was just fine for a one night or multiple night stay. Bathrooms are large with a separate sink/vanity. Free breakfast buffet each morning with the usual fair, waffles, bagels, cereals, etc. I have to give kudos to the hostess. She did a great job, keeping everything stocked, considering how busy it was. There is plenty of seating in the buffet area.
Only drawback I could see was the parking lot was not very well lit, possibly due to ambiance. I was concerned about being on the first floor, but the young lady checking us in moved us to the second floor quickly when I requested it. Found out later that there is on-site security at the entry doors from the parking lot. I would definitely stay there again and regret not staying for more than a stopover the first time. 15 minutes to the airport, cruise ships, shopping and dining. Each of the staff that we encountered was friendly and professional and eager to assist.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Norcross, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

On a positive note, the front desk staff was friendly and as accomodating as they were able to be. However, the overall condition of most of the hotel was unappealing with a very run-down look and general housekeeping was very lacking.

While the lobby is fresh and appealing, once you cross the threshold into the area where the guest rooms are (an adjacent building) your the positive first impression is quickly forgotten. You are immediately accosted with the pungent smell of laundry soap. While I recognize this should not be unusual since the laundry is clearly on the main floor, the smell is really quite overwhelming as if you are being suffocated with overly perfumey soap.

Next, we arrived in our room. I was traveling with my mother and husband. We were in a studio and so we gave the bed to my mom and we took the sofa bed. When I asked for an extra blanket for my mom all that they could manage was an extra sheet. I was told they were sold out. Also, we discovered a stain on the matress of the sofa bed- yuck! and there was trash behind the couch. A full kitchen is nice but not so much when you find glasses in the cabinet that haven't been cleaned! How hard could it be, there is also a dishwasher!!

Ironically, although the main floor hallway smelled of soap, the carpets (in the hallways) looked as if they had not been cleaned in months or even years.

We arrived the night before a family wedding which was taking place the next day in early evening. We made plans to meet some family members for lunch and then returned to the hotel to quickly get ready. I specified in the morning when our room was made up we needed at least 4 bath towels. Upon our return from lunch when we intended to shower and ready ourselves for the wedding, only 2 bath towels had been left, and on a time crunch we had to make due and improvise with those and the hand towels.

I have stayed at many Residence Inns and am rarely disappointed with a Marriott property but this was really a pitiful experience.

While the front desk agent did give me some extra points on account of my inconveniences, the bottom line is that the hotel is very ill-prepared for guests. Having clean hallways, clean rooms (including the glasses, etc. in the kitchen when a full kitchen is provided), responding to requests for extra towels, and having a supply of extra blankets are just basic things. It is hard to understand how these could be so overlooked.

My advice to you is to definitely overlook this property and see what else is around. It suited our purpose but I certainly would not go back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
guestsnumberonefan, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
I'm very sorry we failed you from a customer service perspective. We have taken your comments into consideration and use them to continue in our efforts in providing our team with the training necessary to overcome these challenges. Please feel free to contact me directly or via email at cristina.andujar@whitelodging.com. We want our guests to have the best stay ever at our Residence Inn by Marriott. Thanks for your feedback!
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

I've stayed in a lot of RI over the years and while this one is in a relatively convenient location, nearby Starbucks, Publix, banks, business park, etc., it is in need of some "spiffing up". My biggest issue w/ any hotel is that you expect the basics to be there, safety, clean room, fully functioning facilities, etc. That is ground zero...well my shower had no (OK, a little) flow of hot water...finding this out late in the evening after a long day is not too fun, but it was passable. I also found that the gym was in poor condition and really could use some new equipment. Finally, while I know the hotel can't pick and choose who stays there, there were some folks who just seemed a bit out of place for a business hotel. I will say that the staff responded quickly to my issues and gave me a generous MR bonus for the issues I had. So net-net, I don't think I'd return to the hotel based on the facilities unless it got a major upgrade...there is a Courtyard just down the block, so that might be a possibility.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar? Share your experiences!