On a positive note, the front desk staff was friendly and as accomodating as they were able to be. However, the overall condition of most of the hotel was unappealing with a very run-down look and general housekeeping was very lacking.
While the lobby is fresh and appealing, once you cross the threshold into the area where the guest rooms are (an adjacent building) your the positive first impression is quickly forgotten. You are immediately accosted with the pungent smell of laundry soap. While I recognize this should not be unusual since the laundry is clearly on the main floor, the smell is really quite overwhelming as if you are being suffocated with overly perfumey soap.
Next, we arrived in our room. I was traveling with my mother and husband. We were in a studio and so we gave the bed to my mom and we took the sofa bed. When I asked for an extra blanket for my mom all that they could manage was an extra sheet. I was told they were sold out. Also, we discovered a stain on the matress of the sofa bed- yuck! and there was trash behind the couch. A full kitchen is nice but not so much when you find glasses in the cabinet that haven't been cleaned! How hard could it be, there is also a dishwasher!!
Ironically, although the main floor hallway smelled of soap, the carpets (in the hallways) looked as if they had not been cleaned in months or even years.
We arrived the night before a family wedding which was taking place the next day in early evening. We made plans to meet some family members for lunch and then returned to the hotel to quickly get ready. I specified in the morning when our room was made up we needed at least 4 bath towels. Upon our return from lunch when we intended to shower and ready ourselves for the wedding, only 2 bath towels had been left, and on a time crunch we had to make due and improvise with those and the hand towels.
I have stayed at many Residence Inns and am rarely disappointed with a Marriott property but this was really a pitiful experience.
While the front desk agent did give me some extra points on account of my inconveniences, the bottom line is that the hotel is very ill-prepared for guests. Having clean hallways, clean rooms (including the glasses, etc. in the kitchen when a full kitchen is provided), responding to requests for extra towels, and having a supply of extra blankets are just basic things. It is hard to understand how these could be so overlooked.
My advice to you is to definitely overlook this property and see what else is around. It suited our purpose but I certainly would not go back.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Sw/Miramar Hotel Miramar
- Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Sw/Miramar Hotel
- Residence Inn Miramar
- Miramar Residence Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Miramar is conveniently located between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami, and just minutes from sandy beaches, shopping at Sawgrass Mills, restaurants, and the sporting venues for the Heat, the Marlins, the Dolphins, and the Panthers. Guest rooms feature full kitchens, spacious work areas, complimentary high-speed Internet Access, and luxurious bedding. The property also offers complimentary hot breakfast and evening reception, a heated outdoor pool, fitness room, and is even pet-friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.