“OK Stay for Buisness” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
New Jersey
“OK Stay for Buisness”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

This hotel is in a good location (easy to get to from main highway). It is undergoing a renovation so some areas are still a bit messy. The staff was very nice and accommodating. The café/bar closed early, but the food was decent (had apps and some drinks). Pool is clean a little on the small side. The room was the very comfortable and had a nice work space.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
IndyGM2009, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Thank you for the great review. As you noted, we were under renovation, BUT THAT IS FINALLY OVER!!!! The hotel looks amazing and we are here to take care of our guests and exceed their expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I live in Miramar and my family stayed at this hotel in Miramar while visiting me. The hotel staff here is incredible. The hotel is clean, new, and modern. They have a bistro in which you can eat and drink fresh. Food is amazing. I would come again to watch a game. Ms Kathy & Brianna are servers here and as a team they were amazing servers that took great care of my family and I while there. This is now my hang out place for me & my friends!!! Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for your amazing review. You nailed what we are trying to accomplish here. We have a great newly remodeled hotel and great staff.
East Brunswick, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott on hotel road in Miramar, Florida on January 4th, 2014. Although, I travel extensively for work, this was a short personal stay. I have seen many different levels of service at many different hotel levels but have never encountered someone who prompted me to write. We visited the little café in the lobby for a late dinner. The woman running the café was beyond excellent. She ran the whole place, served drinks, cooked the food, took orders, did room service and waited tables all with the best attitude I have ever seen. I believe her name was Brianna and she said she has worked there for approx. 1 year. She was a lovely young lady and represents your brand at the highest level. She went out of her way to anticipate everyone's needs even though she was extremely busy. It would certainly be in the brands best interest to retain this woman and see that she is promoted to a visible position!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments about Brianah. She is tremendous. I wish she had six more clones that I could hire. Please come see us again.
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Nice clean courtyard with room setup better than other courtyards I've stayed at. Functional desk, plugs everywhere for my laptop and phone. And a nice tv. It also had a small fridge and microwave that I didn't use. Room was very quiet and checking was very helpful. Surprising for a courtyard, it also had a nice little restaurant in the lobby. The only issue I had which I didn't bother calling the front desk about was the air conditioner had both a wall control and a local control and they didn't seem to work together. Would stay again if I had business in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your detailed comments. You were here during our renovation and it did not seem to affect your stay. Please know that the entire hotel is now renovated and we would love to have you come back again.
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This Courtyard exceeded my expectations. Fresh/modern lobby/the suite was as big as if not bigger than the suites at the Residence Inn. Sandra at the front desk took great care of me and the family. The kids enjoyed the clean pool. Good times…thanks for a great stay!
Note that Courtyards are geared toward business travelers and not families like the Residence Inn, so the breakfast isn't free. I knew this when we came in-- there are several breakfast places (McDonald's, etc) up the road on Miramar Parkway if you choose not to get the a-la-carte breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review. We are here to exceed your expectations. That is our goal every day so it is wonderful to hear someone state that we accomplished it. Please come again.
Clermont, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Nice stay for the Bengal game was made better by the concession Oreo ice cream sandwiches and tombstone microwave pizzas. Great features in a town Taft closes after one in the morning to food and fun. The help was great and the newspapers came in the early AM. The breakfast concession was too expensive and the lobby coffee was not free. The internet was consistent and free throughout the hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
RI_Merrillville, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Please come see us again.

Jason
Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I actually stayed next door at the Courtyard by Marriot. I was booked at Residence inn - they said I was to stay at the next door building. That building was badged as Courtyard. I could not find Courtyard by Marriot here on Trip advisor - so - maybe they are one property - just different 'wings' of the same facility.
Anyway - Very nice property. Very eager to please. Different than most Courtyards due to the breakfast was not a buffet. You go up and order one thing 9like a breakfast sandwich, or oatmeal or whatever) and coffee. I guess I would prefer the buffet because there was little line to get served. When I was served they were more than sorry for any wait. nice as could be. Fresh made breakfast.

Big room. Fast internet. Full flow shower. Good room temperature control. NOTHING to complain about.

Room Tip: who knows...