“Halloween stay for a Bengal Game ” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
Clermont, Florida
“Halloween stay for a Bengal Game ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Nice stay for the Bengal game was made better by the concession Oreo ice cream sandwiches and tombstone microwave pizzas. Great features in a town Taft closes after one in the morning to food and fun. The help was great and the newspapers came in the early AM. The breakfast concession was too expensive and the lobby coffee was not free. The internet was consistent and free throughout the hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
RI_Merrillville, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Please come see us again.

Jason

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I actually stayed next door at the Courtyard by Marriot. I was booked at Residence inn - they said I was to stay at the next door building. That building was badged as Courtyard. I could not find Courtyard by Marriot here on Trip advisor - so - maybe they are one property - just different 'wings' of the same facility.
Anyway - Very nice property. Very eager to please. Different than most Courtyards due to the breakfast was not a buffet. You go up and order one thing 9like a breakfast sandwich, or oatmeal or whatever) and coffee. I guess I would prefer the buffet because there was little line to get served. When I was served they were more than sorry for any wait. nice as could be. Fresh made breakfast.

Big room. Fast internet. Full flow shower. Good room temperature control. NOTHING to complain about.

Room Tip: who knows...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard001, Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar, responded to this review, May 7, 2015
Thank you very much for your feedback! We appreciate you taking out time to review our hotel and provide us with comments on your stay. We look forward to your next visit with us at the Courtyard by Marriott in Miramar FL.
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is a great hotel for doing business on this side of town. It is convenient to the highway as well as dining options. My room was clean and the service top notch. I would not hesitate to stay here again. I am a big fan of the new Courtyard Bistro concept and this hotel is a winner in my book!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
RI_Merrillville, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you for the great review. We love to know that we are doing the right things.
Please come see us again.

Weston, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night and in general the hotel seems like a nice place to stay. Polite employees, spacious rooms, and a comfy bed. Everything was fine until I went to take a shower. The tub was very slippery as if there was some shampoo residue once I got in it. I almost tripped trying to get in it. When It came time for sleep there were only 2 small pillows which looked like were just thrown on the bed and it looked kind of odd since it was a king sized bed. There was an extra sheet, pillow, and a blanket in the closet which we used but after I covered myself with the extra blanket my boyfriend pointed out a big stain on it. I took a look and sure enough there was dried blood on it!! And not just small drops, but I'm talking about a big menstrual oops moment. Considering the other reviews complaining about housekeeping I'd have to agree and say they seriously need new people for the job.

• Stayed June 2013
RI_Merrillville, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry that you ran into a cleanliness issue. That sounds terrible no matter what the stain was. Please believe that is not normal here. I am the new General Manager and in my two months here we have been really focusing on getting the Housekeeping department performing at a high level. We can always improve but please know that I check rooms every day after they have already been inspected once and now I will be looking in to the bundles of extra bedding to see if there are more issues there.

Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Suetannia and the rest of the Courtyard Miramar associates are outstanding. The Bistro breakfast staff did a great job each morning. The French toast was as good as any I've had anywhere. Most impressive was the level of engagement on the part of the staff; everyone seemed genuine in their desire to see that we were happy. Excellent stay for the weekend

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for the great comments. We have recognized Suetannia in front of all the hotel staff for getting mentioned on TripAdvisor. Please come see us again.

Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Usually the nicer hotels are way out east. This hotel is west, located by i-75 and I booked these for a few of the executives I work with. I went by and the staff was very attentive and the place was really clean and nice. The rooms looked great. I haven't heard any bad feedback from the execs. As a matter of fact one of them always requests that I book him here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words. We love to hear that people enjoy our hotel. Let us know if we can do anything for your people.

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My family and I went to Florida over Memorial Day weekend to visit my in-laws. Because there were so many of us, we decided to stay at the Marriott which was 20 minutes away from their house. To my surprise it was a nice hotel. This was our first time staying at a Marriott and thought this one was very modern! The lobby reminded me of a chic downtown NY boutique hotel! They even had a very nice pool with a very cool seating area which gives you a resort feeling. The rooms were basic, but very confortable. What I really liked was that inside the hotel was a mini mart that not only allows you to purchase snacks, but you can also purchase beer at a reasonable price. The hotel also has a cafe that sells Starbucks coffee, muffins, etc, but we walked a short distance to Starbucks instead because the coffee is better! If you walk in the opposite direction, you will find a great Mexican restaurant, Tulum Mexican Cantina. Although we were suppose to rest our heads at the hotel, we ended up spending more time there than at my in-laws!

• Stayed May 2013
I am glad that you had a good time here. I disagree with you about our coffee though. It is as Starbucks as Starbucks can be. :) I suppose that you can get a few more options in a full Starbucks store but next time you come I will make your coffee and we will see if you think theirs is better.
Thank you for the comments and please come see us again.

Jason

Been to Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar? Share your experiences!