“Friendly staff, extremely poor housekeeping, loud rooms” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
Halton Hills, Canada
“Friendly staff, extremely poor housekeeping, loud rooms”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I booked this on Priceline, and was placed in this hotel. It was okay, checkin was okay, but when I went to my room, it wasn't my room, someone else was inside. I went back downstairs, and they placed me in a room (king bed w/ sofa), we asked if there was 2 queens as there was 3 of us and they said there was none.

Upon entering the room it smelled as if they sprayed lysol or something quick and give me this room. After a couple hours the smell went away. In the room next to us we had a screaming kid and we could hear them next door. Asked to changed rooms, they said none are left and they could see in a couple hours.

A couple hours pass, and we asked again, nothing. It's bedtime and we just want to sleep at this point, so we pulled out the sofa bed and saw "something" on the mattress. It looked liked urine and fecal matter. Makes sense, lysol smell.

Went back down and showed them a picture and they were utterly disgusted. Surprise surprise, a new room magically opened up literally 20mins after asking.

New room was okay, no screaming kid, no nasty matter on the pull out couch for my brother to sleep on. All was well.

I really lost respect to the Marriott chain of hotels. The staff put me in the wrong room, altering someone to call security to the floor, then clearly lied to me about no rooms free after noise issues and then finding housekeeping is so poor that they didn't note that the sofa bed should've been changed.

Try the hotel across the road, i'm sure you won't have the same issues.

On a positive note, the staff at front was nice (although lied to me), free parking and free wifi was nice to have.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
joanna b, Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel.

We have passed on your concerns to the appropriate department and will use your comments to only better our hotel.

If you need any assistance with making any future reservations, please feel free to contact me directly at Joanna.Brown@whitelodging.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Hamilton, Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel and really enjoyed my stay. The hotel was not hard to find. The room was great, and it was clean, comfortable and had a nice deco. I would stay at this hotel again. The breakfast was not free, but was reasonable priced.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel.

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

A lower than average courtyard. Lacked cleanliness, ie need for vacuuming, molding creeping in corners of wallpaper in bathroom. No lotion in toilette offerings. The gym only had a few machines and no stationary bikes which is pretty standard for most hotels. There is a Hilton across the street and residence inn next door, would suggest trying those instead.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RI_Merrillville, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I took over the hotel four days after your stay. I encourage you to come back and try us again. You should find that most of your issues have been improved upon greatly.
Jason
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My business trip was extended by an additional day, and the Hampton Inn could not accomodate me for 1 additional day, so I had to quickly find a place to stay, and it was suggested that I go to the Courtyard, and which I did, and yes it was $10 more per night, I was desparate and could not squabble. Upon my arrival, I was in total shock! This hotel was a breath of fresh air!, very modern and clean! The front desk personnel was not wearing stuffy attire and was extremely friendly and helpful.
When I got to my room, I was more shocked!, The rooms were extremely large, and absolutely GORGEOUS and CLEAN! It reminded me of home, no detail was forgotten, I was so sad that I had to spend two nights at the outdated Hamptons, when I could have had fun at the bar/lounge area here , or just lounge in my beautiful room which was so very beautiful and relaxing and the work area was awesome, my deskchair didnot bump into the bed like it did at the Hamptons.
I was able to go SHOPPING, which was fun because it was only 1.5 minutes away. Kudos to the Courtyard. I was very sadi to leave!

Room Tip: Go with the Flow, and enjoy the area, absolutely awesome!! Restaurants and shopping, I do believe y...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay, and as well sad that you could not stay longer. We hope to see you again soon at the Courtyard Miramar
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I got to stay at this place with my family for just one night and got this in a bid on Priceline for 50 bucks for which it was a great value.

Clean rooms and nice deco although location was not great at all. It was a little far from everything.

I may stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you again soon at the Courtyard Miramar
Malibu, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

After bidding for a Miramar room on Priceline and getting this Courtyard, I got nervous based on recent reviews and tried to cancel, which of course is impossible. So I hoped for the best – and as it turned out, my 3-day stay was great with no problems at all.

We arrived after midnight. I called at 11:30 pm to let them know we'd arrive by 12:30 am. This is important … When we got there they said we had the last room, and there were no rooms anywhere from Miami to West Palm Beach. Possibly a slight exaggeration, but we later heard there were 31 conventions in S. Fla. that weekend. This can happen – especially in the winter. They could have resold our room for 3 times what we paid for it – they turned someone away while we were standing there checking in. So be proactive and call in advance to reconfirm.

Once we were checked in, we really did not encounter any of the problems described by recent reviewers. The rooms seem newly renovated. We had no problems with housekeeping or the cleanliness of the room. We had a balcony door that opened which was nice. We had no problems with management or staff. Breakfast was not included – it may be at a regular, higher room rate. They have a nice coffee shop in the lobby, which seems to be the new design for Courtyards. We had no problems with the free wifi. Didn't use the pool, which is kind of small but probably good for kids. Didn't use the fitness room, which also looked good. The location is fairly upscale/suburban and safe, with new development all around. There's a Publix supermarket and Walgreens in nearby shopping centers.

When we left, we spent a night in a recently renovated 2-star hotel in another city and had some things we didn’t have here: twice as many accessible electrical outlets, extra towels, better placement of lighting and mirrors for putting on makeup, free breakfast, and a safe. So although the Courtyard was good and did a fine job of delivering what was promised, I can't give it a 5, just a solid 4. I would recommend it and I would stay there again if I had to be this area again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard in Miramar.

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance while make arrangements at Joanna.Brown@Whitelodging.com
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My family and I checked into this hotel on Friday, February 2nd for an overnight stay to attend the Miami Beach Antiques Show the following morning. We reserved three rooms. The first room had leftover takeout containers in the refrigerator. The second room had dirty coffee cups and an ashtray with used cigarettes on the balcony. The third room had a remote control left in the middle of the bedsheets (which naturally raises the question of whether the sheets were actually even changed between guests) and a giant black hair on the pillow. While the staff did apologize for the issues (and came up to the room to re-change the sheets), the fact that all three of our rooms had housekeeping issues lends some doubt as to the overall cleanliness of the rooms. We were all very grateful to check out of the hotel the following morning and will likely not be returning to this location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking your time to review the Courtyard by Marriott in Miramar.

I want to apologize for the issues that you had encountered here. We have passed on all of these comments to the correct deparments so that this will not happen again.

I am glad to hear that our staff was accomodating and were able to help.

Please, if I can be of any assitance if you are ever back in the area, please feel free to contact me directly at Joanna.Brown@whitelodging.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miramar
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar
Wingate by Wyndham Miramar
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale West / Pembroke Pines
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Pembroke Pines

Been to Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar? Share your experiences!