I booked this on Priceline, and was placed in this hotel. It was okay, checkin was okay, but when I went to my room, it wasn't my room, someone else was inside. I went back downstairs, and they placed me in a room (king bed w/ sofa), we asked if there was 2 queens as there was 3 of us and they said there was none.
Upon entering the room it smelled as if they sprayed lysol or something quick and give me this room. After a couple hours the smell went away. In the room next to us we had a screaming kid and we could hear them next door. Asked to changed rooms, they said none are left and they could see in a couple hours.
A couple hours pass, and we asked again, nothing. It's bedtime and we just want to sleep at this point, so we pulled out the sofa bed and saw "something" on the mattress. It looked liked urine and fecal matter. Makes sense, lysol smell.
Went back down and showed them a picture and they were utterly disgusted. Surprise surprise, a new room magically opened up literally 20mins after asking.
New room was okay, no screaming kid, no nasty matter on the pull out couch for my brother to sleep on. All was well.
I really lost respect to the Marriott chain of hotels. The staff put me in the wrong room, altering someone to call security to the floor, then clearly lied to me about no rooms free after noise issues and then finding housekeeping is so poor that they didn't note that the sofa bed should've been changed.
Try the hotel across the road, i'm sure you won't have the same issues.
On a positive note, the staff at front was nice (although lied to me), free parking and free wifi was nice to have.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Sw / Miramar Hotel Miramar
- Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Sw / Miramar Hotel
- Courtyard Miramar
- Miramar Marriott
- Miramar Courtyard
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located between Fort Lauderdale and Miami, newly-renovated Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Miramar is the perfect hotel for a trip to the sunshine state. It is just minutes from Miami International Airport, Sunlife Stadium and Sawgrass Mall. The new lobby features modern decor and private media pods with free WiFi. Our onsite Bistro offers a variety of meal options, Starbucks coffee and beer and wine service. All guestrooms have flat-screen TVs with premium cable, mini-fridge and microwave. Guests can also enjoy the 24-hour fitness center and outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Marriott, Travelocity, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.