After bidding for a Miramar room on Priceline and getting this Courtyard, I got nervous based on recent reviews and tried to cancel, which of course is impossible. So I hoped for the best – and as it turned out, my 3-day stay was great with no problems at all.
We arrived after midnight. I called at 11:30 pm to let them know we'd arrive by 12:30 am. This is important … When we got there they said we had the last room, and there were no rooms anywhere from Miami to West Palm Beach. Possibly a slight exaggeration, but we later heard there were 31 conventions in S. Fla. that weekend. This can happen – especially in the winter. They could have resold our room for 3 times what we paid for it – they turned someone away while we were standing there checking in. So be proactive and call in advance to reconfirm.
Once we were checked in, we really did not encounter any of the problems described by recent reviewers. The rooms seem newly renovated. We had no problems with housekeeping or the cleanliness of the room. We had a balcony door that opened which was nice. We had no problems with management or staff. Breakfast was not included – it may be at a regular, higher room rate. They have a nice coffee shop in the lobby, which seems to be the new design for Courtyards. We had no problems with the free wifi. Didn't use the pool, which is kind of small but probably good for kids. Didn't use the fitness room, which also looked good. The location is fairly upscale/suburban and safe, with new development all around. There's a Publix supermarket and Walgreens in nearby shopping centers.
When we left, we spent a night in a recently renovated 2-star hotel in another city and had some things we didn’t have here: twice as many accessible electrical outlets, extra towels, better placement of lighting and mirrors for putting on makeup, free breakfast, and a safe. So although the Courtyard was good and did a fine job of delivering what was promised, I can't give it a 5, just a solid 4. I would recommend it and I would stay there again if I had to be this area again.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Sw / Miramar Hotel Miramar
- Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Sw / Miramar Hotel
- Courtyard Miramar
- Miramar Marriott
- Miramar Courtyard
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located between Fort Lauderdale and Miami, newly-renovated Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Miramar is the perfect hotel for a trip to the sunshine state. It is just minutes from Miami International Airport, Sunlife Stadium and Sawgrass Mall. The new lobby features modern decor and private media pods with free WiFi. Our onsite Bistro offers a variety of meal options, Starbucks coffee and beer and wine service. All guestrooms have flat-screen TVs with premium cable, mini-fridge and microwave. Guests can also enjoy the 24-hour fitness center and outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Olotels, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.