“Can't believe Marriott allows this kind of service.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Dining Deal
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
Traverse City, Michigan
“Can't believe Marriott allows this kind of service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My family's experience at this Marriott was appalling. We were treated sub-human for the entirety of our stay by the staff. It was truly one of the worst hotel experiences that I have ever had. We had never been to Miami, and asked for help with cabs and transportation, which they just handed us the number to the cab company and didn't offer to help us out since we were unfamiliar with the area. This resulted in the cab drivers getting lost and had us waiting in the lobby for over an hour one night for a cab that never showed. We ended up walking across the street to the Hilton Garden Inn and eating at their restaurant instead of the one in the lobby here. Additionally, the Garden Inn employees offered to give us a shuttle to the shopping mall down the street because we had had such a terrible experience at the Courtyard!! To top everything off our reservation was screwed up and we were checked out prematurely.

Room Tip: Choose a room across the street at the Hilton Garden Inn
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
joanna b, Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Value Guest,

I do apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused your wonderful get away to Miami. I can understand how difficult it is to come to a place where you know nothing about. It is unexpectable what you experience here at the hotel. We have made a few changes with staff, and I would like more than anything for you and your guests to come back to the hotel and try us one more time.
Thank you for your feedback and time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Weybridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Room is nice, but overall is not clean, noisy with drilling going on in the building , staff is about polite, one was rude . Restaurant is appalling . Outside area is not light up , so trying to escape the drilling noise in the bar, went with my drink outside by the pool... In the dark ... I would not recommend .

• Stayed December 2012
RI_Merrillville, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. I have two bits of good news: First the lobby renovation is over and it looks fantastic. Second, there is new management in place at the hotel and I assure you that you will enjoy any future stays at this property.

Jason
Palm Bay, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed one night before the dolphins VS patriots game and the hotel lobby was under contruction but check in was smooth. Rooms were nice and clean and the AC was cold as can be. Lots to do in the local area as well as being very close to major highways and grocery stores. Can't wait to see when the remodel is finished very soon cause we will certainly return.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
IndyGM2009, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Since your stay we have also remodeled the rooms and public spaces. Please come see us again.
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed here for one night. The rooms were very nice with new furniture, incredibly clean, and had comfortable beds. Internet worked well. I wish breakfast was complimentary. We paid $50 for the room (before taxes) from Priceline, hence it was an incredible deal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review. We have actually remodeled the hotel since your stay so please come see us again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was just okay. Older property. All kinds of "stuff" under the beds.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for your review. We have been completely renovated since your stay and we have a great new management staff dedicated to providing you with a clean and friendly experience.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

The staff at this hotel is great, the hotel is clean and very well run

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for your review. I can not ask for more than what you said.
miami, fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Last Saturday, my boyfriend and I shared a wonderful evening at Steak 954 in Broward to celebrate his birthday. It was late and a long drive home, so we decided to rent a hotel for the night. Since it was a last minute idea, we decided to go online and book at the Marriott Courtyard via hotels.com. We finally get to the hotel, and we were greeted by the "night auditor" Sarah. Mind you, I put extra emphasis on the night auditor title, since she repeated it numerous times throughout the evening. As we are ready to check in and go to bed, our reservations were not in the system. We did explain that we booked the room via hotels.com maybe 45 minutes beforehand. We showed her our confirmation number, and of course that was not sufficient. She proceeded to criticize hotels.com, and that this happens "all the time" according to her. I then asked, if that was the case, then what are our options? Mind you its 2am, and we are extremely tired, and all we wanted was to get a room. Did Sarah, the night auditor, have any options for us? Yes, call hotels.com and figure it out. Yes, that was her attitude.
My boyfriend decided to call hotels.com and speak to them directly, which the lady from hotels.com called the front desk to figure out what is going on. At this moment, I thought everything will be squared away momentarily since a rep from hotels.com is now speaking to Sarah. Of course, I could not hear exactly what was being said on the other line, but it didn't take a rocket scientist that Sarah was being very unreasonable. The representative from hotels.com requested if they can fax over our reservation to the hotel, and use that as a confirmation, since our reservation was not uploaded to the hotel's system. Sarah, of course, refused adamantly, and explained that is not her procedure, and will not do that. And that she was not able to check us in or out that way. Then hotels.com also suggested that our reservation will be uploaded in the system by the morning, but to just check us in. Nope, of course Sarah, "night auditor" refused to budge. This went on for 30 minutes!! It is now 2:30 in the morning, and Sarah did not show ONE OUNCE of any type of concern or even EFFORT to accommodate us.
Finally, Sarah was placed on hold by hotels.com, and while I tried my best to keep my composure, I did ask again what were our options? Hoping she would show some remorse or sympathy, but did she? You guessed it no. Sarah suggested for us to cancel the reservation via hotels.com and to book it again thru her directly. At that time, I was outraged, not only of the suggestion but her attitude and her unwillingness to even help us. I immediately told her that was not an option, since hotels.com does not have a refund policy, and we were not going to pay for the hotel again!
Eventually, my boyfriend who was outside on the phone, since the lobby area did not have any reception came back. I did have to remind him to please remain calm, since it was late and pretty much we were at her mercy, which she was very well aware of and took total advantage. However Sarah did notice my boyfriend's frustration, and after an HOUR of going back and forth with hotels.com, she decided to accept the fax as a confirmation to our reservation. While she was trying to put us in the system, she complained throughout every minute of it. Like SHE was the one being inconvenienced!! I have stayed in MANY MANY hotels, and I have NEVER EVER experienced the incompetence and unreasonable demeanor as this night auditor demonstrated. So much so, my boyfriend and I will never forget her name. And since then, we have shared our experience to others.
I do not recommend this hotel to ANYONE. If you are in the neighborhood, you might as well rent at the Residence Inn.
I guess there is truth in the saying, you get what you pay for. And if that's the case, we overpaid for our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Miguel H, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear Jennifer,

Thank you so much for bringing your experience to my attention, and please accept my apologies for any inconvenient this may have caused you. After doing some research of my own I found out that there was a "software/timming" problem with your reservation which we fixed and won't happen again. This was a misunderstanding and I do recognize that we could have done a better job while handling this situation.
Anyways we are very happy to see that you are comming back once again as one of our valued guests!
Thank you so much for your patronage, I am sure we will have the opportunity to have you as our guest many times in the near future!

Been to Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar? Share your experiences!