“Great Deal in South Florida” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
Palm Bay, Florida
“Great Deal in South Florida”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed one night before the dolphins VS patriots game and the hotel lobby was under contruction but check in was smooth. Rooms were nice and clean and the AC was cold as can be. Lots to do in the local area as well as being very close to major highways and grocery stores. Can't wait to see when the remodel is finished very soon cause we will certainly return.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
IndyGM2009, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Since your stay we have also remodeled the rooms and public spaces. Please come see us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed here for one night. The rooms were very nice with new furniture, incredibly clean, and had comfortable beds. Internet worked well. I wish breakfast was complimentary. We paid $50 for the room (before taxes) from Priceline, hence it was an incredible deal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review. We have actually remodeled the hotel since your stay so please come see us again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was just okay. Older property. All kinds of "stuff" under the beds.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for your review. We have been completely renovated since your stay and we have a great new management staff dedicated to providing you with a clean and friendly experience.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

The staff at this hotel is great, the hotel is clean and very well run

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for your review. I can not ask for more than what you said.
miami, fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Last Saturday, my boyfriend and I shared a wonderful evening at Steak 954 in Broward to celebrate his birthday. It was late and a long drive home, so we decided to rent a hotel for the night. Since it was a last minute idea, we decided to go online and book at the Marriott Courtyard via hotels.com. We finally get to the hotel, and we were greeted by the "night auditor" Sarah. Mind you, I put extra emphasis on the night auditor title, since she repeated it numerous times throughout the evening. As we are ready to check in and go to bed, our reservations were not in the system. We did explain that we booked the room via hotels.com maybe 45 minutes beforehand. We showed her our confirmation number, and of course that was not sufficient. She proceeded to criticize hotels.com, and that this happens "all the time" according to her. I then asked, if that was the case, then what are our options? Mind you its 2am, and we are extremely tired, and all we wanted was to get a room. Did Sarah, the night auditor, have any options for us? Yes, call hotels.com and figure it out. Yes, that was her attitude.
My boyfriend decided to call hotels.com and speak to them directly, which the lady from hotels.com called the front desk to figure out what is going on. At this moment, I thought everything will be squared away momentarily since a rep from hotels.com is now speaking to Sarah. Of course, I could not hear exactly what was being said on the other line, but it didn't take a rocket scientist that Sarah was being very unreasonable. The representative from hotels.com requested if they can fax over our reservation to the hotel, and use that as a confirmation, since our reservation was not uploaded to the hotel's system. Sarah, of course, refused adamantly, and explained that is not her procedure, and will not do that. And that she was not able to check us in or out that way. Then hotels.com also suggested that our reservation will be uploaded in the system by the morning, but to just check us in. Nope, of course Sarah, "night auditor" refused to budge. This went on for 30 minutes!! It is now 2:30 in the morning, and Sarah did not show ONE OUNCE of any type of concern or even EFFORT to accommodate us.
Finally, Sarah was placed on hold by hotels.com, and while I tried my best to keep my composure, I did ask again what were our options? Hoping she would show some remorse or sympathy, but did she? You guessed it no. Sarah suggested for us to cancel the reservation via hotels.com and to book it again thru her directly. At that time, I was outraged, not only of the suggestion but her attitude and her unwillingness to even help us. I immediately told her that was not an option, since hotels.com does not have a refund policy, and we were not going to pay for the hotel again!
Eventually, my boyfriend who was outside on the phone, since the lobby area did not have any reception came back. I did have to remind him to please remain calm, since it was late and pretty much we were at her mercy, which she was very well aware of and took total advantage. However Sarah did notice my boyfriend's frustration, and after an HOUR of going back and forth with hotels.com, she decided to accept the fax as a confirmation to our reservation. While she was trying to put us in the system, she complained throughout every minute of it. Like SHE was the one being inconvenienced!! I have stayed in MANY MANY hotels, and I have NEVER EVER experienced the incompetence and unreasonable demeanor as this night auditor demonstrated. So much so, my boyfriend and I will never forget her name. And since then, we have shared our experience to others.
I do not recommend this hotel to ANYONE. If you are in the neighborhood, you might as well rent at the Residence Inn.
I guess there is truth in the saying, you get what you pay for. And if that's the case, we overpaid for our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Miguel H, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear Jennifer,

Thank you so much for bringing your experience to my attention, and please accept my apologies for any inconvenient this may have caused you. After doing some research of my own I found out that there was a "software/timming" problem with your reservation which we fixed and won't happen again. This was a misunderstanding and I do recognize that we could have done a better job while handling this situation.
Anyways we are very happy to see that you are comming back once again as one of our valued guests!
Thank you so much for your patronage, I am sure we will have the opportunity to have you as our guest many times in the near future!
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Spent the first of what I expect to be regular visits to this property since it is almost walking distance to a frequent business location. The service provided at the front desk was excellent with the desk clerk offering great recommendations for late night dinner. The room starts with a small entrance way and the bed on the inside wall with a loveseat, coffee table and flat screen TV rounding out a very welcoming and roomy layout. Immaculately clean and a sound machine for a relaxing nights sleep make this a very nice room. The breakfast in the morning with made to order eggs and other hot dishes made the visit complete. I will absolutely be choosing Courtyard for my future trips to Miramar.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Miguel H, Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We look forward to having you stay at our hotel in the near future!
chicago, il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay here twice in the last couple of weeks. It is a decent place with a friendly staff. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. The property is in a good location although a little tough to find as the address on the hotels website did not work in my GPS. There are bigbox retailers close by and lots of restaurants close by as well.
We ate at the hotel for breakfast once and we were really rushed and the buffet seemed very incomplete. To my surprise the host handed me a bill and said that he only charged us for the continental breakfast since they buffet was so incomplete as they were closing the breakfast service. It was kind of deceiving as there were no indicators that you were being charged for breakfast as most courtyards include it as part of the package and they quality of the breakfast seemed on the same order as free breakfasts you get at other places.
We did not use the pool but it looked clean. Decent place to stay if you are in Miramar and have work at the Miramar Business Center down the street.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for such a positive review! We appreciate you taking your time to review our hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miramar
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar
Wingate by Wyndham Miramar
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale West / Pembroke Pines
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Pembroke Pines

Been to Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar? Share your experiences!