“Fine.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
NJ
“Fine.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Typical Courtyard, maybe a little older than some. We were upgraded to a suite, which was nice, but otherwise, nothing spectacular here. Outdoor pool, if it was heated, wasn't extremely heated, lol.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Miguel H, Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott Miramar. That is wonderful that you were upgraded to a suite, I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed it!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
San Jose, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I spent two nights in this hotel during last week. They assigned me a room on the third floor next to the elevator, which initially I request to change it but the hotel was booked. It wasn't that bad, I thought it would be noisy, but it wasn't.

I paid the stay using miles and according to the website parking, wireless internet and breakfast was included-even thought waiter issued an invoice for my room account. Internet didn't work for a whole night, front desk transfered me to technical support who tried to help me for an hour. They finally found out it was a serious problem and solved it during the evening. At check out talked to the manager on duty about internet and breakfast cost and she was kind enough not to charge it!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
We are so glad to here that you had such a great experience at our hotel and that the Manager upon checkout was able to assit you. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

Our recent experience at this hotel was not satisfactory. The room had furniture which was well worn--less than one would expect of this hotel. Additionally, the bathtub had half of it's enamel worn off. We should have asked for a different room but mistakenly did not. After showering the following morning I discovered bits of enamel all over my skin. When mentioning to this to the clerk at check-out, we received a polite "I'm sorry." This room should not be assigned to anyone until it is renovated!

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel until it is renovated!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. I am sorry hear that you had an unpleasant experience. However, I am pleased to tell you that we have recently renovated all of our bathtubs in the hotel so this will never be an issue again!
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

The Courtyard Fort Lauderdale is a nice enough place to stay, but sometimes it's the little things that make the difference between a great stay and just an OK one. The check-in process was very smooth and the front desk staff very accommodating. No issues there. The breakfast was great in a large area with a comprehensive buffet - costs $9.95. It was somewhat disconcerting to be told breakfast is available and then find out it is not free, but it was a good value and convenient. A better quality of coffee would be a nice touch. Real cream for the coffee in a pitcher or thermos would have been good as well considering the breakfast is a paid affair.
The room I had was fine, good lighting and free Internet. The wireless connection was very poor in my room (mentioned by others in their rooms as well) but there also was an option to hard wire connect and that worked pretty well. My room did not have an extra blanket though an empty plastic bag in a dresser drawer attested to that fact there had been one in there at one time. Others in my group all mentioned they had found and used their extra blankets. The second day I was there I returned to my room to find it had been cleaned but none of the trash had been taken out. Between the trash situation and the missing blanket I came to the conclusion that there does not seem to be much oversight in the housekeeping department. The bath tub slip mat was still lying in the tub.
The hotel had 24 hour free coffee in the lobby with cookies in the afternoon. The hotel is in the middle of a complex of hotels so walkability to any shops, restaurants, etc. is not an option unless you want to go to another hotel restaurant. It is very accessible from the highway.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. We will definately take all of your comments into consideration. We hope to see you again here at the Courtyard by Marriott Miramar in the near future!
Fairlawn, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

I stayed here four weeks this year and was supposed to stay there all this week as well. For the first time ever I checked out early because of the hotel. Prior to this week it was just an OK hotel. Nothing special but tolerable, and I stayed there to get Marriott points. This week, though, I found a long hair in the shower when I first went in, the curtain liner had mildew, and there were soap streaks on the shower walls. The room also had sugar ants, as did a room I stayed in there a few weeks previously. I politely told the front desk the next morning and they said they would take care of it. That evening I found I had a new curtain liner but the long hair was still on the shower and was still streaked. Plus I found that they didn't give me any washcloths. At that point I gave up and went to the front desk to tell them I'm checking out the next morning, which I did. I'm now at another hotel that is much cleaner and nicer.

Other things I didn't like but won't matter to everyone: No Comedy Central on the TV so I couldn't watch the Daily Show live. Also, the elliptical trainer in the fitness room did not have a heart rate goal setting. The hotel I switched to has both of these.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
IndyGM2009, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar, responded to this review, September 26, 2014
I assure you that things have changed since your stay. Please come see us again.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

The courtyard Miramar/Ft Lauderdale is a convenient and typical courtyard chain. Improvements include the single serving of beverages in room and little guest pack we received at check in. Its close and convenient to highways, shopping and restaurants. Good hotel if visiting family and friends in the area. The food bar is hopping in the mornings only, quiet and deserted other times. Business center area is convenient with only two stations, but was not busy.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Hotel was clean, staff was very friendly. Gave me a late checkout without problem and even upgraded me to a suite when i checked in. Coffee in the lobby in the morning was a plus (i think i overslept for breakfast).... there is a wallgreens on the corner in case you forget anything. I would stay again.

Room Tip: had room 523... the AC was a bit noisy but it kept the room cold like i like it... so no complaints.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar? Share your experiences!