“Perfection in the art of pies!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 121 restaurants in Miramar
Cuisines: Pizza
Newnan, Georgia
“Perfection in the art of pies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I can’t for the life of me figure as to why nobody has written a review for Antonio’s Pizzeria. But, it’s an honor for me to be the first!

I live in Georgia and for the past 30+ years, I have looked forward to visiting my relatives in Miramar and having Antonio’s Pizza.

Antonio’s sets the standard on how perfect a pie should be and unfortunately, not many can cut it close. From the moment you walk into the pizzeria, your senses are stricken with the aroma of garlic, seasoning, and tomato sauce making it a quandary for anyone without a preconceived notion of what to order.

My choice is always a pie! A Sicilian deep dish crust with everything on it! A conglomeration of fresh veggies and seasoned meats embedded in a generous plane of melted cheese and overlaid upon a blanket of savory sauce.

And at the moment that it hits the palate, it’s an explosion of Italian greatness that dares you to compare with mom’s greats. It’s the very sensation that makes you wonder if a pie can get any better and is the key element of goodness that one could only dream of having in all pies.

Antonio’s will always be our hidden gem in south Florida, a superior taste away from home!

• Visited November 2011