“Pleasantly surprised!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
Georgia
“Pleasantly surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

It's a small inn about 15 minutes from FLL airport. I was a little nervous upon my arrival, but there was no reason for concern. I knew from previous reviews that renovations had just taken place. Unfortunately the Netflix wasn't working during my stay. Room was comfortable and had a mini fridge. I'm a flight attendant and stay in big chain hotels on a regular basis, and I have stayed in many guest houses during my personal travels, and I can honestly say I had one of the CLEANEST rooms I have ever seen. Fort Lauderdale Beach was about a 20 minute drive. This is a family run business. The owner was very nice, as was the lady managing the desk. It always feels good to support the small mom and pop businesses, especially with nice people like the ones here.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Don't let the general location or the quaint appearance fool you. I Booked this room to be close for event at the Hard Rock. It was extremely clean, newly renovated, and the staff was very kind. I will definitely stay here again if u need a room in the area.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Everything was beyond expectation. Excellent service. I have no complaints. I have in many hotels around the world like in a San Juan, Beijing , Oranjestad and Manila. Beautiful rooms are nothing without great service.
I will definitely stay again

• Stayed February 2014
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

This place exceeded my expectations. I wasn't really expecting the great service or the super nice, Very clean rooms. We just needed a safe place to keep our luggage while we gambled all night and hung out down the street at the Hard Rock. (Guys trip) We were a group of 6 guys and the front desk lady (Ms. Sonya) made us feel like were coming home every night. Would certainly come back to stay. Only down side was not a lot of parking, late night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Belvedereinnfl, Manager at Belvedere Inn, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Thank you for your great compliments! Ms. Sonya is a jewel to us as well. We here at the Belvedere lnn know that parking door front at the Inn is somewhat limited. The parent company of the Inn owns the business next door and there is additional parking there, as well as in front of the Inn. We can't wait to host your next trip to South Florida. You guys were great!
Mocksville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

When you try to reserve from this hotel, you receive notice after seeing rates and clicking book now, that rates and availability are not true until speaking to an inn representative that will be contacting you.

You receive a "Booking Confirmation" titled email with a body stating "We just received the reservation request from you" with the rate and information.

After 48 hours I had not heard from an inn representative so I tried contacting the inn, by phone. No one responded. I tried again, again no one responded. I tried to e-mail the address listed on their website and got an email kick back stating the mailbox was unavailable. I even tried messaging their Facebook page. I tried responding to the Booking Confirmation and again got a kick back. Was beginning to feel that this inn had closed. I tried calling one more time and got a representative.

The representative couldn't find anything in the system. So she asked if she could look and call me back in no more then a half hour. After 2 hours I called back. Still couldn't find anything and passed me to another. This person states they have been having IT issues and their IT person was in Turkey. Finally finds my request and tells me that the rate shown in my email was no longer valid. Even though on their website they were still showing an 85$ rate. But now the rate was $150 and couldn't assist with the lower rate. I was traveling in for a funeral, not a bowl game or holiday and they wouldn't accommodate, even after stating a reputable inn and suites was opn a few miles up the road for 120$.

After this experience of just trying to book a room ... I would never try again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Belvedereinnfl, Owner at Belvedere Inn, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
As the website states your room/rates are NOT confirmed until you speak with an agent from the Belvedere Inn. We’re an intimate hotel which is located in the very heart of all the action here in South Florida and we are the newest hotel around so our rooms book out really fast. Our online reservation system is NOT connected to our in-house system, so therefore these two systems have to be merged manually. This is the reason for verbal confirmation. (As with all hotels with online systems, web crawler and bored individuals that book rooms are a great concern here, we do this to protect the true integrity of our inventory.) (This confirmation is necessary)
Yes this was a “request”, this auto email is sent to let you know we received your request, it is NOT a confirmation and it states that in the email. During the time you wanted a Room the Belvedere Inn was almost completely sold out. The Rates at the time contact was made was $150.00. You were advised, but you didn’t want the room at that rate. If you had spoken with someone and received an “actual” Confirmation before the $85.00 room rate sold out, your request would have truly been honored. I only offered you the other hotel to help with your travel plans. (I actually even called the other hotel for you, but when I got a call back their rates had risen to $375.00)
As I stated to you on the phone. I truly am sorry it took 48 hours for a response. I’m not sure why this happened, but it was a very busy holiday weekend. (Which is NO excuse) Our IT people are in Turkey and they are still at the time of this response “working on the system”. We are putting in place a more accurate system with true rates for each date, which change almost hourly in the hotel industry. Once again I am sorry your “online” interaction with the Belvedere Inn was not a pleasant one, and I hope if you visit South Florida again, you will give us the opportunity to make your stay here a GREAT one. Also once again sorry for your loss and be well.
Boca grande
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I work in the hospitality industry and was pleasantly suprised by the Inn.The rooms have a very modern design with a lovely decor.The fact that this is a very small property made it more intimate.I felt safe as I was travelling alone and will definately return :-)

• Stayed December 2013
Belvedereinnfl, Manager at Belvedere Inn, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Having someone from hotel hospitality industry say this about our property make me proud to manage and care for such a warm and inviting place. We here at the Belvedere Inn will do everything in our power to keep people just like you happy for years to come. We aren't that big but we try to make up for it in hospitality.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

this hotel with excellent! it was clean and had everything I needed including a microwave and refrigerator. everything was brand new. I also enjoy the fact that they had free Netflix and a lot of other options to watch on the television. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013
Thanks so much for your review we hope to see you again soon! We here at the Belvedere Inn will be offering more entrainment options! We are partnering with DirectTV to bring even more in-room enjoyment. Please Stay TUNED. :-)

Been to Belvedere Inn? Share your experiences!