“I LOVED IT” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   1096 Scenic Gulf 98, Miramar, FL 32550   |
A TripAdvisor Member
“I LOVED IT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2006

I think the hotel was great. It was so fun.

• Stayed July 2005

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2006

The hotel was not nearly as nice as I was lead to believe. I took my family on our only vacation of the year and arrived to learn they are across the street from the beach not on the beach as we were lead to believe on the phone. Also, the beach was much like a public beach, there were people parking for the day and the beach was very crowded. The staff was not very helpful and did not seem to care if we came back or not. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed April 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2005

We just arrived back from our trip to Destin. We stayed at the Majestic Sun Sept. 10th-15th. I wasn't quite sure what to expect as we usually stay in Seacrest in a smaller condominium complex (3 stories). I thought a swimming pool might be nice to have access to (what with the shark attacks earlier this year). I wasn't real keen on a high rise in a busy area. As it turned out we did not even use the swimming pool. There is no way you can lay on the beach and not swim. It just can't be done. It is too beautiful; not to mention hot. We didn't have any problems getting an umbrella/chairs; we were usually to the beach by 11:00 am or 12:00pm. There isn't a walkover close by so you do have to trek up and down a 15-20 foot hill of white sand. It isn't so bad going down but climbing up with an ice chest was a little more difficult. The weather could not have been better. The entire time we were there there was not one cloud in the sky and highs in the low 90's.

The room was nice and well equipped with all the necessary kitchen appliances for cooking, etc. We were on the second floor and was concerned the view would not be very good. I was wrong. The view was great. Three of the five mornings we were able to see the dolphins moving through the area and playing. The only down fall was the smell of the hot water. It has an awful odor that isn't very appealing when trying to cook or even shower for that matter. It was real quiet; we rarely saw anyone in the hotel itself although we know there were plenty of people there.

There are plenty of places to eat nearby. Not within walking distance, however. The outlet mall is just a few minutes from and one of my favorite places; The Donut Hole is only about 10 minutes. Hwy 98 is very congested. I can't imagine what it is like in the summer. Destin has grown so much in the past 6 or 7 years. It is incredible how much it has grown. It doesn't have that small beach community feel anymore. I don't care for that much. When you are lying on the beach you forget about all of that "city" stuff.

We would stay at the Majestic Sun again . . . but definitely during off peak season such as fall or spring.

• Stayed September 2005
Wilmore, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2005

The resort was clean. The employees were friendly. There wasn't any noticable damage from the hurricane other than the steps to the beach were gone. The kids loved sliding down the sandpiles instead of having to use steps. There is alot of construction going on so be prepared to wake up early unless you're a heavy sleeper. The road in between the resort and the beach isn't hard to cross and doesn't take away from the view although we couldn't hear the sounds of the ocean from our balcony because of cars and heavy machinery.

I noticed a reviewer stated that there was a sewage smell in Building B. Thank goodness that wasn't the case while we were there. We stayed in B on the 10th floor and didn't notice a smell.

The pool is in front of Building A and typical of resorts everywhere-be in a chair around 9am or you won't get one until 6 or 7pm. There is only one restaurant within walking distance; it's okay for fish sandwiches and such.

• Stayed July 2005
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2005

My husband and I just got back from our first big vacation as a family with our 18 month old. (We stayed there 3 nights.) We had a great time ,and the Majestic Sun was wonderful. The condo that we had was nicely decorated, had a great view, and most importantly very clean.
The condos are not located directly on the beach, but it was not a problem since we just had to cross a 2 lane road to get there. Even with a toddler and our beach gear it was not a big deal at all.
The only drawback to our stay is that we had to check in at a seperate location. It was not a huge problem, but it was inconvient. Afterall, who wants to make an extra stop after driving 9 hours to get to your destination.

They do advertise a gated community, but I have to say that this wasn't entirely accurate during our stay. Yes, we were given a security key ring to open the gates, but only needed it 2 times. For the most part the gates were broken or being worked on.
Overall, the Majestic Sun was very nice and I do recommend it.

• Stayed April 2005
Lawrenceburg, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2004

Once again my family and I stayed a week at Majestic Sun. We loved the condo, but the hot tubs were not as clean as I had expected. Fairfield guest also use the hot tubs, so you have all types of people sharing the hot tub with you. Many do not follow the rules and as far I could tell, they were not enforced very well. I could only stand to put my feet in the hot tubs this time. The pool was very nice and well maintained. The view is incredible and the location just can't be better. Although they advertise security as a plus, I wasn't very impressed with that either. People from the public beach across the road would climb over the fence at night and have a good time in the hot tubs after closing hours. No one seemed to care when we reported it. Another reason I questioned the cleanliness of the hot tubs. Would I stay there again? Yes! It has many pluses and the condo layout is absolutely one of the best!

• Stayed January 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2004

Un-Real is the only way to describe Majestic Sun. It's a beautiful facility that is right on the gulf. There was nothing negative about the experience; I can't immagine staying anywhere else in Destin.

Been to Majestic Sun Condominiums? Share your experiences!