“RUDE MANAGER AND POOL PERSONNEL!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

You added Majestic Sun Condominiums to your Saves list
Majestic Sun Condominiums
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   1096 Scenic Gulf 98, Miramar, FL 32550   |
madison
“RUDE MANAGER AND POOL PERSONNEL!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

First of all, the pool personnel were like Nazis attacking people even if they did have their ridiculous arm band on. It was very unrelaxing to watch. I witnessed one staff member literally chase a man out of the gate when he was with his daughter who was wearing her swim pass. RIDICULOUS. I made a complaint to the Female manager who could care less because apparently she hates her job. My second encounter was the noise. Construction was going on every morning at 7:30 AM, but what really did me over was the 3rd encounter. My child left his blanket there, and we didn't realize it until 3 hours out. I called and spoke with one manager, Warren, who was so sweet about it. But when I called back, I spoke with a female, who I won't mention names, that was very RUDE. I understand that there are rules, but when your 5 year old child leaves their blanket that they have had since birth, you would think she could just run up there and get it for me.. NO!! I had to go through pens and needles of phone calls, but luckily we retrieved it. She had no compassion whatsoever and apparently takes no pride in actually being a manager because of the lack of trying to please her guests. She is also very controlling because she would not put the other manager on the phone.. I doubt she will still be there in a year, but if she is I am not going back.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Nashville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

First off, please please please look closely at the pictures of this condo. The official pictures will hardly reveal that the condo is NOT on the beach. It is accross a two-lane road from a very well-used PUBLIC beach. So unless you like CONSTANT car stereos, loud Harleys, and well.....riff-raff people going by yelling at all hours, you should pass on this property.

Next, this facilty is POORLY built. The walls and ceilings are thin. We could hear a pin drop in the condo above us. Everytime these folks opened their balcony door, it sounded like an earthquake in our unit. The units have wood floors, so every movement of a chair on the floor above sounded like a construction zone. There is little sound-deadening between the units, so plan to hear everything around you.

There are a few other oddities at Majestic Sun. Most condos in Destin and Miramar have gas or charcoal grills. Not so the Majestic Sun. In this unit's price range, this should be a given. Check-in occurs offsite at a realty office and the local staff, while friendly, were fairly useless in addressing the problems with the unit we stayed in (water leak from vanity, stove malfunction, non-working lights, intermittently working jacuzzi tub, icemaker problems, no chairs on the balcony!). Pets were not allowed, but somebody had a couple of dogs. It seems there is a double-standard here for owners versus renters and the owners are allowed to bother others with their pets.

With all this negativity stated, I should note that the unit was big and the location (near Silver Sands Outlet Mall) was good. The beach staff was helpful and friendly even if their prices were high. There were several good restaurants nearby and easy access to golf and activities.

This condo is not for middle-agers like us. It's better suited to younger childless couples that like noise and activity.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2007

this condo was overall MAZING..i met a LOT of new friends while there, although i suggest keeping the pool open longer because that was the only place i could hang out with my new friends @ night and i suggest having like a teen "partyish" type thing because that would be a good way for teens to hang out 2gether

• Liked — sight
  • Disliked — early pool closing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
in
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2007

Nice condo overall, but not what we were led to believe. The beach is across the street, private with public access, basically public beach. The chair rentals were $40/day but placed so close to the water you couldnt have your children play in the water without renting the chairs. The advertised tennis courts cost $18/HOUR to use. There was no BBQ grills available as advertised. About 20 lounge chairs around pool with only 2 tables that had umbrellas for entire facility(300-400 rooms). The advertised Kiddie pool is now a fountain with no children access. Staff was nice but never able to answer any questions, not sure exactly what thay do all day, think play on the internet. They are planning to build a parking lot on the beach so you may want to ask some direct questions before scheduling your vacation here.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Huntsville, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2006

We stayed at the Majestic Sun the week of July 16th-23rd and it was fabulous! This was my first trip ever to Destin after always going to Gulf Shores. I loved the location, it was right by the golf courses, outlet mall and close to awesome food. We had no problem with our room or the staff.

This was a fabulous property and I would highly recommend this property based on my experience.

• Liked — Accessibility to great dining, golf, shopping and beach view.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2006

I think the hotel was great. It was so fun.

• Stayed July 2005
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2006

The hotel was not nearly as nice as I was lead to believe. I took my family on our only vacation of the year and arrived to learn they are across the street from the beach not on the beach as we were lead to believe on the phone. Also, the beach was much like a public beach, there were people parking for the day and the beach was very crowded. The staff was not very helpful and did not seem to care if we came back or not. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed April 2006

Been to Majestic Sun Condominiums? Share your experiences!