“Loved this condo” 5 of 5 stars

Leeward Key Condominiums
2.0 of 5 Condominium   |   2936 Scenic Gulf Dr, Miramar, FL 32550   |
“Loved this condo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

A group of 4 of us stayed in condo #605 over Labor Day weekend 2011 and could not have been happier. The unit was very nice and had most everything we wanted including plenty of towels and dinnerware. Helen at the front desk was very nice upon check-in and the pool on the beach was a trip-saver due to the inclement surf from Tropical Storm Lee. There were plenty of restaurant options within walking distance. Having stayed farther down in Destin proper a few years ago, I would highly recommend the Miramar Beach to anyone and will definitely return to this location again.

• Stayed September 2011

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
house001
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

We stayed at the Leeward Key, Unit 801. The condo was beautiful, but the beach was horrible. The seaweed, trash and the smell was unbelievable. We paid $84.00 for 3 umbrellas and chairs and only stayed on the beach for about 2 hours. That's all we could stand of the smell and the filth. If don't know if the property owners have to pay a homeowners association due, but if the do, I would demand that something be done. That was our 3rd stay and If I ever do go back, I will bring a rake to at least clean a spot for my family. I talked to a couple of friends that stayed in Pensicola, they said every night there would be a crew out cleaning the beach. Thanks.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Shreveport, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed in 1202 with my son, daughter in law and 8 yr. old grandson. This is a top floor corner condo, pet friendly. Breathtaking ocean views. Leeward Key is on beautiful Scenic 98 - no fast food, souvenir shops, tourist traps - just beautiful beach homes / condos, all with private beach access. Quiet,absolutely gorgeous area. A convenient couple of miles to the main drag and grocery store, etc. The condo was spacious, nicely furnished with a full kitchen - plenty of cookware / dishes, etc. 3 TV's. DVD. Balcony. Will definitely book this again if we go back to Destin.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Zachary, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

Great for families! A little too much room for just two people. Two pools, one beach side. The best thing about the place was that it was QUIET, at least when we stayed. Would return again tomorrow. A sure bet in Mirimar Beach. If you book online make sure that you understand that this is a condo and that a cleaning fee will be charged when you check in.

Room Tip: Call Resort Quest (now Wyndham) before you book.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Strafford, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

We stayed in condo #803 and had a blast. The rooms were all very clean. All appliances up to date and worked. My husband and I traveled with our 3 kids 10,8, & 5 and my mother. We had plenty of room and it was a very short walk to the beach which was private and never congested. The pool is a big plus for moms it is only 5 feet deep and the deep end so I got to relax by the pool and let the kids play without worry. The condo is close to everything you could possibly need. I would recommend this condo to anyone going to Florida. We had a great time!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

I've stayed at Leeward Key many many times and always in the corner 2 bedroom units. I have never experienced any weird noises. I've stayed several times in 906 (great owner and lovely condo) and 706 and never had any problems. This is a quiet, calm, relaxing place to stay. It is across a 2 lane road from the beach, but really, this road is very pedestrian friendly! The walk to the beach is nothing and I'm lazy so trust me it's nothing to worry about!! Parking, never had one problem. If you want party city, don't stay here.

Kenny D's next door is always good for oysters. Capt Daves ( I think that's the name) just across the street is a really good place to eat. Not at all fancy inside (in fact they really could use a good spruce up). But the seafood....excellent. Our waiter, superior! Not cheap but not crazy expensive either.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2009

We had a wonderful time! Leeward Key is a beautiful place with wonderful spacious rooms. We were facing the ocean and the room had all the amenities of home. I would absolutely come back next year and stay at Leeward Key. It is in a great location, great for families. The walks on the beach in the morning are awesome!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Been to Leeward Key Condominiums? Share your experiences!