“Benihana's is still my favorite hibachi” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 120 Restaurants in Miramar
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Miramar PK way
Weston, Florida
“Benihana's is still my favorite hibachi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I still remember when you had to drive for 40 minutes to eat good hibachi. The only Benihana's in the area was either north of here or in Miami. I love the fact that they're close by and the food is excellent.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Miramar, Florida
“Great food but pricey ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My family and I eat here about 2-3 times per year. Usually for someoneone's birthday. It is great if you do not mind being seated with people you don't know. The food is cooked at your table so often you leave smelling of food and/or having the smoke of the food blowing in your face (this happens whenever the air vents are not working properly. The level of service is a hit or miss. Sometimes great, but more often not. I do recommend the happy hour dining, prices are much better and the sushi is great. I will continue to attend for the traditional dining because it just happens to be my husbands favorite, so he overlooks any negatives.

Visited May 2013
Davie, Florida
“Starting to slip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

My kids love Benihana and we frequently dine at this location since its so close to our house. Over the last few months i have noticed the service is starting to slip. Last night we were seated and waited over ten minutes before i had to ask one of the managers if there was a server assigned to our table. The server did not take our order correctly nor the order of the other party sitting with us. The Chef had to repeatedly ask for additional food to be brought from the back which further delayed our meal. The Chef we had was great and the food was good as usual but aside from the incorrect orders he was very slow cooking one item at a time.

In addition it appears as though the management is not keeping control of the restaurant. There were several tables around us with kids that were out of control, running around the table,and drumming on the plates with their chopsticks. I know that this isn't a quiet place for dinner and i get it, i have kids too but this was out of control. I may give this lace another shot but if i continue to experience poor service and an out of control environment i wont be returning.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Crestview, FL
“Very Popular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This restaurant located at the exit of I-75 and Miramar Parkway is very popular. Make a reservation if you don't want to wait for a table. We were seated at a hibachi table for 8 people. The chef was very entertaining and the food was delicious for the most part. I didn't care for the dressing they used on the salad. The onion soup was delicious as well as our main courses. We were celebrating two birthdays so the birthday boys each got an ice cream dessert (not included in the meal but free for the birthday celebrants) and a picture of the group. They have a special menu for children. My son had sushi and he really enjoyed it. He said the octopus wasn't rubbery and tasted great. No one walked out hungry; we were stuffed. The only thing I didn't like too well was our service. The server seemed to be in a hurry and very impatient. I had to flag her down to get a refill on my tea. But the rest of the service was very good.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ordered the chicken and shrimp special for $37. It comes with a soup, salad, and "shrimp appetizer." The onion soup is pretty good. The salad is the traditional salad with the orange dressing. The shrimp appetizer is a couple of shrimp that the chef puts on your plate before he puts your regular meal on your plate. The meal was decent. The fried rice was great. Be careful, because they always add chicken to the rice and add it on to your tab without asking. The shrimp was fresh. I didn't care for the chicken. We ordered spicy chicken and the chef forgot to put it on the chicken so they gave us a thick spicy sauce after (too thick to spread because it should only be used during cooking). Overall, it was an average meal for $50 (once the drink my husband ordered and the chicken for the fried rice was added). We'll go back but I've had better experiences there.

• Visited May 2012