“Great Italian food by way of New York City is hiding in Miramar!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 121 Restaurants in Miramar
Cuisines: Italian
Miami, Florida
“Great Italian food by way of New York City is hiding in Miramar!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I love this place! It takes outstanding food and superb service for me to go head over heels for a restaurant. This is the place! It reminds me of the NYC Italian spots.

Miami, Florida
“Pizza was so, so”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I love thin pizza and thought I would try the pizza at La Famiglia. It was thin just like I like it but that was the only thing I liked. The sauce tasted like it had just come out of a can. We took the pizza to go and took it home, let than 10 minutes away. The deluxe was a greasy mess and did not look at all appetizing. The cheese was in better shape but really no flavor. We ordered garlic rolls to eat on the way home because we were starving. The rolls were barely warm and had obviously been sitting out for a while. Considering the price of two pies and the garlic rolls I expected much more taste and better quality. Very disappointed. While we waited a number of the entrees went by that looked fabulous. May give the place another try but definitely not for pizza again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Delhi
“Great Place for a quick lunch or a lazy meal :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

we had a team lunch here and the food was absolutely wonderful, the service quick and fast, the ambience relaxed. Enjoyed the food thoroughly..

• Visited December 2012
Florida
“Excellent Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I was at this italian restaurant today I was extremely impress, I'm not a big fanatic of italian food because its always to much tomato sauce, but today I had in experience of a lifetime. It was four of us we had calamari for start that was excellent then we had pizza and veal Parmesan with pasta it was excellent, I will provide pictures when I get a chance. Our server Maria was very nice and very friendly this restaurant was recommend by a coworker and it was a really good choice. I definitely will return.

Pembroke Pines, Florida
“A tasty lasagna puddle”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Pro:
- The lasagna was very tasty.
- The server was friendly and attentive.
- The bill was accurate.
- The lasagna we took home reheated perfectly in the microwave the next day.
- Attached free covered parking, a plus in this Florida subtropical climate.

Con:
- Ugly Lasagna
- Bland garlic rolls

My dinner partner and I were very disappointed on our recent dinner visit.

Both of us ordered the baked lasagna. What we received was what I would describe as a puddle of lasagna.

I had no camera with me so I will verbally describe what we were served. It looked like the lasagna had melted and oozed over the plate into a sloppy puddle. My dinner partner said it looked like the lasagna had fallen on the floor and was scraped up onto the plate. We know that didn't happen, but nonetheless the visual presentation was, uh, terrible.

It was so unrecognizable that I thought that maybe they brought us the wrong dish. Nope. That's their lasagna.

Maybe the image of lasagna has changed over the years? I searched online for pictures of "lasagna". I found mouth-watering pictures of multiple pasta layers neatly stacked into a nice presentation. Nothing like what we were served.

Despite the gross appearance the taste was fine, actually quite good, but nothing I would ever order again if I want to eat with my eyes open.

We were disappointed that the garlic rolls had a very weak garlic flavor.

Would we return?
Yes, but I would order from elsewhere on the menu. And I would bring a camera.

My rating of "average" balances out the poor presentation with the delicious meal.

• Visited November 2012