“Nice hotel for a resonable price” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 6 hotels in Miramar

234 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Vevey, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I spent six nights there, and found it a good, pleasant hotel. The room was spacious and well equipped, breakfast was varied with pancakes, eggs, meat changing every day (patties, bacon, ...), yoghurt, etc.. True, it is far from the ocean, from Miami and Fort Lauderdale, but it was close to where I had to be.
On the negative side, as the hotel is right against the interstate, the windows are sealed, whilst I like to sleep with an open window. And front-desk service is not particularly efficient. I had faxes sent to the number printed on the room telephone, but was told repeatedly that there was no fax for me, until they were located elsewhere in the office.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I stopped here for the night in route to Florida. I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was very nice and clean. Good location. Our bed was very comfortable and the room was very nice. It was obvious that the hotel was older but it has been updated and was a very good stay for the price. We will definitely stay there again if in that area. Only problem I had was that our room was in the back and my key would not open the back door so I had to walk all the way around to the front desk. They reissued my key and it worked after that.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Winnipeg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The reno's at this property have not been finished yet!!!! Will be a great property when they are completed - but by that time it will be ready to begin again. We stayed for two days and found the location a bit out of the way for our liking. We requested 3 rooms together for a family of 6 and didn't get it. Took us an hour moving from room to room to find one that was acceptable. Found toilets that didn't flush, small fridge where the paint was bubbling on the front (quite unsightly), a funky smell, tears in the sofa cushions, bathtubs with broken drains, dirty strips and hair in tub, just lots of signs of wear and tear. Not up to the standards of a Wingate. Would not stay again.
PS: Breakfast great and overall property is clean. Just the rooms are disappointing.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We went to the Ft. Lauderdale area for the weekend and we really enjoyed ourselves. The Wingate was a nice hotel tucked away off the freeway. Check in was easy as we arrived late Friday night. Free breakfast was yummy-got us up and on our way in the morning! The night manger was so nice and funny! He helped me out with an issue with the business office with so much humor-I wish I would have gotten his name. The only thing we wish is that we could have been closer to the center of the city, but this is by no fault of the hotel. We did have a room on the side of the freeway and the sound of the traffic was not a problem. Slept right through it. Mirimar seemed to be like any suburb of any large area-nice and quiet! Would definitely stay here again--- if I'm going to be in Mirimar! Great job Wyndham Wingate!

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Miramar? Share your experiences!