“My husband and I stopped here for the night in route to...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
Ohio
“My husband and I stopped here for the night in route to...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I stopped here for the night in route to Florida. I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was very nice and clean. Good location. Our bed was very comfortable and the room was very nice. It was obvious that the hotel was older but it has been updated and was a very good stay for the price. We will definitely stay there again if in that area. Only problem I had was that our room was in the back and my key would not open the back door so I had to walk all the way around to the front desk. They reissued my key and it worked after that.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Winnipeg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The reno's at this property have not been finished yet!!!! Will be a great property when they are completed - but by that time it will be ready to begin again. We stayed for two days and found the location a bit out of the way for our liking. We requested 3 rooms together for a family of 6 and didn't get it. Took us an hour moving from room to room to find one that was acceptable. Found toilets that didn't flush, small fridge where the paint was bubbling on the front (quite unsightly), a funky smell, tears in the sofa cushions, bathtubs with broken drains, dirty strips and hair in tub, just lots of signs of wear and tear. Not up to the standards of a Wingate. Would not stay again.
PS: Breakfast great and overall property is clean. Just the rooms are disappointing.

TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We went to the Ft. Lauderdale area for the weekend and we really enjoyed ourselves. The Wingate was a nice hotel tucked away off the freeway. Check in was easy as we arrived late Friday night. Free breakfast was yummy-got us up and on our way in the morning! The night manger was so nice and funny! He helped me out with an issue with the business office with so much humor-I wish I would have gotten his name. The only thing we wish is that we could have been closer to the center of the city, but this is by no fault of the hotel. We did have a room on the side of the freeway and the sound of the traffic was not a problem. Slept right through it. Mirimar seemed to be like any suburb of any large area-nice and quiet! Would definitely stay here again--- if I'm going to be in Mirimar! Great job Wyndham Wingate!

• Stayed January 2013
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

It was a great homely place to stay ...my first time staying there, and I will definitely be back every time in the Ft lauderdale/Miramar area. I stayed there for 2 days, JUST checked out this morning as a matter of fact - just arrived back to hometown and had to write a review. It's in a very nice quiet, clean and safe area. It was very clean. King sized bed I slept in was VERY soft and comfortable. Push out sofa my brother slept in was cozy.

Breakfast is usually 6am-10am. I had to check out 5:30am, by the time I left around 5:45am breakfast was early enough for me to grab a bite :) The food is delicious - usually, omelets (eggs), waffles, muffins, pastries, bagels, cereal, bacon, sausage - tea, coffee, juice.

GREAT VALUE compared to the other hotels right around the block.

Room Tip: If you don't know Miramar area, then make sure print out the directions. It could be tricky to f...
Old England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located close to Insterstate 75 to the west of Miami, but it is at the far side of a business park and difficult to find, even with GPS. The hotel is built on 4 floors, being clean and spacious with a good breakfast on offer and plenty of free parking outside. If guests require other meals, then it is a difficult drive to find other restaurants in the area. This is a lovely hotel - if you can find it.

Room Tip: The rear facing rooms overlook the Interstate.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lakeland, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed 1 night and the staff was efficient & freindly. The place was hard to find even with GPS! It is in a very confusing parking lot of an office complex. The room was big but overly sprayed with a deodorizer and was almost sufficating! The room safe's door was off and it could not be used. We were there to see Totem by Cirque de Soleil the show was not good!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Miramar? Share your experiences!