“Friendly and helpful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
Jacksonville, Florida
“Friendly and helpful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed here for two nights before a cruise out of the Port Of Miami. This hotel is located in a business park. We stayed on weekend nights so it was very quiet. I used the new advance check in, so check in was quick and easy. Greg at the front desk was very friendly and helpful, both at check in and all weekend long. Our room was on the fifth floor, facing the back parking lot. We had a standard room with two queen beds. The room was very comfortable, and we slept well both nights. The room was the standard size, well appionted, and very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was rommy and not cramped at all. It was supplied with Neutragena toiletries. We had breakfast at the hotel both mornings, even though we had to pay. It was convenient to do this, and we knew that the food would be very good. Hilton Garden does cooked to order, which makes their breakfast worth the price. On our first night, we asked where would be a good place to have dinner. Greg recommended a place and it turned ouit to be excellent. We had planned to park at the cruise parking lot for our cruise, but Greg suggested leaving our car at the hotel for free. The shuttle service is not run by the hotel, but they use a safe, reliable service. It costs $25 per person, each way, but was worth the peace of mind and about the same as the $40 per night cruise parking garage. Leaving our car at the hotel was much safer. Greg and the rest of the staff at this hotel were very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Our family spend two nights at the HGI in late June 2015. The room was clean and nice. Wi-Fi was free but not the breakfast. I booked the room on Hotels.com for 85.00 night. Pool is okay and staff is friendly. Free coffee offered in the lobby. Breakfast is $10.95 per person. This was our third visit at this hotel. We will spend another weekend there again.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
Dalila H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this review, 2 days ago
John P,

Thank you for your feedback. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon and hope you enjoy your next stay with us even more.
West Palm Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I often travel for work and anytime I book a hotel in the US it is a Hilton brand hotel. I've had my fair share of other brand hotels and nothing else compares. I arrived at the Hilton Garden Inn 7-24-15 around 6pm. The lobby was spacious, clean, with a bar. I immediately noticed the lobby was very crowded due to some sort of family trip. I noticed a charter bus unloading passengers when I arrived. Although I did not have to wait very long to be checked in, it took the hotel staff a while to distinguish me from the other guests in the the much bigger party. I requested a room on a high floor away from elevators and my request was granted. I was also given complimentary water and snacks for being a Hilton Honors Member.
Upon entering my room I had to adjust the thermostat. It was very humid with an odor, perhaps mildew. The carpet was wet by the closet and bathroom so I kept my shoes on the entire time I walked around the room. I immediately took a shower and discovered the tub was not draining properly. The water was up to my ankles by the time my shower was done. I also looked up at the bathroom ceiling and saw a hole right next to the sprinklers. There was dust in the vents.
At around 12:30 am I was awoken by a wailing siren that was very painful to my ears. I was in a very deep sleep so it frightened me. I then realized it was the fire alarm going off. I looked outside my door and overheard people saying it was a "mistake" and hotel staff telling guests there was no need to evacuate the building. I'm not sure if someone pulled it as some sort of prank or joke.
Although I tried to stay in the room the sound was unbearable and I had to leave. I went outside where I met up with other hotel guests that were also forced to leave their rooms because of the noise. We all stood there for at least 15 minutes as we watched the lights flash and still heard the wailing alarm. Finally after about 20 minutes of standing outside in my pajamas we were able to return to our rooms.
Overall, the experience was not what I expected, especially after a long day of traveling but the hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
Sheree W,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience. I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations due to the inconvenience with your stay. We work hard to ensure our guests have a great hotel experience, we greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction. Once again, we are very apologetic for the inconvenience you
experience during your stay. We hope you give us an opportunity to stay with us again in the near future.
Denver, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The hotel is a bit run down in appearance, but basically clean and well equipped. The staff, however, are truly outstanding and did everything possible to meet my needs. The bottom line was a superior experience.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Judith A,

Thank you so much for your feedback. It's truly great to hear that our staff went above and beyond and did everything possible to meet your expectations. We work hard to ensure that our guests have a great stay. I will make sure to share your comments with the staff, it will definitely put a smile on there face. We are looking forward to your next visit at the Hilton Garden Inn, Miramar.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

As a wheelchair user, I've stayed in many "accessible" rooms. This is by far my best experience.

Hotel: The hotel is located right off of I-75 and has everything you need nearby. There are restaurants, a gas station, a pharmacy, you name it. The hotel itself is clean and spacious. There is plenty of parking and many accessible spots on both sides of the main entrance. The breakfast is not complimentary, but is buffet-style with pancakes, potatoes, eggs, bacon, fresh fruit, cereal, etc. There is always coffee in the lobby and occasional treats.

Room: I had an accessible that was located very close to the elevator -- a plus for wheeling on plush carpet. The room was enormous. The room was equipped with a bed, sofa bed, chair and ottoman, desk, swivel flat screen TV, and night stands. I did not feel cramped with my wheelchair at all. The fridge and microwave came in hand and I used the Keurig coffeemaker every morning. My only concern was the height of the bed. As a quadriplegic, it was very difficult to transfer in the bed. I even fell one night, but the staff came right to my rescue to assist. More on that further down.

Bathroom: My accessible bathroom had a tub. Again, there was plenty of space as a wheelchair user. It did not have a suitable bench for me, but the general manager provided what I needed. More on that in the next section.

Customer service: I don't care how many stars this property is, the customer service was top notch -- the best I've ever received at a hotel. As I stated earlier, when I fell in my room, the staff came running to my rescue to assist and make sure I was ok. When my bathroom didn't have the bench I needed, the general manager Devin asked what I needed and purchased it from the local medical supply store. That type of service has made me a customer FOR LIFE! Whenever I visit family in the area, I will always stay at this property. I am forever grateful that the staff took my needs into consideration and treated me with dignity and appreciation.

Stay here. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Superb accessibility. Large rooms and accessible baths.
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Dear Justice W,

Here at the Hilton Garden Inn in Miramar, We want to thank you for sharing with other travelers about your experience with us. Your kind words and feedback of our hotel, staff and accommodations demonstrate top notch customer service. We look forward to serving you again in the near future, Once again, Thank you.
Wasilla, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is LOUD, poorly taken care of and unless you are a "frequent guest" (based on a statement by Dalila the manager) you will not be treated fairly or heard if you choose to complain. I had a horrible stay and will NEVER stay here again. From marijuana smoke, to loud music playing at 2 am, to door slamming all day and night, poor housekeeping, etc. my trip was a NIGHTMARE.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Vanessa B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with the room and the service provided. We know you had many options and we thank you for choosing our property. I also apologize for the level of noise you experienced while staying with us. We wanted you to know that we are working on correcting these matters. We hope you give us an opportunity to stay with us again in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed their earlier this month. I was looking for a place that is quiet and away from all the celebration and drunks and this place was it. The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful breakfast was ok, I've had better. But overall it was a great experience and I'm staying there next weekend for my birthday.

Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
Melissa D,

Thank you for your feedback. Its nice to hear that you had a great experience in our property. We hope to see you again soon and enjoy your next stay with us even more.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miramar
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Wingate by Wyndham Miramar
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale West / Pembroke Pines
El Palacio Sports Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar? Share your experiences!