“Over charged card that was taken off files because my sick husband threw up” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar

You added Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14501 Southwest 29th Street, Miramar, FL 33027   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 25%!
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
“Over charged card that was taken off files because my sick husband threw up”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

General manager is unprofessional and performs charges on credit cards when not supposed to. And was specifically told to take card off file the room was paid cash and then charged the card anyway $250 for a sick man vomiting on the floor before he could reach bathroom

• Stayed July 2014
DevanNMakadia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for writing a review about our hotel. Please understand that all of our guests are required to have a credit card on file for incidental purposes in case of room services charges or damages to the room. In this case, two of the rooms you had occupied were damaged by vomit and therefore we needed to impose a cleaning fee to compensate for labor and the rooms being out of service. Thank you for staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
San Francisco, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The hotel lives up to the Hilton reputation - the staff were great the rooms were perfect - great place to stay - very centrally located and all types of services around it - all types of food and shopping next to the hotel. Perfect environment

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Simpsonville, SC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The staff were attentive to every detail. The restaurant offered a good menu. The food was excellent. The breakfasts were of good quality and the breakfast staff made you feel at home. In the evening, the bar service was magnificent. A great stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Nice lobby, great staff - always smiling and gracious...
Room walls are crazy thin! I could hear the girls next door, as if they were sitting on my couch... Heard the man on the other side, talk to his wife (so embarrassing). I changed rooms, but the other room was just as bad. Damp smell in room, carpet was wet, not sure from what?
Sheets were TERRIBLE!! So old and felt like sand paper - I had to flip bedspread upside down & sleep on soft inside of the bedspread... then flip the rest over me (so wrong).
Pool tiny. A/C was very loud too!
Hilton used to have a great brand - this one missed the mark.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
DevanNMakadia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear SeattleBroadfoot,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review about our hotel. We appreciate the wonderful comments about our staff as they take extreme pride in providing excellent service to our guests. We deeply apologize about your experience in the guest room. Rests assure that we are in process of replacing all of our carpet in the rooms that will be completed within one month. Hilton Garden Inn has changed to a new type in linen therefore all of our linens will be replaced this month as well. I hope you can give us another chance during your next travels. Have a Wonderful Day!
Kingston, Jamaica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

As a former Hilton Honors Diamond member, prefer to stay at Hilton properties. Usually, I do not have any issues and occasionally write reviews. However, I stayed at Hilton Garden Inn in Miramar for 4 nights. Before this stay, I had NEVER had an experience with bed bugs at any hotel. The morning after my first night, I noticed several bite marks on my arms, legs and hip. Silly me attributed them to mosquito bites, even though I hadn't seen or felt any mosquitos. The following morning brought more of the same, regarding bites but I now had them on my butt and neck, in addition to more on my arms, legs and feet. I "inspected" the bed but did not see any bugs. Again, I attributed the bites to mosquitos.

On my last night, I went to use the bathroom and happened to glance back at the bed. I saw a bed bug crawling near the pillow. Once I did a more thorough inspection, I found much smaller bed bugs crawling on the wall (near the bed). Some were barely visible and had they not been moving, it's likely I wouldn't have seen them. I literally left the room with the clothes on my back and notified the worker at the front desk, on my way out the door. The only items I carried back home were my cell phone, nook and chargers. I left all clothing, sneakers and even the suitcase at the hotel. The trip wound up costing extra money, as I had to replace items, which I REFUSED to take back home w/me.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
DevanNMakadia, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear elr913

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are extremely sorry for this occurrence. Immediately after your stay in March we had the problem eradicated by a professional pest control company and did not rent the room until proper clearance. Unfortunately with the increase in international travel these days bed bugs have been more common throughout every hotel/motel in the world. It is also with this realistic understanding, despite all our efforts, we simply cannot control the access into our guestrooms, bed bugs being brought in by luggage. However our response program is strong with positive results. I hope you can give us another chance to how you our warm hospitality again.
32548, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Frequent visitor on business...excellent value! The staff remember me by name. Makes me feel special. Would definitely recommend. I have never had an issue with accomidations or service. I particularly like the bar and its service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Karl M,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn SW Ft Lauderdale/Miramar and taking the time to write a wonderful review. I am thrilled to hear that the staff here always remembers your name and make you feel special. I am glad that you are a frequent patron of our hotel that has always seen the consistency in our service and commitment. We can't wait to see you on your next trip to the area.
Pembroke Pines, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Very professional and helpful staff, loved breakfast buffet servers very polite, room very clean comfortable beds, nice pool, bathroom and towels too very clean, inexpensive paid 109 per night not bad, very modern will highly recommended

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar? Share your experiences!