“Nothing special” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Miramar
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed at this location while traveling for business. Front desk staff was no where to be found upon checking in and during the evening. Rooms were average but need updating. Would not stay again while in the area due to nothing special with this HGI.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
mmili808, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Hello,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience us. Your feedback is very important to us as it allows us to better understand how we can improve our service to you.

I am sorry for the unsatisfactory experience during your recent visit. Please be assured that we want to provide you with an exceptional experience every time you visit us. From your email, it is clear we did not meet your expectations. Again, I am truly sorry we disappointed you.

I want you to know that I have already taken action on your feedback. After reading your email, I immediately shared the information you brought to our attention with the front desk team.

Additionally, I would love to know what day you stayed with us so I can pinpoint the individuals who worked that night.

Please feel free to email me this information to mychal.milian@hilton.com

165 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Saint Augustine, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Just left from this hotel. We left early even though we would lose money for the night. Traveled for a soccer tournament and used a Hilton brand like we always do. Got there at 5:30 p.m. On a Thursday and some of our teams rooms were not ready. Other teams were there and hotel was sold out. The noise and running up and down halls was out of control. We travel quite a bit with soccer and never have I been to a hotel that was so out of control. Started calling the front desk at 10:30, then 11:30 and then at 1:15 in the morning to ask them to send someone up on Thursday night to get kids and adults out of halls and to get noise under control. Never worked. On Friday morning I even went to the front desk and asked if they could put a note in the rooms asking parents to control the noise. Clerk assured me it would be taken care of but Friday night came and it was almost as bad. Tried running the fan on the a/c to mute the noise but it would only work on auto so it kept going on and off.
The breakfast was better than most hotel breakfast and the staff in there was very nice and helpful. The rooms were pretty clean. Had hair on our sheets and asked for new ones. One of our team's rooms had a big leak in it by the entry door from water from the above floor. They left early too.
Stay could have been a lot better had we got a good night's sleep. Staff just didn't seem interested in helping. Several of us left early even though we paid with a group rate and it was not refundable. Our team was done and the thought of another miserable night trying to sleep just wasn't appealing. Drove 4 1/2 hours home instead.
If you are thinking of staying here, make sure you ask if they have any groups there. If they do, go somewhere else where you can sleep!

Room Tip: Top floor and away from elevators.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

First of all, I'd like to apologize for disturbances during your stay with us. Unfortunately, on that night that the noise complaints were made we did send one of our employees up to check the floor and it did quiet down for a few minutes but then again it would continue. While he was up on the floor he said he didn't hear any noise, and once he would leave it looks as if though the noise would begin again inside the rooms.

Please be assured though, that this is not a normal occurrence at our property as we hardly ever have a hotel full young children.

Thank you for your feedback on the restaurant team as well. I will be sure to pass the feedback over to our Executive Chef.

Regards,

Saint Augustine, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We were here for a sporting event. We use Hilton because they don't make you cancel 3 weeks before, and we can usually check out if plans change ( like the team doesn't make it on). But this time we still had to pay for a night we didn't use. Will think about someone other than Hilton possibly next time. The staff was very friendly. Joey at front desk very great. The carpets were old, very dirty, and very smelly in rooms and halls. Good location to I-75 and restaurants. Sometimes Hilton forgets to be a hotel and reduces to a motel. Thin walls. I think I know my neighbors next door pretty well.

• Stayed December 2012
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to recognize Joey on his great service at the front desk.

Regarding the condition of the hotel carpets, I am very pleased to inform you that we are current undergoing a reservation which included the hallway carpet, lobby, and all the meeting rooms.

As far as the group rate, it was indeed a non refundable rate as stated on the contract and I apologize if it was misunderstood.

Please feel free to contact me at mychal.milian@hilton.com should you have any other questions.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Where to begin.. My experience at this hotel has taught me to never book another hotel stay online again without first calling the hotel and making sure they have, like most decent and reputable hotels now a days, cameras in the hallways, stairs, and outside surrounding the hotel to ensure the safety of their patrons. After being robbed, losing all of my valuable possessions and nearly my life, I learned after talking to the police that there
was no way I would recover my possessions or see the case resolves because the hotel lacked proper security measures such as cameras in the hallways, stairways and even outside the hotel. Staying here and dealing with the staff after was a nightmare. After my stay, I was harrassed by staff in their attempt to convince me that there is no security issue at the hotel and that they have no liability in what transpired. I am going to demand my money back and possibly take legal actions against the owners for their negligence. Besides the traumatic experience, their restaurant and bar are overpriced and the whole experience was not worth the $150 nightly rate they charge. I'd try the Marriott across the street, they have cameras everywhere.

• Stayed December 2012
Rebecca M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear EdGuru,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking a moment to provide feedback to the TripAdvisor community. We are so sorry that you were robbed while staying in Miramar. We do feel it is important to set the record straight on some pertinent details regarding this incident. As you shared with the police, the robber was a stranger that you met on Craigslist and invited into your room. Additionally, the robbery did not occur in a direct confrontation with the robber, but instead, your invited guest took your belongings while you were in the shower. To address the security of the hotel, we take our guests’ security extremely seriously as we want to ensure a safe and comfortable stay. We do have the industry standard coverage of monitoring cameras and the majority of other hotels do not have more camera coverage than we do.
Again, we are truly sorry that this incident occured, but felt it was important to fill in with some of the other facts of what transpired.

Kind Regards,
Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have stayed here twice in the past 6 months. It's simple and clean. As always the free wifi is a big bonus (at least or me). I like the they have coin laundry machines for guests to use. If you have a car it's a great place to stay. Very close to a major highway. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The hotel and rooms are ok, but it is ridiculous that they put a room right next to the party hall. There was a conference until midnight and then a concert that woke me up around 7 AM the next morning. It is completely unacceptable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
mmili808, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to address your concerns. I apologize for the troubles you encountered through your stay with us. It is unfortunate that these incidents occurred during your stay, however your comments and concerns allows us to pinpoint and address the individual involved to help better our service and image of our brand and hotel.

I wanted to personally apologize about the noise incident and would love to speak more about it.

Please feel free to reach me at 954-438-7700 or at my email, mychal.milian@hilton.com

Once again, we look forward to seeing you again and thank you for choosing us for your hotel needs.

Director of Front Office
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

It's probably my fourth time at this hotel and not much to complain. It's simple, clean and inviting. My room was nice and very clean. Even in the morning when I woke up I could still smell the carpet freshner. Breakfast is pretty good and a very moderate price for a buffet style breakfast. The only flow is having a very grouchy and slow cook in the kitchen. He didn't seem eager to assist the guests. Receptionist could be friendlier but are ok.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
mmili808, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for your review!

On behalf of our property, I wanted to apologize about your encounter with our breakfast cook.. Your review has been forwarded to our Executive Chef and it will definitely be addressed.

As far as the receptionist, I wanted to apologize because being the staff at the front desk is a direct reflection of myself and by no means would like anyone to think we are not our friendliest.

We hope to have you back soon, and once again, thank you.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar? Share your experiences!