“A TYPICAL GARDEN INN” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
Orlando, Florida
“A TYPICAL GARDEN INN”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

It's probably my fourth time at this hotel and not much to complain. It's simple, clean and inviting. My room was nice and very clean. Even in the morning when I woke up I could still smell the carpet freshner. Breakfast is pretty good and a very moderate price for a buffet style breakfast. The only flow is having a very grouchy and slow cook in the kitchen. He didn't seem eager to assist the guests. Receptionist could be friendlier but are ok.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
mmili808, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for your review!

On behalf of our property, I wanted to apologize about your encounter with our breakfast cook.. Your review has been forwarded to our Executive Chef and it will definitely be addressed.

As far as the receptionist, I wanted to apologize because being the staff at the front desk is a direct reflection of myself and by no means would like anyone to think we are not our friendliest.

We hope to have you back soon, and once again, thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Key Biscayne, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

When we arrived to Fort Lauderdale airport after midnight due to a flight delai, we realized that we made a mistake in booking, we called the hotel and we tried to explain to Cara that we need the room for the same night and not for the following day. She stated that they have rooms available but there is nothing she can do because the reservation was made thru a third party (Hotwire) and that if we want to get a room we have to pay for it again.
For over 20 minutes we were trying to convince her that it was a honest mistake, and we just need somewhere to sleep for the next few hours.
She called her manager M Melon who showed no interest in assisting a long time loyal customer and Hilton HHonors member, refused to speak to us on the phone and just rejected our request,
Mr Melon (I hope I spell his name correctly) was indifferent and didn't show no consideration to my longterm loyality to the brand; he failed to use better insight to assist a family with kids in the middle of the night, he failed to understand what HOSPITALITY is all about.
I believe that the front desk staff and managers completely reflect the hotel and corporate management competency; and based on this experience, I sincerely believe that Hilton local and corporate management are COMPLETELY INCOMPETENT and if I could give this hotel 0 stars, I definitly would.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
mmili808, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We are deeply sorry for the experience you had reserving the hotel through Hotwire and apologize for your troubles due to the flight delay.

I am so sorry that this was not explained better while you were here. Your reservation came to us through hotwire.com which, as you know, is a discounted website for hotel rooms. The trade-off with booking through this channel is that there is no flexibility in your ability to modify the reservation. Unfortunately, your reservation was made for an arrival date of Sunday 11/4/2012 and checking out on Monday, 11/5/2012. It was understood that when you spoke with Tara, you wanted to check in on the Saturday night instead and stay for 2 nights. As I explained, we would have been happy to assist you with making an additional reservation at a discounted rate for the Saturday night, however; we were unable to honor your request to add an additional night to your current reservation at no charge. I apologize if this was misunderstood in anyway. We typically would honor an early check in for a reservation for a same day arrival anywhere from 10am in the morning however; the night before we were not able to honor your request the reason for this being that it was thirteen hours before check in time (Check in is at 3pm).

Once again, I am sorry for any miscommunication and I hope that it does not hinder your decision on your next visit to Ft. Lauderdale / Miramar area.

Please feel free to contact me at Mychal.milian@hilton.com if I can be of further assistance.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed at this for two days and ran into a couple of issues. When I first got to me room and turned on the TV the basic channels ABC, NBC, CBS, etc) did not work on my TV. I called down tot eh front desk and immediately they sent an engineer up, which I was impressed with. The engineer restarted the TV a couple of times, but could not get it fixed. I was moved to another room which had the same issue, but I didn't bother letting the front desk know and just stayed in the room.

The shower head leaked and it shows that this issue was going on for a while because the ceiling above the shower head was chipped and flaking from the water being sprayed on the ceiling. (See attached pics)

On my last day in the hotel the fire alarm went off at 5 am. When i got downstairs I heard from other patrons that this issue has occurred in each of the two previous weeks. Apparently someone has been smoking with their door open or smoking at one of the exit doors. This issue needs to be addressed by management.

The front desk staff was very helpful, the the breakfast staff did a great job as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ronkonkoma, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel before, but hadn't tried the room service. We decided to just stay in the first night of the trip, as my co-worker had driven over 6 hours and I was exhausted as well. I ordered the grilled chicken with vegetable over pasta and a caesar salad. Althought they said it would take about 40 minutes, the food was up in 20. The temp of the food was perfect. The salad was delicious and the grilled chicken was excellent. It was a nice sized portion, the temp was perfect and the food was absolutely delicious. I felt like i was eating in a high-class resident. The Hilton also has other nice touches like fresh baked cookies, tea and lemonade in the lobby at the end of the day, in addition to the free coffee in the lobby in the a.m. All these nice touches, as well as great service, friendly people at the front desk and reasonable prices make the Hilton a great place to stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
mmili808, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for your great review!

We are very delighted to hear that you enjoyed our room service. Your review will definitely be passed on to our Food and Beverage team.

Hope to see you soon!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed two nights 9/24 & 9/25. overall it's a nice hotel, quiet, comfortable beds and close to restaurants. the breakfast it's pretty good. I like the most of Hilton's is the cleanliness of the rooms!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Omaha, NE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel was nice enough. Nothing outstanding but comfortable. The staff could not have been nicer or more accomodating. The air conditioner in my room was not working well but they offered to send maintenance to fix it. Breakfast was very good, the bartender was super nice. The staff was super friendly. They had a towel origami contest going on with the staff and hotel guests were invited to vote. It was fun!

Room Tip: Do not stay on the first floor. There is no ice machine. However, the staff will get you ice from th...