“Nice surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Flamingo Road
Description: Elle's Global Food & Drink features the world's best cuisines and cocktails, reflected through the prism of South Florida. Regional America, Asia, the Caribbean, South America, and Europe all come to the table at Elle's, spiced with a distinctly new American vibe.The casually chic dining rooms are ideal for date nights or family meals, intimate dinners or office parties. Seating for over 100 is available indoors plus seating in a breezy outdoor patio.The White Bar at Elle's is a conversation piece, and a place for great conversation. The distinctive lit-from-within white onyx bar features signature chef-crafted cocktails made with only premium liquors. Craft brews and small-production wines are featured as well.
Evanston
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were in Miramar for one night as part of a business trip. This place was fairly close to our hotel. Being in a strip mall, we were not expecting much, but the food turned out really good. I am vegetarian -- the salad and ravioli I had were good (the ravioli where pumpkin ravioli in a spicy sauce which was an interesting combination). My colleague was also very happy with his food. The service was also good and friendly.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“I had a really great time!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to this restaurant and had an excellent! The service was very good and attentive. The food is the best part, I had the black bean surf and turf burrito. It's different from any other burrito because it had this amazing black bean risotto in it and everything is perfectly seasoned. My husband had the seafood risotto which was also perfectly seasoned and none of the seafood was overcooked. All in all this place is great for date night!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Always great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Had the second lunch here in the past couple months. $10 for a lunch with tax drink and gratuity. I had the mole tacos grilled soft corn tortillas, the sides were fresh , flavorful food and it has a great atmosphere. I have also had the brunch which was a prix fi type menu. I will be going for the happy hour next. If you haven't been you need to go.
This dynamic duo of female owners started out as a upscale cafe/bistro down the road. The food was great then and now they have really raised the bar in Miramar.

Damian D, Owner at Elle's Global Food & Drink, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Glad you enjoyed our Perfect 10 lunch special. Hope to see you soon for dinner, and when you do, please say hello as I work every dinner shift and like meeting our new customers.
Davie, Florida
“worst service ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We we ate here last night. The service was awful. Not only did the food take 2 hours to come out, the waitress took it upon herself to change the order. Even after we asked to speak to a manager, were ignored. There is no way this place will last.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Service needs work, but all other elements are there for a good rest.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Being born and raised in Miramar, I was quite surprised to discover Miramar had a trendy clean lounge-like place. I went here for the first time on Friday Dec 14 during lunch time. I was impressed with their menu. I do think they need to reduce their menu a bit, but everything did look quite good on there. It has a lot of European influence, and it reminded me of American Bistro.

Being a designer myself, I was able to appreciate the modern and sleek decour inside.

This restuarant seemed to have all the elements for success except for one thing -SERVICE! It took a while for the waitress to come for our orders. We ordered Spanish Tapas for an appetizer for the whole table as well entrees. The appetizers came AFTER our entrees! Service was so slow even when we were the only ones in the restaurant eating!!!! There should be no excuse for that mistake. The waitress blamed it on the cooks but it was also her fault for not being proactive about it. My suggestion: The owner needs to take all their employees to a good restaurant and learn what real service is like. All the people working there are highly inexperienced. I will say that it may not their fault for being inexperienced because they just need appropriate training, that or the owner should hire qualified staff.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Damian D, Owner at Elle's Global Food & Drink, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Seems as though your 4:00pm lunch caught us between lunch and dinner shifts -- and caught us with our pants down.

Apologies that your appetizer order arrived late. Servers do make mistakes but it is unacceptable to blame it on the kitchen. It was the server's mistake and she should have owned up to it.

Though your server was new to the restaurant, she is experienced, and should know better. She has been corrected and reprimanded.

Note that my staff averages over 5 years experience in hospitality which is quite a bit in this field. I certainly wouldn't characterize them as inexperienced.