“City style in the 'burbs” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Flamingo Road
Description: Elle's Global Food & Drink features the world's best cuisines and cocktails, reflected through the prism of South Florida. Regional America, Asia, the Caribbean, South America, and Europe all come to the table at Elle's, spiced with a distinctly new American vibe.The casually chic dining rooms are ideal for date nights or family meals, intimate dinners or office parties. Seating for over 100 is available indoors plus seating in a breezy outdoor patio.The White Bar at Elle's is a conversation piece, and a place for great conversation. The distinctive lit-from-within white onyx bar features signature chef-crafted cocktails made with only premium liquors. Craft brews and small-production wines are featured as well.
Plantation, Florida
“City style in the 'burbs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We came ready to either love or loathe this place. There have been a number of small restaurants to go to Miramar and not make it. How nice to find that this is a place to love.
We came in on a Monday night--a night that does not often show up for small restaurants. For starters, we had the Mongolian lamb chop appetizer and even a confirmed non-lamb eater loved these small almost-lollipop-sized chops. Truthfully, if you want to make a meal off the starters, they all appear to be tapa-sized portions and there are enough choices for almost any taste.
After the appetizer, we got: seafood risotto (oh MAN! it was good),tenderloin tacos (perfectly cooked), and a Sonoma flatbread (cheesy and fresh).
Unlike another reviewer, we had excellent service. We all had something to take home for another meal because the portions were just slightly more than enough for a meal.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Damian D, Owner at Elle's Global Food & Drink, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for the very generous review. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal and hopefully the live music as well -- the lamb chops are one of my favorites!

75% Recommend
USA
“Food good but service sloooowwww”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Food here is good. The $10 lunch specials are a bargain. Waldorf salad was creative and tasty. But leave loads of time for lunch. Even though the restaurant was less than half full on a Friday for lunch we were there for over 90 minutes. Most of the time was spent waiting to get our check and then our change. Was not the first time we've had slow service there so something for them to work on!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Damian D, Owner at Elle's Global Food & Drink, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for coming in to enjoy our Perfect 10 lunch special. We've worked hard to deliver real quality food quickly. We'll continue to work on the entire end-to-end experience so folks can get in and out quickly as well.
Miramar, Florida
“Great for a date!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I went out for a "date" and were not disappointed. We were seated right away. The hostess was very pleasant. Our server, Eddie, was so nice and very educated about the men--so many interesting choices. We started out with some spanish tapas and sangria--YUM!!. For the main course-oxtail lasagne for him and veal chop with black bean risotto for me.
They were both was fantastic!! The restaurant is a chic, neighborhood restaurant, it also has a nice bar. Great food, drinks, music and excellent company of course. We will be going back for sure.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Damian D, Owner at Elle's Global Food & Drink, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you very much for the kind words, we're always glad to hear our efforts translate to a great experience for nice people. Oh, and glad that the date went well <wink, wink>!
“Great place for a drink or bite to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Great place great service however a little pricey. If you want to take a seat and relax and enjoy a drink great place.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Damian D, Owner at Elle's Global Food & Drink, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Thank you for coming in to Elle's, and for taking the time to write a nice review. Hope to see you again soon.
Ft. Lauderdale
“Definitely will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I didn't feel like cooking, after a long, hectic day at work. I'd heard about Elle's through a friend who held an Educators for Obama function there. I couldn't make the function, but kept Elle's in mind, for future reference. I live about 30 minutes north of Elle's, but it was so worth the trip! My husband and I really enjoyed our meal and I was happy to take left overs for lunch! I ordered the oxtail lasagna and the Greek salad, along with the pina colada martini and a lychee martini! Having a Caribbean background, I am used to eating oxtail and would have never thought to put it with lasagna! It looks like they shredded the oxtail and put it in between the lasagna strips. The combination was so good! The Greek salad came with a home-made dressing and I liked it so much I asked for more to drench my salad in it! A salad with mozzarella strips came with my entree and the dressing they used was quite tasty and home-made too! My husband had the lamb chops, which was actually listed as an appetizer. I tasted his and it was delicious. The sauce they used had a sweet taste to it and the lamb chops were so tender! Yummy! They serve bread too and we filled up on that because it was quite tasty too! My husband even asked for another serving! We were so impressed with our first time visit that I asked to speak to the owner. I just had to tell him how much I enjoyed it and that I'd not only be back, but would tell all my friends about it! It was definitely a nice change from the usual chain restaurants like, Ruby Tuesday, and it has a classy feel to it! It's basically a hip restaurant that is akin to any restaurant you'd find on Las Olas, in downtown Ft. Lauderdale! Instead, it's in a neighborhood in Miramar, which makes it a neighborhood gem! Kudos to the chef, owner, and staff at Elle's!

Constructive criticism: The only thing I would change is that they need to make sure that the hostess is at the door because we stood for quite awhile and no one came to greet us. We finally walked up to someone who looked like she worked there and she told us we could be seated anywhere. Later, I noticed the same thing happened with another couple who walked in. Either someone needs to always be there to greet the customers, or a sign telling them to seat themselves should be there. The servers for the rest of the evening were quite charming and gave excellent drink recommendations, so they totally made up for it!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Damian D, Owner at Elle's Global Food & Drink, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you very much for the generous review. It was a pleasure to meet you both that night and doubly nice that you so enjoyed your meals. Thank you for the suggestion on the greeting, I'll definitely make some adjustments to the front on nights when we don't have a host on duty. Hope to see you back again soon.