“This is the place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
Chicago
“This is the place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I visited Florida from 3/29 - 3/31 for my cousin's wedding, and stayed at this hotel. What an incredible, wonderful experience! The entire staff, especially Ms. Yvette Carrington (the Front Office Manager), were wonderful! I stayed in a King Size Suite - the bed was heavenly, the bathroom was huge, fresh towels & sheets everyday, and a WONDERFUL POOL! My family offered to put me up at their place - I opted instead to stay at the hotel, and in no way regretted it. It was one of the most relaxing, wondrous vacations I've had in awhile. If - no, WHEN I return, I will be staying here again. Great job, guys!

Room Tip: A King Size Suite is the way to go. Mini fridge & microwave, a GREAT bed - I slept like a rock...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Winter Garden, Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We planned a cruise out of the Port of Miami, and coming from Orlando, we didn't want to have to drive all morning and get on the ship exhausted from a four-hour road trip. We booked one night at this hotel, because we are big fans of the Hampton Inn chain of hotels.

We arrived on Sunday afternoon and found the hotel clean and inviting. The hotel staff were very accommodating and found our reservation immediately. After the normal check-in protocol, we were given our room keys. When we arrived at our room, the keys did not work. Fortunately, a housekeeper was on the same floor and allowed my family to enter the room, as I went to the front desk. The front desk staff was very apologetic and corrected my key issue. They suggested, if I had a problem again with the new keys, to use a house phone and someone would come to the room and correct the issue – I thought this was a nice gesture. Within moments of me returning to my room and the keys working, I received a telephone call from the front desk, confirming the keys worked – again, a nice gesture.

The room was clean and was not outdated, as some have described. It’s a hotel. I did have two complaints about the room itself. First, the air conditioner was quite noisy. It was the typical wall/window unit with a separate thermostat mounted on the wall. Second, the bed was not of a normal Hampton Inn quality. I found it entirely too firm, as compared to the numerous other Hampton Inns we have stayed in, over the past many years. Otherwise, the room was pleasant, clean and had all of the amenities we would ask for, to include free Wi-Fi access.

My only other complaint about the hotel was the breakfast. Again, this was not up to the standard Hampton Inn fare we were accustomed to. The eggs were obviously of the powdered variety, and there was not meat selection (bacon, sausage, etc). Theft left us with the breads, waffles, cereal and dairy products. One positive thing I will say about this Hampton Inn versus others, is there was plenty of seating in the dining area. We did not have to wander or search for a place to sit – a big positive for me.

We didn’t use the pool or gym facilities; however, they were made available. The parking was more than adequate, being well lit and close to the entrance of the hotel. For those looking for a place that is NOT in Miami (or have the prices associated with Miami), but in need of a place to sleep before heading to the Port of Miami for a cruise, I would recommend this hotel. Although the bed was a of a lower standard, and the air conditioner was a bit noisy, I believe the convenience of this hotel to the Port and the friendliness of the hotel staff would make it more than acceptable for an overnight stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We arrived early and we were upgraded due to our gold status. The front desk staff took their time to explain everything and to answer all of our questions. We felt like guests in their home.

The pool was nice and they had towels by the pool. There was only one section of the deck area that was getting sun at the time of day I was out there. The lounge chairs we comfortable as I took a nap :-)

The room was very nice and big. The bed was comfortable. It is close to the turnpike.

We would stay here again.

Basseterre, St. Kitts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Great hotel for get-aways and unlimited occasions........unwind, cruise, Saw Grass Mall and much more. February 2013 -3 nights stay came with comfort and tranquility coupled with the back drop of water ways proved truly relaxing. We booked the hotel online and the staff delivered on site! Excellent CLIENT one-to-one service. Keep up the good works folks.
Hot oatmeal and the works for breakfast was as if the cruise was continuing. Highly recommended for every enjoyable occasion in life.

Definitely will stay again!

Room Tip: Top floor with a view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Potsdam, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed two nights at the Ft. Lauderdale/Miramar Hampton Inn & Suites during mid-March 2013. Excellent property – well maintained, excellent staff hospitality and restful nights of sleep. The fitness facility was fully equipped and the complementary breakfast was up to the Hampton standard. We found the property difficult to find on first pass – our GPS got us close, but not into the entrance; it was easy to make wrong turns and if one is not careful, one can find ones self on the Florida Turnpike entrance ramp.

Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I've previously read reports about this hotel on this website, and once I arrived and got to me room I did notice that the carpet is extremely outdated as previously reported on this site. Now, I think that the personel at the front desk are still wearing attire from the 60's.. Breakfast was the standard hotel breakfast that is offered by many other hotels, such as Residence Inn in Tx.
My ventilation system didnot work in the bathroom, the toilet constantly ran water. There is no space between the desk chair and the bed.

The desk supervisor leaves a lot to be desired, she really does not make a person feel welcome. For $189 per night, I did not get my monies worth.

The best thing about this hotel was the patio, it was nice and comfortable, even for smokers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This the third time we have stayed here. The hotel, staff and services were OUTSTANDING!!! I eagerly recommend this Hampton Inn to everyone that comes to South Florida. Perfect location if you want to got Sun Life Stadium or visit Dolphin Mall.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar? Share your experiences!