“Fantastic service, good location, good rooms, better than expected experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The hotel was better than expected. We are familiar with the Hilton brand and were in the area for a wedding and New Years Eve. The experience began with the exemplary personal service of the Front Desk Manager Yvette. Her attention to detail was exemplary and it really made the stay that much better. Its not to often that an attendant remembers your name after about 5 minutes and doesn't forget it for your entire stay. The grounds were safe and well kept an the over all experience matched up to everything we saw online. The value was about as close as it could get for what was received. You may not spend countless hours meandering around this hotel but you could if you choose too. Besides that it was a great place to come back to and a safe enough environment that I know I will return.

Room Tip: Call the hotel or Hilton directly - I trust that better than any site.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Caracas, Venezuela
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This was my second time in this hotel. The quality has gone down. I had two problems in my room, the matress was dirty and there were ants close to the window. The front desk staff was not frendly and the restaurant staff works with a bad actitude. Good location, standart gym and good breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HIManagement84, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
We appreciate your loyalty to us and it's important that we continue to offer a wonderful guest experience each and every time. I regret that we did not meet your expectations or ours during your previous stay. I'm sharing your feedback with our team so that missteps like this do not occur in the future. I've also contacted a local pest control company to rectify the ant issue and can assure you it has been addressed. We hope you give us another chance to offer you the quality service and amenities you deserve.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton because of how close it is to the stadium (we live in Miami). When we checked is we were given a free upgrade because of my boyfriend's Hilton Honors status and the suite they gave us was ENORMOUS. Everything was really clean and the staff was very nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Thomas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

From the moment we checked in things didn't go well. The guy at the front desk was on the phone and talking to people around him the whole time that we tried to check in. We asked for a taxi to be called right away and they were not able to provide one for us.
The next morning we could hear the housekeepers shouting at one another and banging the cart around starting at 9am on a Sunday morning. I called a taxi 25mins in advance only to wait for alomost an hour to go by before someone finally came to pick us up. While we waited there was no coffe, nowhere to sit and wait outside AND the manager on duty was having a loud scarcastic arguement with another dis-satisfied guest.....not good

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
HIManagement84, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff and additional training is being offered to improve our customer service. We understand how important our professional demeanor is and I'm truly sorry for any discomfort or disappointment you had. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience what our warm Hamptonality is all about.
Michigan USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I will start with the positives which were a pleasant check in experience with a nice staff and the hotel being quite new with attractive lobby and rooms. Overall the first impressions were very good.
I later encountered two problems. The air conditioner in my room seemed not to be putting out cool air and I reported the problem to the front desk. The person there was not the same who had checked me in and instead of simply saying they would check out the issue, I was instead told that I probably didn't know how to set the thermostat(implying it was my fault) and it took a bit of arguing to get them to send someone to look at the unit which was malfunctioning and was not a result of my not understanding the thermostat.
At breakfast when the hot water container on the buffet counter had only room temperature water in it I pointed this out to the attendant and instead of saying something like "I'll get some hot water" was told "we don't put hot water in there because no one ever wants it" At this, I just started to laugh thinking this was one of the most ridiculous answers I had ever been given.
Hotel is physically very nice as I said, but think it could use a bit of staff training in how to provide good customer service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed one night while visiting family in the area. Staff was friendly and room was very clean. We booked the double queen with a pull-out sofa and the room was huge. My favorite was the complimentary coffee, tea, and hot chocolate bar at the lobby. We don't drink coffee or tea and loved that they added hot chocolate to their selection. The regular beds were very comfortable but the mattress to the pull-out sofa was "springy". It's were our 15 yo son slept, so I didn't worry about it too much. =) The next morning he said he was well rested. The location is off the turnpike. It is a great hotel and I will stay there again when visiting family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Rooms were above average for a Hampton Inn. Good location for people going to a dolphins/hurricanes football game; closest nice hotel to the stadium. Breakfast was below average and the hotel was compleltely unprepared for the morning after the game. They were out of everything! When we complained they said that its because they had a bunch of guests? Wouldn't they expect a bunch of guests if the rooms are booked?

Would have given it a better raiting if i wasn't for the poor breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
HIManagement84, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay. We strive to provide our guests with the best experience. Our signature complimentary breakfast is no exception. We are taking that experience and your feedback into consideration moving forward. I apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you what our Hamptonality is all about. Warm regards.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar? Share your experiences!