“Mixed experience” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Miramar
Michigan USA
“Mixed experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I will start with the positives which were a pleasant check in experience with a nice staff and the hotel being quite new with attractive lobby and rooms. Overall the first impressions were very good.
I later encountered two problems. The air conditioner in my room seemed not to be putting out cool air and I reported the problem to the front desk. The person there was not the same who had checked me in and instead of simply saying they would check out the issue, I was instead told that I probably didn't know how to set the thermostat(implying it was my fault) and it took a bit of arguing to get them to send someone to look at the unit which was malfunctioning and was not a result of my not understanding the thermostat.
At breakfast when the hot water container on the buffet counter had only room temperature water in it I pointed this out to the attendant and instead of saying something like "I'll get some hot water" was told "we don't put hot water in there because no one ever wants it" At this, I just started to laugh thinking this was one of the most ridiculous answers I had ever been given.
Hotel is physically very nice as I said, but think it could use a bit of staff training in how to provide good customer service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

327 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed one night while visiting family in the area. Staff was friendly and room was very clean. We booked the double queen with a pull-out sofa and the room was huge. My favorite was the complimentary coffee, tea, and hot chocolate bar at the lobby. We don't drink coffee or tea and loved that they added hot chocolate to their selection. The regular beds were very comfortable but the mattress to the pull-out sofa was "springy". It's were our 15 yo son slept, so I didn't worry about it too much. =) The next morning he said he was well rested. The location is off the turnpike. It is a great hotel and I will stay there again when visiting family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Rooms were above average for a Hampton Inn. Good location for people going to a dolphins/hurricanes football game; closest nice hotel to the stadium. Breakfast was below average and the hotel was compleltely unprepared for the morning after the game. They were out of everything! When we complained they said that its because they had a bunch of guests? Wouldn't they expect a bunch of guests if the rooms are booked?

Would have given it a better raiting if i wasn't for the poor breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
HIManagement84, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay. We strive to provide our guests with the best experience. Our signature complimentary breakfast is no exception. We are taking that experience and your feedback into consideration moving forward. I apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you what our Hamptonality is all about. Warm regards.
Clermont, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The other reviews of this hotel were pretty spot on. We stayed here on a Saturday night to catch the Dolphin game on Sunday. The front desk staff was attentive and friendly. The rooms were clean. Beds comfortable. Our room had a flat screen TV, mini fridge and microwave. The complimentary breakfast was decent, though the crowds of people enjoying it made it somewhat hectic with lines of people waiting for waffles and food running out rather quickly. Go early! The location was great for us. The hotel is only about 10-15 minutes from the stadium as well as 10 minutes or so from all kinds of restaurants and shopping. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was well impressed with my experience at the Hampton Inn & Suites Miramar. I stayed here 2 days this past weekend. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. It is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed at. The staff was friendly. I did not have any complaints. The hot complimentary breakfast included consisted of sausage, waffles, eggs, bagles, muffins, oatmeal, cereal, etc. This hotel is well maintained. It is close to the expressway so acces is easy. It is also not far from restaurants. I was traveling by myself for business and felt totally safe.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I just finished my second stay at this Hampton. For business travels in South Florida, this is a good place to stay given its proximity to so many key intersections. From this location, car travel to the beaches, the core business areas and the suburban centers are as easy as they can be with the terrible traffic problems in the entire region. If you avoid rush hours, trips from this spot are easy.

They have the typical Hampton breakfast. For other meals, there are dozens of good restaurants within 5 miles and some world class places within 12 miles. For people unfamiliar with South Florida, there are great spots to access within an easy and safe drive including places in North Miami Beach and FT Lauderdale.

I did not connect with the staff very much, but everyone I interacted with was friendly and helpful. During check-in, the front desk manager almost kissed me for being Honors Diamond. I think she was Jamiacan based on the genuine enthusiasm expressed. Folks staying in Miami for ten-times what I paid probably did get the same type of reception. My room was large; very roomy for a Hampton. Had a bunch of appliances and everything was comfortable an functioned properly.

In spite of its location which is very close to some major roads, all was quiet during my stay. The TV service is the best of any of the eight South Florida Hilton products that I have tried so far. I don't watch much TV, but when I do tune in, it should be as easy and good as it was at this property.

The lobby and common areas are spotless and odor free. Everything is brightly lighted and fresh. Due to its location, there are no shops or dining options within a short walk. Overall - I will be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hollywood, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I randomly picked this hotel based on its location. I was in the area for a FSU / Miami game at the Dolphin Stadium. I really enjoyed my stay and especially the staff. The room was super clean (as was the whole hotel) the food was good (and free) and they drove me to the game so I could get my tailgate on (drink)!!! Ramses - the driver - was a great guy and was right on time for the pick up. He even stop and got me some food after the game. I haven't really stayed at many Hamptons, but this one was AWESOME!!! Thanks!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar? Share your experiences!