“Very good Cuban restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 123 Restaurants in Miramar
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Very good Cuban restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We found this by accident on a Saturday evening and we're glad we did! It had quite a crowd and took this to mean it was popular. It was. The food is quite good and the service was prompt. The white bean soup was very tasty and Cuban sandwiches were some of the best we have had. I recommend it.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

West Palm Beach, Florida
“all those bad reviews did some good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I unwilling went back to eat at Caretta. And I ordered the kind of foods I like and came out pretty happy. We only go for lunch and they had vaca frito Puerco which is fried beef pork, which was not bad. I wished that the pork pieces was more tender. The service was ok and the atmosphere is great. I love it there. The moro rice which I guess is frijoles negro mixed with rice. I prefer the Colombia calientado but hey Caretta has improved in leaps and I don't mind going there to eat at least this one in Miramar.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Sub par for the area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

This a a cuban restaurant in a predominantly cuban area. The food was not good. We had a party of eight. We ordered appetizers. The calimari was awful. Overall none of us really enjoyed the meal. The waitress on the other hand was very friendly and provided good service.

New York City, New York
“Delicious.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

The Caribbean/Creole menu choices are delicious, and priced fairly. The ceviche and the croquette appetizer portions were good, as was the sangria. It's a neighborhood family restaurant with a pleasant atmosphere.

Miami, Florida, USA
“Vaca Frita Thursday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My wife and I love La Carreta's vaca frita. They make it on Thursdays and it is delicious. We mainly go to eat their vaca frita. I recommend the vaca frita on Thursdays. The other meals are good as well, but not as good as the vaca frita which is what this review is about.