“Terrible Experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Milton Inn and Suites

You added Milton Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Milton Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8936 Hwy. 87 South, Milton, FL 32583 (Formerly Comfort Inn Milton)   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Milton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“Terrible Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had quite a dreadful experience. The fire alarm went off more than 20 times over a 4 hour period. Which left us out in the parking lot after being evacuated by the fire department. No manager on site. My husband and I helped take care of the poor elderly couple sitting on the side of road. The only thing we received was ten dollars off or stay. Talk about robbery... it was even their own fire alarm system problem, there was no fire.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Michelle S, Manager at Milton Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a response. While we hate that any of our guests were inconvenienced by the fire alarm, we are unable to disable it due to the safety of our guests. Unfortunately we have experienced a massive amount of bad weather this year and lightning was the cause of the malfunction. We do hope that you will allow us another chance to provide you with superior service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The Comfort Inn is a great alternative to paying high prices for hotels near the beach at Navarre. Since there aren't actually any hotels on the beach in Navarre, if you want to visit on a budget, this hotel is only a 20 minute drive up Hwy 87. Conveniently located near the interstate for easy access.

All of the employees were extremely courteous and the room was great with a small "kitchen" area complete with sink, microwave and fridge.

Breakfast is free and is complete with hot and cold options. However, the eggs were definitely powered and the biscuits were not fresh. They do have limited seating in the breakfast area.

Our particular room was a non-smoking room that someone had obviously smoked in previously. I know the the hotel has no control over that, but they could do more to help elminate the smell. I finally asked the front desk for air freshener and just sprayed it in the A/C intake and that seemed to help.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Michelle S, General Manager at Milton Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are very fortunate that our location allows our guests to be near the beach along with being conveniently located near local rivers. Thank you for the kind words about our staff. We take pride in our guests and our hotel. If we can assist you in making future reservations please contact me at 850-623-1511.
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I want to start off by saying that this was a last minute decision as I usually plan ahead for stays; I was just tired. That being said, I want to acknowledge Christopher for his excellent customer service! (He does need a little more assistance at night though, too many things to do alone!)

The room was clean but could have used a touch up. The curtains were broken and did not close properly for which I notified the front desk of and told them I rigged it for the night to close. The 'non-smoking' floor reaked of smoke! As a non-smoker it is unbearable to breathe that awful smell, but that is what you get for last minute reservations.

It was a nice hotel, but I will make sure to plan a little better next time!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Michelle S, General Manager at Milton Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge Christopher, he is a great asset to the hotel. I have spoken with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure the rooms are all in proper order to ensure that we exceed all of our guests expectations. I will check into the odor in the hallway, we do have one floor that is completely designated for non-smokers. I do hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a superior stay.
San Marcos, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was there earlier this month when they had the flooding rains. I arrived before check in (130 pm) and the deskperson said rooms were not ready due to the 4th of July weekend (people checked out as late as possible). Despite getting the room on priceline ($86), she called a staff member to get me a room available and was checked in 30 minutes later. Rooms are being renovated and I got one of them. Room has two sinks (one in bathroom, one has you entered), mircowave/fridge and coffeemaker with the interior sink. King bed, HDTV and desk with chair. Although it was a smoking room, I did not smell any smoke. There is a fitness room, pool and computer for use. Free breakfast in the morning but the hotel was soldout with families with kids so I avoided the chaos for a Waffle House in Navarre Beach (20 miles south of the property).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Michelle S, General Manager at Milton Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are very proud of our newly remodeled rooms and nearing the end of a complete renovation with an added business center along with a fitness room. Although we are a little out of the way we are conveniently located off of the interstate. We do hope that you will stay again if you are passing through the Milton area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

There was nothing wrong with the hotel. The receptionist (Angelina?) was very friendly, but the room was tiny. I booked through Choice Privileges because I was looking for a room that would hold 5 with a rollaway. My reservation was for 3 adults, 2 kids with a rollaway for $109. She told me when I got there they didn't have rollaways, but when I had her look at my reservation, she said they would send one to the room. It was an army cot with an inch thick mattress. On the plus side, the room was clean and right off I-10. Breakfast was pretty standard fare for a hotel breakfast. By the time they charged me everything incl. $10 for a very uncomfortable army cot, the price was over $130. For that price, I could've stayed somewhere with a bigger room. If they don't want to honor the online reservation requests, don't let people book online.

• Stayed June 2013
Michelle S, General Manager at Milton Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I do apologize for failing to exceed your expectations regarding your reservation during your recent stay. We have recently changed the booking status in June for our double queen rooms so they are no longer available to accommodate the the roll away due to the size of the room. We do however have a spacious suite that includes a king bed along with a sofa sleeper that will accommodate the roll away. I will use the information provided re: the roll away with housekeeping to ensure that all the the beds are up to standards. I am pleased that you enjoyed the condition of the room along with the location. We take pride in making sure all of our guest's expectations are exceeded and I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we may have another chance to provide you with an exceptional stay.
Plano, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stopped at the Comfort Inn in Milton rather than stopping earlier or driving further to Pensacola; we probably should have made another choice rather than this exit off of I-10. For a day during Memorial Day weekend, this hotel was over-priced considering the lack of any other restaurants (good thing we had something to eat on the road before we stopped) or major amenities. On arrival the Check-in staff seems overwhelmed by several people arriving at once. We had requested a non-smoking room but, the hallway on the floor had a very noticeable smell of cigarettes. Once we got to the room it was an average, clean room where we got a good night's sleep. The Breakfast the next morning had a good assortment of food that was constantly being replenished by a very accommodating Breakfast Hostess. The Breakfast area is much too small for the size hotel and gets crowded very fast. We wound up sitting outside at the table by the pool and having to go back inside for refills. Maintenance issues also effected our stay. At Check-in the Ice Machine on our floor was broken and at Check-out the only elevator was broken and we had to get all of luggage down the back stairs to the car. We should have made a different hotel selection.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Michelle S, General Manager at Milton Inn and Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations during your recent stay. I will be using your input to make improvements to ensure we exceed all of our guest's expectations. We do have an intimate breakfast area, but we are great full to have the pool area right off of the breakfast area for our guests to enjoy. I can assure that the elevator and ice machine were addressed and fixed promptly. We are hoping in the future that new restaurants will be added to the immediate area, however there are several restaurants within 8 miles of the property. I do hope that you will give us a chance in the future to provide you with an superior stay.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have to confess I rarely choose Choice Hotels brands as, normally, they are inconsistent in terms of quality (to say the least). That said, I was on a road trip with U-Haul truck and made the mistake of not making reservations ahead of time. I was hoping to roll into this roadstop and walk into my preferred choice (Holiday Inn Express). Alas, they were sold out when I arrived but they referred me to the Comfort Inn (owned by same company). I was also ready to not keep driving into Pensacola at night in a big truck with car in tow.

The building, while older, was clean and appeared had recently renovated rooms. Shower worked well, internet worked well, lighting was good in room. AC worked well and I had a comfortable sleep. Breakfast in the morning was sufficient (though nothing spectacular - HI Expresses cinnamon rolls would have been preferred!).

I arrived at night so experienced exterior lighting (or lack thereof). You will find the Inn well enough, but the exterior lighting is dismal. While there is nothing inherently unsafe of the area, the lack of exterior lighting could give the impression of being unwelcoming. For this reason, I could only offer an average "3 dot" rating.

All this said, if I were in the area again and if my preferred hotel not available, I could stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Michelle S, General Manager at Milton Inn and Suites, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are very excited about our recent renovations to the building. We are in the process of upgrading our exterior lighting and should have that completed soon. Please come again we would love to have you back.

Been to Milton Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!