“Maybe Upgrading” 3 of 5 stars

NC
“Maybe Upgrading”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

July 2012
Negatives: hallway carpets are worn and look soiled. The same was true for my room carpet. The lobby area had a strong odor of disinfectant. No room safe.
Positives: Room walls have been upgraded to orange peel. Every time I was going in or out I saw maintenance people – appeared that they were not repairing, but instead upgrading. Free security code Wi-Fi. Outdoor pool was clean and screened.
There is a Waffle House a few steps away sharing the same front parking area. There is a gas station with a Subway across the multi-lane road.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
rri589, General Manager at Red Roof Inns & Suites Pensacola East - Milton, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We are in the process of replacing the carpet. We were trying different cleaning supplies and we appreciate your feedback on this because it is very important to us. We are reparing and replacing as needed. Im glad that you enjoyed the screened in pool area during your stay with us. if we can assist you in the future please call at 850-995-6100.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Kannapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We had to change rooms because the carpeting was stained (red and brown stains). The next room the carpeting still had stains but we paid in advance and decided to stay instead of going to another hotel.

I believe the bedspreads are old and need to be replaced.

We always wore our shoes in the room.

The staff was nice. Basically, the rooms need new carpet and new bedspreads.

The pool was wonderful so CLEAN.

Would not stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
We are in the process of changing bedspreads, cleaning and replacing the carpet in the future We are glad that you enjoyed the pool and I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to accommodate you in the future. Thank you. Rhonda Westphal
Saint Cloud, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I've now been in the area three times and I don't think you can beat this hotel for value. This time though,Although the room was very clean,our non-smoking smelled strongly of cigar or something. I think it was the room next door. HOWEVER, i first called downstairs to see if there was lysol or something....which there was, but after using it, the room still smelled of cigar. But, when I returned the lysol, I shared my disappointment with the clerk, and she immediately found us another room...an upgrade for the same price. I don't expect any place to be perfect, but I am so grateful when staff bend over backwards to accommodate your needs.
Later that night, I thought my daughter needed to go to hospital with a stomach virus, the lady at the front desk found hospitals and Walgreen to help us find what I needed to care for my daughter. I felt like she went above and beyond the call of duty. I wish I could remember her name....I was in room 105, on Sun. 8 July...she was great!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Red Roof Inns & Suites Pensacola East - Milton, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your stay with us. The staff and I take great pride in making sure our customers needs are taken care of. We have cleaned the carpet in that room and steamed the drapes to make sure the oder is taken care of. so that others may enjoy that room. We are loking forward to your next visit with us. Thank you again.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

i wanted to try the kayaking and outdoor adventures around the Milton and Pensacola area so I looked up Milton hotels on Tripadvisor and found Red Roof Inn as an option. I was skeptical because we usually pay a lot more for a hotel but I decided to read the reviews and take a chance on this hotel. I was not disappointed at all!! The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was extrememly friendly and talkative. There is a cappuccino machine I plan to try in the morning before we pack up and leave. Thanks for all the reviews and I hope my review will help someone make a decision and save a little money!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Red Roof Inns & Suites Pensacola East - Milton, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review, we are glad that you were not dissapointed and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you liked the cappuccino machine. Please call 850-995-6100 if the staff or I can assist you in the future. Thanks Again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

Staff was friendly. Our room was comfortable and clean. My family enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Red Roof Inns & Suites Pensacola East - Milton, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
We are glad you had a great stay with with us here in Milton. We strive to make all of our customers comfortable with nice clean rooms. Thank you again.
Panama City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I've stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Milton, Florida several times now and it has consistently been pleasant. It's not fancy, but clean and quiet with everything needed for a comfortable few nights. The A/C is efficient, nothing is torn or stained, and even the towels are a bit thicker than you expect. The new cappuccino machine is super.
The staff are exceptionally helpful.
The only improvements I would ask for would be an easy chair in EVERY room and more TV channels.
A good stay for the price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Red Roof Inns & Suites Pensacola East - Milton, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
We are glad that you enjoy our Cappucino machine during your stay with us. Your feed back is important to us and I will pass the word along about the tv channels. We hope to see you again soon.
Jefferson City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We were excited to stay at the Red Roof. Reviews were good. Pet friendly. It was near family in Milton and not far from the beach. Great location for us. When entering, the Red Roof appeared clean. We brought our small dog, and they had dog cookies for him at the front desk. Staff was super friendly. We got a two room suite, and the room had some issues. For starters, it smelled bad. One television was broken and so was the microwave. Staff did come and try and fix these issues. The fridge was also full of someone's nasty leftovers. The beds felt like sleeping on fold out beds. Not comfy. There was a heavy, sticky feel to the room like it had little air flow. Even the carpet felt almost sticky to the touch. You didn't want to walk around barefoot. It had a strong musky stench that had my allergies acting up immediately. I actually became nauseaus. Staff offered to move us to a smaller room with a dehumidifier, but we declined. We needed the space for our family of 5. We went to the pool, and it was full of dead frogs. But, the kids didn't seem to mind a bit. They liked playing with the pool shower. The sign posted at the pool had rules, one of which was not to enter the pool if you were sick with diarrhea. The kids got a kick out of that. When we hung up our wet swim trunks in room to dry, they never did - just terrible air flow in the room. Very stuffy and smelly. Breakfast was just okay, consisting of mostly muffins, apples and oranges, bagels with cream cheese, a few cereal options. There was also hot chocolate and mocha-like coffee dispenser. Some juice. Overall, it was just an okay place to stay. I wouldn't want to stay there again. The kids probably would tell you it was great. They seemed to have fun. If it weren't for the heavy stench in the room, my biggest complaint, I would have rated higher.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I apologize the TV and Microfridge were not working properly. I ssure you that I have spoken to my Housekeeping and Maintenance staff so we may double check these items in all rooms daily. I will look into the musky smell. I know we we experiencing high humidity in the month of June so I am thinking that may have been some of the cause.

We do offer guest laundry services onsite for our guests to wash and dry their clothing. I will speak with the front desk to make sure we are notifying our guest of this great service & amenity. As for the breakfast we will consider what we offer to see if there is any opportunity to improve upon it.

Just to let you know we will be updating some things at the Inn such as flat screen TV's,some bedding & carpets so you will experience these wonderful things during your next visit to our Inn in 2013.

The next time you are in town, Please contact me at 850-995-6100 so I may insure you get one of our renovated rooms.

Been to Red Roof Inns & Suites Pensacola East - Milton? Share your experiences!