“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Milton
Pensacola, Florida
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stopped three different locations on Interstate for a room. Prices were $89 to $129 a night.. I paid $69 a night. Fresh seafood right next door and across the road. A bar on the other side. Ate, drank, relaxed and enjoyed a great weekend in the pool, as usual...some people have expensive taste but shallow pockets. I will stay again, love the staff

Room Tip: My family pet was welcome also
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Ft. Worth, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Needed a convenient location to "park" overnight as we had to leave early am. Outside of property too terrible, a little rundown looking as older properties often are.

Room was dingy, outdated, and not cleaned well, made me feel a little "icky". Upon arrival, found a half filled beer can on the armoire next to the TV, cigarette burn marks on the edge of the "spa tub" (as well as random hairs and stains), sticky carpet. Pool looked okay-ish, but the smell of chorine was so strong it made my eyes water, so we didn't swim.

Had to call the front desk about a TV remote problem and he brought us another one right away. We told him twice about the beer can, and he ignored us both times. That night I saw ROACHES! So, did not sleep well at all, and then had to make a 13 hour drive the next day. I was paranoid they'd get in our luggage and come home with us.

Would not stay there again even if it were free.

Room Tip: use a different motel, or see if there is a newly updated section of rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Im from milton and this motel is the best one in town. The staff is friendly, the rooms are nice they are even remodeling some of them and the location is perfect its centered right in the middle of town and everything is not to far away. I just wanted to write a review because i see all these bad things being said about this motel and its absolutely not true. First of all yes the motel is an old motel but guess what its not owned or run by Indians! Which is a plus! There is security on the property 24 hours a day which is a plus! You cant fault the hotel by who stays at the hotel come on now its not a church and yes people in milton drink as im sure they do everywhere. But as far as the staff and manager they are very friendly and professional people. So if your in the area and you want the best value for your dollar i say please give them a chance and dont believe everything you hear. Also they have a very nice pool to enjoy during these hot summer days and rooms with large Jacuzzi tubs which is what i always get when i stay and they can fit about 5 people in them so yea they are pretty big

• Stayed June 2013
Milton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

me and my family stayed there for 3 days. rooms nice and clean. there new remodeled rooms are very comfortable. i would stay there anytime. the employees are very helpful its a great location. pool is very clean

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

My family and I were on our way to Disney. Decided to book a room for the night by phone and rest up. I understand with short notice with a family of six you can't be particular. So we drive up to the hotel and I am already noticing people hanging around outside the rooms. Mind you there is nothing to see there. The hotel is located in possibly the worst part of town...And the people outside (let's just say there not the doctor and lawyer types.) Upon check in the woman at the front desk gives us TV remotes. Guess they had a little issue with theft from the patrons. I think this is one of those hotels that act as housing for low income families. The rooms are huge!! Everything pretty much works which is a plus. Our sleeper sofa was broke and would not pull out. It also had multiple fluid stains on it. The staff was however accommodating and gave us sheets to cover the sofa with. I slept there because it was closest to the outside door and wanted to be first line defense in case somebody tried to break in. Went over to the Wendy's to get a bite to eat...Food was terrible and there were 5 police officers all in bullet proof vests dining as well. About 3 in the morning a couple was having a heated argument outside our door. Didn't last long but none the less par for the course for this hotel as every patron we saw had a beer in their hand. Big rooms, ac, hot water would be the plus for this hotel in my opinion...Everything else was pretty bad.

• Stayed June 2013
Cocoa, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Dissapointed to stay at this hotel .If you just want low budget then this is what you will get for. The week that I stay there, saw 2 drug bust, one at midnight and woke me up during my sleep. Wi-fi is very slow. Bed is pretty tough and pillows are horrible.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tallahassee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Worst place I have stayed at. Room was dirty. My daughter opens up the fridge and a roach crawls out of it. Carpet is in real need pf replacing. Have duct tape in the middle of the room holding the seams together. My daughter was taking a shower and a ceramic tile fell on her foot. The door handle was so loose that I was afraid to leave anything of value in the room. The a/c unit would make so much noise that sounded like a jet landing. The bathroom door would have to be picked up to be able to close it. The whirlpool was there but went to use it and as soon as I turned it on, another tile fell of the wall.My girlfriend went to talk to the manager and was ignored by the manager. You could see daylight between the door and the door frame. Really thinking about calling the Health Department. Really was that bad that it actually was our worst vacation ever and my kids where very unhappy. Really need to close down until remodeled or bulldozed down. Would return to operate the dozer.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Emerald Sands Inn? Share your experiences!