“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn Tallahassee/Midway

You added Howard Johnson Inn Tallahassee/Midway to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn Tallahassee/Midway
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   81 Commerce Blvd, I-10 and Hwy 90 W, exit 192, Midway, FL 32343 (Formerly Howard Johnson Express Inn - Midway)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Midway
Prairie Farm
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Very nice large room with large desk and table and chairs. This was just an overnight for us and it was more than adequate. The only negative: We always check the mattress in a room and it was covered with crumbs and the bottom sheet was a flat sheet, not fitted which we prefer. Everything else about this property was good.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Glen Saint Mary, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We opted to hit town the night before and enjoy some of Tallahassee while in town. We had a King room with Jacuzzi. Check in was a breeze. The room was much better than expected (from previous reviews). It was very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It was everything the website says. Very convenient location to visit everything in the area. I will stay here again and would recommend them to friends. For a Friday night at a motel, it was very quiet and no rude housekeeping in the a.m. to wake you up. Thumbs up!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Jacuzzi room. It will help melt away all those miles on the road.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
US Navy Afloat
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Most of my reviews are Hotels (not motels), but I can easily reside in a Motel without any concerns (but prefer Hotel). Needed a quick stay to support a early (early) morning appointment up US90 from the Motel.

HOUSEKEEPING: Non existent! Room was filthy (RM 212). Hairs in the shower, in the sink, and the telephone was filthy dirty with long hairs all over it.

BED: The most uncomfortable bed I have slept on in a long while (and I have slept on mattresses onboard Naval ships....those were better). Pillows are small squares and are just as uncomfortable.

BREAKFAST: Bare minimum.

Yes, the $60 price was very resonable - and I did not expect 5-star for $60 bucks....but, for any amount of money paid, you expect the room to be clean and a comfortable bed. I have many many return trips to the US90 area upcoming - and I will definately give the Comfort Inn and BW a try, before even considering returning to this HJ property.

Room Tip: Trucks are on both sides of the property - but the side facing away from the freeway is quieter (of...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
HojoinnMidwayFL, Webmaster at Howard Johnson Inn Tallahassee/Midway, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your valuable feedback. We pride ourselves on our clean, comfortable rooms, and I’m very sorry we were unable to satisfy you. If you had brought any specific issues to the attention of our courteous front desk staff, I’m sure we could have moved you to a different room or offered you another solution. In any case, I sincerely apologize that we fell short of the mark in your case. Your complete satisfaction is always my goal.

Hotel Manager.
Monett, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

My mother-in-law booked two rooms on Priceline Express. My father-in-law called ahead a week in advance to request two NON-SMOKING rooms. My wife and mother-in-law checked us in and we pulled around to our rooms. The rooms we were given were two handicap accessible rooms that were in fact SMOKING rooms. In our room the comforter was so nice it even contained complimentary cigarette burns to go with the lovely fragrance of stale cigarettes. After our noisy neighbors showed up my wife and I finally decided we'd kindly ask for a new room. When we asked the girl that checked us in that we wanted a non-smoking room that was quiet she did some typing then said "since we booked the rooms from Priceline Express she couldn't change us because we requested those types of rooms". My wife said "My dad called ahead to get two NON-Smoking rooms but ended up with two SMOKING, handicap accessible rooms instead and the hotel must have made a mistake'. She said "Well we can't change it because it's thru Priceline". We were confused that they wouldn't accommodate us in pretty much vacant hotel (I'd guess occupancy to be about 5-10% the night of our stay) and we walked back to our disappointing room.

My mother-in-law was also upset about their room and she went up to complain as well. She was giving the same sad excuse which my mother-in-law explained to the girl that with Priceline Express you can NOT book a specific room (i.e. Smoking, Non-smoking, Handicap, ect) and you have to call ahead to the hotel to do such. The horrible desk clerk continued to argue with my mother-in-law at which time my mother-in-law asked to talk to a manager. The desk clerk said Gary the manager wasn't there and wouldn't be in until tomorrow. My mother-in-law said that wouldn't work and asked if there was a manager on call. The desk clerk said that was Gary as well but he wasn't working right now. Which makes no sense since Gary was "on call". Finally the girl did give my mother-in-law a new room but still did nothing for us.

If the room wasn't already paid for I would have asked for a refund and went somewhere else. I don't understand how hard it can be to change a room for someone in an empty hotel that doesn't want loud neighbors and a smelly room. I'm guessing that "SuperDork" experienced the same female employee as we did since she was rude and provided the worst customer service possible to my mother-in-law, my wife, and I. As my wife said "That was probably the worst hotel I've ever stayed in". If I could give less than a one on the rating for service I would because it was that bad.

Room Tip: There is a Comfort Inn next door. Looks real nice and the rude female desk clerk probably doesn'...
Dear Guest,

I’m very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is 100 percent customer satisfaction without exception. If you were dissatisfied with the room, the property or the service, I take full responsibility. Unfortunately, Priceline’s reservation system has limitations, and we always encourage you to book directly with us for the most flexibility and for our expert customer service.

Thanks, Manager.
Tallahassee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I booked the King Size room with a hot tub to surprise by boyfriend for Valentine's Day. The room was in great condition and I was amazed at the amenitites for the price. I booked with Lana who was very polite and very helpful. When I asked if the room had a table and chairs, she went to look for me and actually sent me pictures of the room before hand so I could prepare better. I had no issues with checking in or checking out. Upon checking in I went ahead and requested extra towels as I knew I would need them. A front desk staff member called my room to check on me a little after I checked in and had the extra towels at my door in no time. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I will probably book their again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Tallahassee/Midway? Share your experiences!