“Well worth the drive from Gainesville” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Gainesville, Florida
“Well worth the drive from Gainesville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Well worth the drive from Gainesville and a nice change of pace. This cozy restaurant provides a true taste of Italy with excellent food and friendly service. Bring your own wine with no corking fee. Dinner takes some time but that was just what we experienced in Italy. When food is prepared fresh, it takes a little time. I had the special which was fresh yellow-tail snapper with sauteed veggies. It was amazingly good and thankfully our lovely Italian waiter, Carlo, cleaned it up for me as it comes whole! If you're not comfortable with the occasional bone here and there, pick something else. It was so fresh and tasty, I didn't mind. My husband had the lasagna which was equally delish. They had a very enjoyable guitarist playing and the music wasn't too loud so I could still speak softly with my husband. Carlo, Roberto and Chef Antonio were all very nice. I think they were a bit impressed with our feeble attempt to speak some Italian and as it was the end of the night, they shared our dessert wine which we had brought back from Tuscany. This restaurant is definitely a hidden gem in the little town of McIntosh!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ocala, Florida
“Delightful Italian Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

Roberto's Italian Eatery is a delightful small restaurant on Highway 441 betwen Gainesville and Ocala. They were very warm and welcoming.
The waitress first brought us a complementary small appetizer of beans, corn, and marinated seafood. It was delicious. Our dinners consisted of salads, roasted squash soup, whole vermillion snapper, cheese ravioli in lobster sause, and spaghetti and meatballs. All the dishes were very good, but the snapper was extraordinary. Seafood is their specialty, and the snapper was the fish of the day.
Roberto's is open Wednesday through Sunday, and I suggest calling to make a reservation because of the limited seating.

• Visited January 2012