“If you like roaches, this place is for you.” 2 of 5 stars

Days Inn Miami Airport North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4767 NW 36th St, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Toronto, Canada
“If you like roaches, this place is for you.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

Paid for a room for 2 and was allowed to have 5 stay in the room. Too bad my wife and I were the only human beings in here. Upon arrival we checked the room out thoroughly for cleanliness as we always do when travelling, and went to grab something to eat after a very long day. We were in town for a cruise and obviously, with the price of the room, weren't expecting 5 star accommodations, just a comfortable place to sleep for the night. I don't care about air traffic noise or street noise, just cleanliness. Not alot to ask for, right?? WRONG! As previously mentioned when we returned from dinner I went to use the washroom and was horrified at what I saw on the sink and the wall above the mirror. 3 HUGE COCKROACHES!! I stood there in disbelief because I've never actually run into this problem before. I was completely and thoroughly disgusted. By the time I could get my shoe to smash them the last of the three was making it's way into the crack behind the mirror. I closed the bathroom door and stuffed towels into every crack in that door to hopefully keep them in the bathroom if they decided to crawl out somewhere else. Needless to say we did not sleep worth a #@$! all night. What great start to a vacation, huh? Because of the length of the day and the fact that it was after 1:30am we couldn't really go hunting for another hotel. This disgusting incident was reported to the front desk staff the next day but seemed like they couldn't care less.
I'm all about giving so I'm glad I gave them back the little present that was left for me.
Please whatever you do, DO NOT STAY HERE. Spend a little extra and find another hotel, trust me you'll be glad you did. It's going to take a long time to get those images out of my head

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

Ask for a room near the pool.Call for pickup as soon as you arrive at luggage area,as it takes about 20-30 minutes.

Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

After a plane ride, and a walk to grab something to eat in the Humid Miami Heat, all we wanted to do was take a shower and get relaxed. To our surprise there are no washclothes. We go to front desk, and they tell us they don't have anymore, and we could improvise or wait until housekeeping shows in the morning. Mind you reservation was made 3 months ago, rooms should've been prepped for the 3 people I had on reservation, and the fact that we where checking out first thing in the morning disappointed me. The second disappointment was when I realized they had charged my card after I had paid Cash at check-in. I stayed here before and felt confident to stay again, but next time I will stay somewhere else.

North Augusta, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

Stayed 9/5/10 for a cruise that left on 9/6/10. Found the hotel online and booked for a decent rate $60+tax and fees($71). Hotel was very basic with fixtures in need of replacement. Not a very secure feeling, and to top it off when I arrived and was given my vouchers for the shuttle I asked how to contact the shuttle for a return to my vehicle and was told the shuttle was only one way and that I would have to make arrangement for return transport. We ended up taking a cab for $32 including tip and tolls. This surprise totally would have changed my decision. What was a deal no longer was!!!!

brazil
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

I had stayed in a Day's Inn close to Miami Intern. Airport last year and this year tried to make the same reservation. I confused, however, the Miami International Day's Inn with this one, the Day's Inn "North", and the difference could not be greater. The former was clean, pretty quiet (for an airport hotel), nice large rooms, etc. This place however has all the feel of a love hotel, and all the dirt too. The bed had a promontory in the center which kept me awake and is right on a very busy noisy thoroughfare. Day's Inn better sell this property fast, for it's going to reflect badly on their reputation world-wide.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Inglewood, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Very good if you know Miami. Close to malls and the airport with free shuttle, parking and internet (lobby area). They also have a pool. It is a bit far from the beach so if not willing to drive up and down to get there this is not the place. It was the end of my trip and all I wanted was some shopping and being close to MIA airport because my flight was early in the morning. Good option for the price.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Castries, St. Lucia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

Not a good choice if you have alot of luggage or heavy luggage. There are no room on the ground floor and there is no elevator.

Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!