“Overnight stay only!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Overnight stay only!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2007

My husband and I stayed here on Thursday, April 26th. I booked the reservation on-line (through daysinn.com).

We were going on a cruise on Friday. So I booked this inn because of airport and port shuttle service (free). I also picked it because of places to eat near by.

We arrived at the airport at Midnight. The shuttle picked us up right away. The inn is located in an industrial like area. We proceeded to check-in. There were several of us and only one employee. The employee didn't know the times the shuttle to the port operated. She said changes were being made and perhaps there would be one time or NONE! Needless to stay I was upset. She said to call the front desk in the morning. We proceeded to our room. There was so much trash everywhere. In the grass, on the grounds, and on the buildings! Also there were so many non-guests (friends of employees). Oh yeah, in the lobby there was a drunk man. He kept trying to get my attention, but I don't speak Spanish.

Upon arrival in the room you noticed right away the soiled carpet. I just want a clean safe room. We're not picky at all! The room needs some remodeling, updating, and repairs! If you're going to have a white bathroom, please clean it! There were tons of ants in the room by the windows. Later we saw them on one of the beds and in the bathroom. We would've preferred an interior room, but we changed the inn was full.

We needed something to eat! No delivery service after 11:00pm. So we went to the lounge/bar attached to the inn. Great customer service by the bartender. She directed us to the IHOP a few blocks down. She said we would be safe. The streets were deserted. We encounter a lot a policemen hanging out at the closed McDonalds.

Great customer service by the waitress! Food was good. We planned to eat there, but I felt so uneasy about the non guest hanging room the pool when we left. So back to the inn. Our room was okay.

I called the front desk at 8:00a.m. The shuttle would leave at 10a.m. We were instructed to be in the lobby by 9:50am. There was another couple and off we were!

Stay if you need a hotel for one night. My husband believes the rate (97.50) was too much. Well we got free transportation.

By the way, the trash was still there in the morning. We returned from IHOP, we noticed they have security in the parking lot.

• Liked — The free shuttle service
  • Disliked — the cleanliness
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Germantown, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2007

The hotel was not terrible, just a budget hotel. It was a bit run down, as some of these budget hotels tend to be when they're located in an urban area. The room didn't have any towels, but we found that the housekeeping staff, although more fluent in Spanish than English, worked hard to please us.

It looked as though the motel is struggling to make money any way they can. It seems as though the front office had been converted into a small snack bar. (None of the coke machines around the motel were stocked at all, so you were forced to buy overpriced coke from the snack bar.) In the small lobby they have placed a small desk for a rental car agency. It looked kind of weird. No shoe shine stand or newspaper vendor? The add-on front desk conceals a squawking radio with which they converse with the shuttle driver.

The front desk help isn't very friendly or helpful, unlike the maids.

There are a few restaurants down the street that you can walk to, like McDonalds, as well as fancier fare.

They have a free shuttle service that will take you to the airport or cruiseport. (The airport runway seems to be almost across the street, but the noise is not a bother.) THE SHUTTLE DOES NOT PICK YOU UP FROM THESE LOCATIONS.

In a normal hotel, you would sign up to take the shuttle at a certain time. Not at this motel. There is no signup sheet. They tell you that the shuttle leaves every hour on the hour, and that you should show up in the lobby ten minutes early. This sounds good. But we saw dozens of people show up at the same exact time to go to the cruiseport. As a result, some had to wait an hour to get on the free shuttle, and ended up arriving at the cruiseport later than they wanted.

While van drivers come and go, I thought our driver was quite gruff. He was probably overworked because of the motel's failure to schedule the trips.

• Liked — cheaper, free transportation to airport
  • Disliked — front desk help
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2007

The grounds of this hotel is beautiful. I just loved it. It is pretty closed to Macdonalds which we only discovered the following morning when we were leaving. The hotel is okay for one night has the rooms are very basic, and I noticed a lot of ants around my front door when I was leaving. Lucky I didn’t see them when I checked in the night before otherwise I would have wanted to leave.

If I was stuck on somewhere to stay, I may chose this place again.

• Liked — The hotel grounds!
  • Disliked — The bedroom. Didn't feel very clean!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hamilton, Bermuda
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2007

I read the reports on this hotel and tried it anyway. This property is located on the north side of the airport which is a good thing: the runways run east to west. This means the noise is quite a distance from the hotel and I seldom heard the jet engines.

The check in was smooth and after an overnight stay I returned for three more days. The air conditioner was great and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The location was near to McDonalds and IHOP (walking distance) and a few miles from the major malls and shopping districts. It would take about 10 minutes to get to downtown Miami where I caught a Heat Game.

The room had a remote TV, was quite large and the bathroom has plenty of hot water and cosmetic items.

I usually stay at the Red Roof Inn and have to say that this Days Inn is equal in all aspects.

• Liked — Location near airport and price.
  • Disliked — Front desk was slow to answer the telephone.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2007

Went here on a whim when we got stuck at the Miami airport for a night inbetween flights. The front desk staff was inattentive. They were not mean, but they didn't go out of their way to be welcoming or polite. We tried to call the front desk several times to schedule a wake-up call and no one answered the phone. The room smelled strongely of cleaning products and was worn but not dirty. Bed was comfortable. Internet access and airport shuttle were reliable.

• Liked — it was a place to sleep
  • Disliked — it smelled of cleaning products and front desk staff was inattentive
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2006

We stayed at this Days Inn before a cruise, because of the free shuttle to the Port and from the Airport. Shuttle service was quick and easy...rooms were basic and clean...front desk was very helpful with our question, We enjoyed it and unfortunately we could not take advantage of the beautiful pool, next time...great deal for a stopover.

• Stayed June 2006
chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2006

Horrid hotel. Didn't have towels for each of us. Bad smells and burns in the formica sink. American Airlines Car/ hotel put us in this awful place claiming it was well rated. We were promised 2 queen beds by the written AA reservation but the hotel only had much smaller and not very clean beds. Avoid hotel and American Airlines Carhotel packages!

• Stayed March 2006

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!