“Tolerable for a quick stopover before a cruise” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn Miami Airport North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4767 NW 36th St, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Boston
“Tolerable for a quick stopover before a cruise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

We booked this place for a quick stopover before a cruise. We sure appreciated the cruiseship! This place is ok. Not all the staff spoke English, but were very kind and helpful. However, there are no elevators, which means climbing up stairs with your luggage.
There is a cafe for meals, and free shuttle service between the airport and again to the Port Of Miami. However you must sign up for it when you check in.
All in all an ok place to visit but I wouldn't want to live here.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

I booked this hotel as a basic place to stay before our between our flight and our cruise, and was drawn in by the free airport and cruise shuttle - it seemed like a good value. The website portrayed it as a basic, but clean hotel. Let me warn you, the website for this hotel is a COMPLETE MISREPRESENTATION!!! From the minute we walked into the front lobby, I was cringing. The front lobby was shabby, smelly and just altogether sketchy. When we got up to our room, it got worse. Despite asking for a non-smoking room, our room reeked of smoke and god knows what else. The room was very, very dirty (there was still garbage on the dresser from the previous guests, the bathroom floor had hair on it...utterly disgusting), the bed was terribly uncomfortable, and it was just a horrible experience. One other note - DO NOT go to the bar attached to the hotel even through they offer free drinks with some packages. It was the sketchyist hole in the wall I have ever stepped foot in and my boyfriend and I were actually nervous to be in there. The ONLY redeeming thing about the whole experience was the breakfast at the cafe next door. We had breakfast burritos and they were surprisingly good.

Baltimore, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

I had read multiple negative reviews about this hotel here before I booked but due their great shuttle service (from airport and to cruiseport) , I decided to book anyway. I didn't encounter any problems from check-in to check-out and the shuttle delivered us as promised. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. It's not South Beach but why would you book at the aiport if that's what you're looking for?

Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

We stayed here the night before our cruise for the airport and cruise shuttle. It was a very basic room. The age of the hotel is definitely showing and it was nothing spectacular but for one night, I didn't mind it. There was nothing terrible about it, but nothing amazing either. We skipped breakfast but they let us use our breakfast coupon at lunch time so we got pizza's instead. That was nice.

Might stay here again... depends on the price.

PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

Stay away from the dump,please. I booked 5 rooms for self and friends before a cruise Our rooms were in the very the very back building in a sketchy area of town..They charge everyone for the in room safe. My safe was not in working order. I called friends in other rooms ,they could not access their safes because rooms with 2 beds block the closet where the safe is. So, I foolishly placed my passport into my jewelry portfolio and stashed into luggage.We went to church and ate at I hop then went to sleep in our not so clean and very outdated rooms. We were getting ready to depart for the seaport when I realized I had been robbed ! When I called the front desk they said they would send housekeeping. The people can even clean let alone help me. I called 911. Police came and noted that door doesn't closed tight unless slammed hard. I have no jewelry and no passport 30 minutes before our transport was to pick us up. Carnival line was pretty helpful but I couldn't sail until copies of passport and birth certificate were faxed to ship.Please Please, please don't let this happen to you ! Stay away from this Days Inn. (also keep copies of your important documents )

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

we have stayed here twice now and have not been disappointed. very convenient from the airport and to the port. we were in our room less than 45 minutes after we arrived in miami. we will stay again too!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

3 out of 3 rooms we paid over $100 for, were inhabitable to humans. The dirt and stench was immense and extremely unsanitary. Even if you were a lucky one to get a clean shower stall, the bath towels were so full of this black filth that you couldn't dry off if you had to. The bed linens were so disgusting that we slept in our clothes, including socks and shoes and hoodies. My parents had to switch their room because it smelled of urine and there were blood stains on the wall paper dripping down to the baseboards. This place should be condemned. Days Inn should be embarrassed that someone is using their good name and running an operation this poorly. We ended up having to take 3 cabs to get to the Port just to get out of there. If I didn't pay in advance, I would have went to another location and requested a refund. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!