“This is not a nice place - it should be closed down and demolished.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Miami Airport North

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
New Hampshire
“This is not a nice place - it should be closed down and demolished.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

My husband and I arrived here for a 1 night stay before leaving on our cruise. It seemed it would be convienent as they offered shuttle service from the airport and to the cruise ships. We called from the airport for pickup service which arrived about 20 minutes later and the driver put our bags in the back of the shuttle bus. We were the last on so we ended up in the back. We were let out in the parking lot at the back of the motel. It had rained recently and I was a little upset that the driver put my nice duffle bag on the ground, in a puddle.
Reception went fairly smoothly and we were given our room key. Having 2 large suitcases and 2 carryons, we found it very inconvienent to be put in a room way down the other end that was only accessible by walking thru the back parking lot and along the length of the motel. I would think it would make sense for an airport "hotel" to have inside rooms closer together, with more floors. I assumed this was how this would be as they advertise it as a hotel, but it is actually a motel.
We entered our very small, dingy, dirty and outdated room. It was dark and everything in it needed replacing. There was a closet with a safe which we attempted to use for our valuables when we went for a walk, but it was broken. We walked down the street form the motel which is in a not so desirable neighborhood. We went back to our room, realized we needed a bottle opener so my husband went to inquire at the lounge but the server there had no interest in helping. This lounge was also very dark and disgusting looking. So my husband ended up walking across the street to the convienence store for his purchase. Later on we ate at Subway and tried to stretch out our stay there as we had no desire to spend any more time than necessary in our dumpy room.
I was reluctant to sleep in the bed but did make it through the night. The door to the outside had light showing in around it so I can assume it wasn't too secure. Maybe that's why the place is all fenced in? I kept as much on me as I could for cover. The blanket and bedspread had disgusting stains so we just threw them on the floor. By the time we left, my white socks were black on the bottem - I ended up throwing them out as I didn't want them back in my luggage.
We had coffee and bagels in the X-presso cafe which was the only decent part of our stay here. When we checked out, there was a $2.00 additional charge added for the safe. I told her the safe didn't even work, but she said there was nothing she could do about it, it is an automatic charge. Gimme a break!
So we then waited for the shuttle to the cruise ship port which we were told would arrive between 10-11:00. It showed up at 11:30. It took awhile to get onto that as well once it did show up, but then the rest of the trip to the port went fine.
I know the price here was cheap, but was still not worth any amount. It would be better to pay more and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Durham, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

You do get what you pay for, I suppose. We stayed here for one night because they offered free shuttles between the airport, the hotel and the port. The room was disgusting and smelled terrible. We chose not to remove our socks while staying there. We had a trail of ants running along the floor by the door. The check in process was ridiculously slow (it took the front desk clerk 58 minutes to check in 3 rooms) and inaccurate (they tried to charge us $26 more than our confirmed reservation). It was really an armpit of a hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

I travel for a living and have stayed in some questionable motel rooms. This one took the cake. The absolute worst! Dirty, smelly and the worst bed in history. It literally sank when I sat on it. This is a true dive and should be avoided. The price is cheap, $69 and it's close to the airport. That is what brings unknowing people like myself in. Once there, you are in a bad part of town in a horrible room. The place should be renamed, 'The Hole Your Inn.' Just terrible!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
COLORADO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2009

The hotel is right on a busy street with cars passing all night that you can hear if you're by the road. If you stay here, request a room away from the street. There were hairs on the folded towels including one that was short...ugh. The room was smelly.

You get what you pay for.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
jenky72
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2009

i would not wish anyone harm from this review, but this place just really sucked - noisy, smelly, dingy, etc
The best thing was leaving

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

I thought I had made a real mistake when I had pre-paid my room before I had checked out the reviews at TripAdvisor. As I read through one horror story after another, I expected the worst. At the end of the day, it wasn't really that bad for one night. I needed a place to stay for one night, before I continued to South America. This place is close to the airport and comparatively inexpensive. Hence, I didn't expect a lot of "extras". I picked up the shuttle fairly shortly after my arrival, and the room was OK. Everything I could ask for. When I needed a taxi, the staff called one for me very quickly. This hotel appears to be a place where a lot of cruise passengers spend one night before or after their cruise. For them, the lack of elevators could be a problem. Not for me.

I thought this was a good place to spend one night. If I would spend more than one night, I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

We booked this hotel for one night since it was close to the airport and we had an early morning flight. I was not expecting anything more than basic, but this was ridiculous! They assured us that their shuttle would pick us up from the rental car facility. Didn't happen! The room was old, dirty, stained & torn sheets, hair on bathroom floor and in bathtub, linens like sandpaper, towels even worse! The location is in a sketchy neighborhood and right under the flight path. If you don't bring your laptop and want to use their internet, it is $2 per minute!! Plan on bringing your own alarm clock because the wake up call we ordered never happened. Oh, and checkout in the early morning took forever...and we were the only ones checking out at that time! I would NEVER stay here again and would NEVER recommend it to anyone! Especially at $90 a night!!!! We've stayed in better places for half that price!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!