“you get what you pay for-smelly noisy and unclean hotel.” 2 of 5 stars

Days Inn Miami Airport North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4767 NW 36th St, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Ranked #11 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
COLORADO
“you get what you pay for-smelly noisy and unclean hotel.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2009

The hotel is right on a busy street with cars passing all night that you can hear if you're by the road. If you stay here, request a room away from the street. There were hairs on the folded towels including one that was short...ugh. The room was smelly.

You get what you pay for.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo

895 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
jenky72
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2009

i would not wish anyone harm from this review, but this place just really sucked - noisy, smelly, dingy, etc
The best thing was leaving

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

I thought I had made a real mistake when I had pre-paid my room before I had checked out the reviews at TripAdvisor. As I read through one horror story after another, I expected the worst. At the end of the day, it wasn't really that bad for one night. I needed a place to stay for one night, before I continued to South America. This place is close to the airport and comparatively inexpensive. Hence, I didn't expect a lot of "extras". I picked up the shuttle fairly shortly after my arrival, and the room was OK. Everything I could ask for. When I needed a taxi, the staff called one for me very quickly. This hotel appears to be a place where a lot of cruise passengers spend one night before or after their cruise. For them, the lack of elevators could be a problem. Not for me.

I thought this was a good place to spend one night. If I would spend more than one night, I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

We booked this hotel for one night since it was close to the airport and we had an early morning flight. I was not expecting anything more than basic, but this was ridiculous! They assured us that their shuttle would pick us up from the rental car facility. Didn't happen! The room was old, dirty, stained & torn sheets, hair on bathroom floor and in bathtub, linens like sandpaper, towels even worse! The location is in a sketchy neighborhood and right under the flight path. If you don't bring your laptop and want to use their internet, it is $2 per minute!! Plan on bringing your own alarm clock because the wake up call we ordered never happened. Oh, and checkout in the early morning took forever...and we were the only ones checking out at that time! I would NEVER stay here again and would NEVER recommend it to anyone! Especially at $90 a night!!!! We've stayed in better places for half that price!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2009

Unbelievable! So, I ALWAYS go tripadvisor.com and check out the hotel reviews before I book, however, this time I didnt because we found this place and it offered free shuttle service to and from the hotel and also to the port of Miami to the cruise ship. So I booked and THEN I checked the reviews on here. 74% had nothing good to say..so I called the hotel to cancel the reservation and the man, Godwin, became very hyper and rude. I told him that's exactly why I wanted to cancel the reservation because I read so many bad reviews about the rudeness and the facilities. He then calmed down and asked us to give them a try and he would upgrade us to the managers special room because it was our anniversary and he wanted to make our stay as comfortable as possible. He did offer us a refund if we were not satisfied.
The van arriving to pick us up at the airport was on time...very NICE driver, helpful. When we walked into the hotel (dump, rather), it looked very clean and nice. BUT then when we got to the room...pitiful! It smelled musty and filthy. The pillows had hairs on them and lint. The ceiling was cracked and flaking off onto the floor, the bathroom was HIDEOUS! The toilet had, and I wont say exactly what it was, but the toilet had a very unpleasant something on the seat and there was a puddle of water on the floor with hairs floating in it.
There was also some, uh, other hairs on the toilet paper and the holder, no face towels, more hairs on the toilet lid, the bathtub had what appeared to be rust in it, the bed was wobbly, the door would not shut all the way. There were stains on the walls and one stain, Im hoping was mud, looked to be like something else that belonged in the toilet.
This place is a dump! We left after I took some photos, got a refund and went to the CROWNE PLAZA. Awesome place. I ll leave a review for there too. But in the meantime, stay away from this place. ALSO, the same people own the RUNWAY AIRPORT motel. I would stay away from there too. Photos will come after we return home from our vacation.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

It all started wrong. It took them 45 minutes to pick us up in the airport. It also took 3 phone calls. We got a short ride from American airlines to the hotel. My mother who is 71 years old was opening the door and I do not know what the driver was thinking he opened the other door and almost sent my mother tumbling down the van. Instead of a sorry, he rambled in spanish. I have nothing against immigrants because I am one of them.
We went to check in and I told the receptionist that it took 45 minutes to get picked up from the airport. He started pointing fingers at my face. Luckily, I was too tired to be nasty and calmly told him not to point his fingers at me (Mr. Chowdury). We went in to our room. Supposedly , nonsmoking but reaked of cigarette smoke, dirty and noisy from the street. Nothing good to say except that the following morning got us a cab to go to the car rental company to picked our car. BAD...NASTY...Never again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

When I arrived at the airport the Days Inn shuttle took about 45 minutes to arrive. This was a pain as I arrived late and just wanted to get to the hotel. It was annoying having to watch the Holiday Inn shuttle go by 4 – 5 times while I waited.

The hotel itself was very basic – think a motel from the 1980’s. The front desk staff weren't overly friendly and the room was dark and smelled of smoke, even though it was suppose to be non-smoking. There was a bar/club/restaurant on site. The dinner at the hotel restaurant wasn't the best, but it was good enough - large portions and well priced. The breakfast was not as good - I found the whole area unclean; for instance there was a dead fly in the jug of juice.

Shuttle service to the terminal was prompt and friendly. Overall, if you want to stay 1 night at a hotel and don't mind roughing it for a night, it's good enough. There weren’t any cockroaches crawling around, but at the same time it wasn’t comfortable enough to lounge around in.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!