“STAY AWAY!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
Brooklyn, New York
“STAY AWAY!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2009

Unbelievable! So, I ALWAYS go tripadvisor.com and check out the hotel reviews before I book, however, this time I didnt because we found this place and it offered free shuttle service to and from the hotel and also to the port of Miami to the cruise ship. So I booked and THEN I checked the reviews on here. 74% had nothing good to say..so I called the hotel to cancel the reservation and the man, Godwin, became very hyper and rude. I told him that's exactly why I wanted to cancel the reservation because I read so many bad reviews about the rudeness and the facilities. He then calmed down and asked us to give them a try and he would upgrade us to the managers special room because it was our anniversary and he wanted to make our stay as comfortable as possible. He did offer us a refund if we were not satisfied.
The van arriving to pick us up at the airport was on time...very NICE driver, helpful. When we walked into the hotel (dump, rather), it looked very clean and nice. BUT then when we got to the room...pitiful! It smelled musty and filthy. The pillows had hairs on them and lint. The ceiling was cracked and flaking off onto the floor, the bathroom was HIDEOUS! The toilet had, and I wont say exactly what it was, but the toilet had a very unpleasant something on the seat and there was a puddle of water on the floor with hairs floating in it.
There was also some, uh, other hairs on the toilet paper and the holder, no face towels, more hairs on the toilet lid, the bathtub had what appeared to be rust in it, the bed was wobbly, the door would not shut all the way. There were stains on the walls and one stain, Im hoping was mud, looked to be like something else that belonged in the toilet.
This place is a dump! We left after I took some photos, got a refund and went to the CROWNE PLAZA. Awesome place. I ll leave a review for there too. But in the meantime, stay away from this place. ALSO, the same people own the RUNWAY AIRPORT motel. I would stay away from there too. Photos will come after we return home from our vacation.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

835 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

It all started wrong. It took them 45 minutes to pick us up in the airport. It also took 3 phone calls. We got a short ride from American airlines to the hotel. My mother who is 71 years old was opening the door and I do not know what the driver was thinking he opened the other door and almost sent my mother tumbling down the van. Instead of a sorry, he rambled in spanish. I have nothing against immigrants because I am one of them.
We went to check in and I told the receptionist that it took 45 minutes to get picked up from the airport. He started pointing fingers at my face. Luckily, I was too tired to be nasty and calmly told him not to point his fingers at me (Mr. Chowdury). We went in to our room. Supposedly , nonsmoking but reaked of cigarette smoke, dirty and noisy from the street. Nothing good to say except that the following morning got us a cab to go to the car rental company to picked our car. BAD...NASTY...Never again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

When I arrived at the airport the Days Inn shuttle took about 45 minutes to arrive. This was a pain as I arrived late and just wanted to get to the hotel. It was annoying having to watch the Holiday Inn shuttle go by 4 – 5 times while I waited.

The hotel itself was very basic – think a motel from the 1980’s. The front desk staff weren't overly friendly and the room was dark and smelled of smoke, even though it was suppose to be non-smoking. There was a bar/club/restaurant on site. The dinner at the hotel restaurant wasn't the best, but it was good enough - large portions and well priced. The breakfast was not as good - I found the whole area unclean; for instance there was a dead fly in the jug of juice.

Shuttle service to the terminal was prompt and friendly. Overall, if you want to stay 1 night at a hotel and don't mind roughing it for a night, it's good enough. There weren’t any cockroaches crawling around, but at the same time it wasn’t comfortable enough to lounge around in.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Wales
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

Don't get me wrong, I didn't have an awful time at the hotel, but if you're one of those people who don't leave their hotel, this isn't the place for you.
The wallpaper is peeling off the walls, but the location is great, and parking isn't too bad.
Note I said "ear plugs" in the title - not for noise, but for the pool. I got a terrible ear infection from the dirty water!
However, the staff weren't rude, unlike many other miami hotels.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Guthrie, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

Nothing negative to say. Great value for price. Purpose was to have a bed to sleep in during overnight layover at airport. Getting there takes way longer than returning to airport because of hwy system.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Western USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

We stayed at the Days in North for an overnight layover in Miami on May 20, 2009. This is the type of motel you rent for the hour not the night. It was disgusting. The lobby seems decent and after you pay you're stuck. The bathroom was uncleaned and there were hairs still on the folded towels. The floor had not been vacuumed either in the room or the hall ways. The furniture was about what you'd find for free beside the road. Actually it probably came from there. There was some brownish colored liquid leaking down the shower wall and pooling in the tub. I didn't dare take a shower in there. Moreover the only restaurants withing walking distance are a McDonalds and a Subway. Trust me, you wouldn't be safe walking much further.

I was shocked that this place is still a day's Inn franchised motel. Never ever again will I use a Days Inn. Plus it was $70/night. It was not the cheapest motel around. Stay somewhere else!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
limoges
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2009

we stayed there for one long night after a cruise and wished that we had done our homework.Lobby average,staff friendly and helpful but the accommodation was very downmarket and tired. The whole hotel needs a major revamp and until that is done look elsewhere for even one night....there are plenty out there much much better!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!