“Days Inn Miami Airport - Terrific” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was disappointed in my stay on the return portion of my trip back from the ship as this room was inside the property itself while men were actually working. It was loud and they were drilling which made it difficult to sleep. I was unable to connect to the internet and there was some kind of moquito or some kind of flying insects that was not in my room when I was there on my way out to sea 4 days earlier. I called the front desk and was put on hold repeatedly. I was told that someone was coming to see about spraying for the "creatures" as well as to there being a glitch in the "internet" however the gentleman continued to fabricate the same tale over and over so I decided that it was just that........a tall tale. The noise finally ended at 5pm however fatigue won the battle for sleep. Unfortunately the bugs and the glitch remained.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Daniela A, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Mary S,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor in regards to your recent stay with us at the Days Inn Miami North.
On behalf of my entire team I would like to apologize for the lack of attention that you received as our guest. I have contacted our Front Desk Manager to let him know the importance of following through with what we say we are going to do, so that we don’t encounter this issue in the future.
We are in the middle of renovating our hotel, which explains the workers being there. Nevertheless I know how uncomfortable it is to want to relax, and not being able to do so due to noise.
I hope that you will consider giving us another try in the future once we have completed the renovations. We are working on the rooms; getting new furniture and mattresses, changing the floors, adding more items to our Café located in the Lobby, which is amazing, and also making the pool area much nicer than what it already is.
Thank you again for giving us your feedback.
Reno
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I had problems getting here with my GPS I put in Days Inn airport and it gave me a location. After going there and having no reservation, It was explained to I was at the wrong Days Inn. I needed to go the one on the other side of the airport. So I arrive and the motel is on the side of the street, with no drive in, so I have to park on a side street to get checked in. I have a smoking queen bedroom reserved and there are a lot of people around the front desk speaking spanish. Finally the desk clerk checks me in and says I hope you don't mind loud noise since my roon is right over the lounge. Noise does not bother me. I am hearing impaired and once I take out my aid I am nearly deaf so this was not a problem of course it is upstairs and no elevator. So I return to my car to park in the parking lot and there is nothing available, finally I park in another motels lot? and hope not to be towed. I decide instead of pack my suitcase up the stairs and the 1/8 mile I must hike to get back to the motel I just take a change of clothes and toiletries. I get to the room and it is comfortable well stocked and noisy as promised. This is no ashtray so I decide to go to the lounge and on the way back get some ice and an ashtray. After the lounge, I go to the front desk for and ashtray and hopefully some ice since I had noticed earlier, many people scurrying around with empty ice containers. I was told we have no ashtrays and offered a paper cup! However I did get ice. On check out again a bunch of people, one clerk on the phone and finally I get my bill and there is the ‘safe fee’ that you must have them take off, since automatically added.
I can not recommend this motel, firstly the lack of a driveway, lack of parking, no ashtrays, no elevator, loud music in a room ( in a normal motel you make noise after 10 PM you are asked to leave) and the lack of hotel staff ability to get problems solved quickly and effectively.

Room Tip: Do not get Room 249 or any around it, This is right over the til 2 AM Lounge
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Dear Raymond L,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your most recent stay with us at the Days Inn Miami North. I am sorry to hear you had a less than comfortable experience while being our guest. We are aware of the lack of parking spaces in our hotel, and we are taking the necessary measures to expand our parking lot.
We do have a Lounge next to the Lobby which is very popular especially during the weekend. The rooms affected by the noise are the ones directly on top of it, the rest of the rooms are not bothered by the noise.
I will definitely bring your comments to the staff so that they are aware of the issues we need to work on.
Thank you again for your review, I appreciate knowing what our guests’ experiences are so that I can take measures in the areas that need attention.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The rooms were horrible, the towels were dirty (wait, there were no towels until we ask for one), counters, door handles, doors, plugs, ...were all defective.

The staff were barely looking at your face while they were talking to you.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Daniela A, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Olcay S,
On behalf of my entire team I want to apologize for the experience you had while staying with us at the Days Inn Miami north. We hold ourselves to a much higher standard than the one you experienced, and I am sorry we failed to meet your wants and needs.
I have taken the necessary measures with the help of our Housekeeping department, and maintenance Manager to have these issues looked at, and we are taking action in these matters so that we don’t encounter these problems in the future.
We hope you give us another chance in the future so that we can provide you with the quality of stay that we pride ourselves to give.
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback in regards to your stay.
Richmond Hill, Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked my reservation with Amoma. When, I arrived to the Miami Airport North, the receptionist said that my booking by Amoma through their supplier, Olympia Viaggi exclude any prepayment. As a result I had to pay the hotel $136.76 US in addition to the amount of $211.13 Canadian that I paid to Amoma. When I returned to Canada, I contacted Amoma and they have email several time that the Miami hotel will refund the amount that I have paid to the hotel. To this date I have not received the refund stated. I'm still trying to get a refund , since no one should paid twice for a hotel reservation. Amoma does not reply to emails any more, and I have tried to contact the manager at Days Inn 3 times by phone without any success. It seems to me that the employees at the Miami Airport Hotel did not care and did not assist me in any matter to resolve my problem of paying twice.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com

Dear Yue Leong Jack L,
Please e-mail me at director.customerservices@gmail.com in order to take care of this situation. I am also sending you my phone number via private message if you wish to call me instead.
Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention via TripAdvisor!
Sincerely yours,
Marsalforn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The old saying applies: 'you get what you pay for' if you're not expecting much you won't be dissappointed

CLEAN COMFORTABLE QUIET ROOM. 2 blocks walking distance from 24 Subway made it easy to get food after late arrival (8 PM) and before my flight at 6 AM.....BUT remote control for TV didn't work and hairdryer burnt out in 5 seconds after turning it on....

Close TO AIRPORT...shuttle pickup was within 10 minutes of exiting terminal.....BUT be warned: call them. I didn't have a cell phone so basically just got lucky waiting on the curb. Also, their shuttle goes to a few different hotels so PAY ATTENTION.

No ELEVATORS! Make sure to ask for a ground floor room. I had to help 2 elderly coupleS with their luggage.

FRIENDLY STAFF....BUT they failed to leave their position behind the desk to help people carry bags up the stairs...didn't see any bell hops around either.

WiFi connection was POOR.

Room Tip: As stated above: NO ELEVATORS...so request ground floor if you have substantial amounts of luggage.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Dear Gary D,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor in regards to your stay with us at the Days Inn Miami North. As the Director of Customer Services I like to know about the experience our guests have while staying at our hotel. It allows me to see which areas need attention, and which areas we are doing well in.
I have communicated your comments to Management in order to improve areas such as maintenance, to make sure that all of the amenities in our rooms are working properly, and our Front Desk manager so that our staff can be more proactive instead of just sitting behind the desk all the time.
Again, your comments are appreciated, and measures will be taken in order to improve the experience of our guests.
Sincerely yours,
Director of Customer Services

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!