“Very disappointed with the quality” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very disappointed with the quality”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The rooms were horrible, the towels were dirty (wait, there were no towels until we ask for one), counters, door handles, doors, plugs, ...were all defective.

The staff were barely looking at your face while they were talking to you.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Richmond Hill, Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I booked my reservation with Amoma. When, I arrived to the Miami Airport North, the receptionist said that my booking by Amoma through their supplier, Olympia Viaggi exclude any prepayment. As a result I had to pay the hotel $136.76 US in addition to the amount of $211.13 Canadian that I paid to Amoma. When I returned to Canada, I contacted Amoma and they have email several time that the Miami hotel will refund the amount that I have paid to the hotel. To this date I have not received the refund stated. I'm still trying to get a refund , since no one should paid twice for a hotel reservation. Amoma does not reply to emails any more, and I have tried to contact the manager at Days Inn 3 times by phone without any success. It seems to me that the employees at the Miami Airport Hotel did not care and did not assist me in any matter to resolve my problem of paying twice.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com

Marsalforn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The old saying applies: 'you get what you pay for' if you're not expecting much you won't be dissappointed

CLEAN COMFORTABLE QUIET ROOM. 2 blocks walking distance from 24 Subway made it easy to get food after late arrival (8 PM) and before my flight at 6 AM.....BUT remote control for TV didn't work and hairdryer burnt out in 5 seconds after turning it on....

Close TO AIRPORT...shuttle pickup was within 10 minutes of exiting terminal.....BUT be warned: call them. I didn't have a cell phone so basically just got lucky waiting on the curb. Also, their shuttle goes to a few different hotels so PAY ATTENTION.

No ELEVATORS! Make sure to ask for a ground floor room. I had to help 2 elderly coupleS with their luggage.

FRIENDLY STAFF....BUT they failed to leave their position behind the desk to help people carry bags up the stairs...didn't see any bell hops around either.

WiFi connection was POOR.

Room Tip: As stated above: NO ELEVATORS...so request ground floor if you have substantial amounts of luggage.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Grand cayman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here a few times wasn't a bad choice, Internet access was a bit discouraging while in your room, by still works if you know how to change the names

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Daniela A, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear karomaw,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback through TripAdvisor in regards to your recent stay with us at the Days Inn Miami North. I am glad to hear that you have stayed with us in more than one occasion, and that you have had good experiences. We take great pride in our Customer Services, the quality of our facilities, and our low prices. We appreciate what our guests have to say because it helps us improve in the areas that need attention. I have contacted Management in order to take the steps to improve the access, and quality of our WiFi.
Again thank you for your feedback, and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Miami.
Kind Regards,
Daniela Abbo
Grand Rapids
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is awful. We had a party of 5 traveling to Miami and needed a hotel with transportation to the port of Miami for a cruise. We arrived at the airport at 11pm on Tuesday night. I called to tell the hotel we needed the airport shuttle to the hotel. The guy said it would be 10-15 minutes. At 25 minutes of waiting I called to see why no one had picked us up yet. The guy said someone should've already been there, 10 minutes later the shuttle finally showed up with only 2 available seats. We had to wait another 20 minutes at the airport for the shuttle so we could all travel to the hotel together, mind you- the hotel is maybe 5 minutes away from the airport, the wait should not have been that long. When I booked our stay, I told the receptionist we needed rooms next to the elevator because we had 2 disabled people who could not walk up the stairs or walk long distances. It says on my reservation in the notes section that we needed a room close to the elevator. There is not even an elevator at this hotel! The rooms they gave us were the furthest rooms away from the lobby! The next morning we ordered room service. On the menu it clearly says the items are served with hash browns or fresh fruit. I was told they had run out of hash browns so they would be substituting bananas for the hash browns. We received our food with 2 bananas and 3 granola bars. We asked for a price adjustment because hash browns and bananas/granola bars are not the same price. They did not grant us a price adjustment and after talking to some of the hotel staff they revealed they never serve hash browns. So they have an item on their menu they do not even have available. The staff claimed their menus were out of date and needed to be updated but they would still not give us a refund. We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights before our cruise. We wrote a note telling the cleaning staff we did not need the beds made but would like to have clean linens, the floor vacuumed and some new cups/coffee. The two rooms we booked were right next to each other. We ended up renting a car through a car rental company that works inside the hotel (which was wonderful by the way!). We arrived back at the hotel at 6pm that night to find our room had not been cleaned at all. However, the second room we booked had been cleaned. I went up to the front desk to ask why our room was not cleaned. They claimed they do not clean rooms where people are staying more than 1 night. Terrible terrible service!!!!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Paris, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Close to airport - shuttle made it easy to get there. I heard pool area was really nice but didn't actually go there. Check in was painfully slow. One person working at all times and very slowly, only addressing one person at a time. Bar area was very smokey and bar like - not a place to grab a bite. Also rooms near the bar hear loud music until 3 am. Room was fine, annoying that doors close so loudly - woke me up several times. Shuttle to cruise port was also handy and free!

Room Tip: anywhere away from the bar area
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear LadybugChamp,
Thank you for giving us feedback via TripAdvisor in regards to your recent stay with us at the Days Inn Miami North. I am sorry to hear you weren’t able to spend some time at our Pool area. It really is very relaxing, and pleasant. On the other hand I am pleased to hear that you took advantage of our Free Shuttle Services, and that you found your room to be accommodating despite waking up several times at night.
Again, Thank you for your review, and we hope to see you again in the near future!
Daniela Abbo
Director of Customer Services

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!