“the worst vacation ever” 1 of 5 stars

Days Inn Miami Airport North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4767 NW 36th St, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Cleveland, Ohio
“the worst vacation ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The hotel room size was great but every thing else was terriable. The toilet was broke were unable to use it for 4 day nothing would flush down. We cut our vacation short and left 3 days early because every morning we had the maids screaming to each other from room to room. The manager was rude and very unprofessional.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Tewksbury, Massachusetts, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here 1 night after a cruise before going home. They did allow me into room early, but there were no towels in bathroom. When I asked the front desk told me to go find housekeeping. After locating someone in the laundry room I was told all the maids were on lunch so I'd have to wait, even though we were standing next to shelves full of clean linen.
Hotel is not in the best area, (wouldn't recommend walking around after dark if you are alone)and there isn't much around for food if you don't have a car. A Subway, McDonalds and a little sports pub which was actually pretty good. They do have a small cafe on site for wraps and sandwiches,etc but the only time I went in, they weren't too motivated to do much. There's also a gas station that has the basics, water, snacks and some sandwiches pre made, but everything is expensive so be prepared.
Hotel also seems to have a strange odor to it, not exactly sure why? But the room and bed were very clean. (and I definitely checked the bed)
One notably good amenity was the free shuttle to and from the airport, and also to the cruise port if that's what you're there for. It leaves at 10.30 am to get you to the pier before 1100 which was great. The shuttle company K.S.A tours will also bring you back to the hotel or airport after your cruise for a cash payment of 10.00 before hand.
Overall, I'd say if you only need a cheap place to stay for 1 night and can't find anything else anywhere then you should maybe consider this place. If you expect 4 or 5 star accomodations with free breakfast and entertainment/bars you can enjoy all night long, then go elsewhere. Me personally, I won't be staying there again. I'll cut down my spending allowance and use the money for somewhere better.

Room Tip: Don't feel any room is better than the next.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I requested a no smoking room and woke up with a stuffy nose to learn that this was a smoking room. The room was directly over the bar which is part of the hotel and the music vibrated the room until 3 in the morning.

I will say that the manager was very nice and took 50% off the room but, yikes, how can you have a bar that keeps the people in your hotel from sleeping.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Miami, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I can honestly say this will be the first and last time i ever stay at a Days Inn. I reserved a room for 4 nights. A few hours after i settled in, i noticed the toilet made odd (loud) noises every 10 minutes, but i decided to ignore that because i simply did not want to pack ALL of my belongings all over again. On my last full day before i checked out the next morning, the hotel decided to have some "work" done. This work began early in the morning, including LOUD noises and water being sprayed into my room. The water seeped through the cracks of the door and wet all of the floor, my luggage, and the walls! The NOISE and water was so unbearable, i had to open the door to complain and in the process was sprayed with water myself! I called the front desk due to the fact that i was completely unpacked and was unable to study or get any work done due to the water and loud noise (9:00 - 5:00 pm)!! Initially, the front desk attendant said they couldn't do anything about it. I called again to speak to the manager, he said the same thing. I had to call a third time for him to finally come to the room! When he arrived, he simply suggested packing my stuff to move to another room. Why should i have to pack all of my belongings and move to another room?! If management knew there was a scheduled construction in that area...WHY did they offer that room? May i emphasize, the "offer" was DECLINED BECAUSE i had reserved a room for 4 nights, therefore, i had already made myself comfortable in that room. Furthermore, i had already unpacked my clothing and settled into work duties at the desk area. So why would i have to take time out of my day to repack everything (which is time consuming) and move to another room?? That is simply not fair and i am very upset with their lack of consideration. NO SUCH THING AS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Joseph K, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear 166pamelaa,
Thank you for the review you posted on TripAdvisor describing your time with us at the Days Inn Miami Airport North. I am sorry to hear about the experience you had when staying at our hotel. Our hotel is currently undergoing renovations to improve the guest experience, and we apologize for this inconvenience. We value all of our guest feedback, because it helps us learn from our mistakes, and it tells us to continue what we are doing right. Our main objective is customer satisfaction, and it seems we did not do that in your case. I will inform our department managers of your comments, so we can take care of these issues. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to post this review.
Joseph Katz
Director of Customer Service
Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!