“NASTY Stay at this Nasty Hotel !!!” 1 of 5 stars

Days Inn Miami Airport North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4767 NW 36th St, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Ranked #11 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
Delta, Canada
“NASTY Stay at this Nasty Hotel !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2009

Sure it may be cheap, but again remember the old saying, you get what you pay for! A lesson for me for sure!

Next time I will spring for a more expensive and better placed inn.

I did read the reviews on Trip Advisor and they did seem favourable for this hotel. HOWEVER..... It is NOT a place you wish to remember!!

I arrived from Vancouver on the last flight that night arriving at the hotel at 11 pm. Long line up for the over worked night clerk. After the check it it was off the the room walking the dirty carpeted hallway to the small and smelly room.

Dirty stucco walls, musty smell from the old unserviced air conditioning unit and garbage on the floors in the bathroom.

I then left back to reception to request another room to find it was a full night!

The coffee machine had no carafe, TV only had 50% of the channels working,and the phone was old and hard of hearing.

Old stained carpets, chairs, and warped bathroom door wrapped up the memories.

To their credit, the day reception manager Nino was very helpful and did do his best to provide a listening ear, and did offer a discount.

Repeated phone calls and messages to the hotel owner remain unanswered.

I do hope that this property cleans up their act, as it is close to the airport and does had an inviting pool.

However no breakfast, with very limited options for meals in the area does not bode well for stays here.

Do your homework, and think twice about this place!!

• Liked — transportation to the airport and cruise terminal
  • Disliked — cleanliness, no breakfast, no stairs for elderly, or baggage movement
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

897 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Chattanooga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2009

We knew we were in trouble when the security guard excorted us to our room. This is an extremely noisy place, and not just because it is across the street from the Miami airport. The traffic never stops and people are coming and going all night long. The bed squeaked everytime we moved and the place is old. The only good component was the shower and the availability of a shuttle to the Port of Miami. My advice: stay closer to the port.

• Liked — The shower
  • Disliked — THE CONSTANT NOISE
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cincinnati, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2009

Allow me to start this by saying that I booked through expedia at the Runway Inn ... whose reviews on here and website portrayed at hotel that in reality does not exist. The website itself is a complete example of how false advertising still exists in America. Upon arrival at the Runway Inn, we were informed that they now share rooms with the Days Inn down the road, so we would be staying there. We booked two queen beds at the Runway Inn. We got 1 double bed at the Days Inn. Upon hearing this, I at first breathed a sigh of relief because I often stay at Days Inn and have always found them to be clean and comfortable, all one could ask for at the affordable price they offer.

Our room smelled horribly (like chlorine bleach), our floor was so dirty that after showering and walking onto the carpet and returning to the bathroom, black footprints joined you. Customer service was a complete joke (as in did not exist AT ALL - one front desk agent did not even get out of a chair from an office behind the front desk - simply yelled to you through the doorway, until inconveniently he had to get up to hand us something). There is nothing in walking distance of the Hotel as far as eating (or anything else for that matter) goes (not that you would want to walk because it is clearly located in a very, very low-income area) and you DO NOT want to hang out and relax in your room with the horrible chlorinated smell overpowering your nostrils (which was what we really wanted to do after a 12 hour travel day). This was downright an awful experience. Do yourself a favor and do not stay here. Even if you have the thought "Well we'll be busy and only sleeping in the room" - do not do it. I am not picky. This is the same thought I always have and am always fine with the hotels I stay in ($85-$100) a night... this was not the case at this hotel. Awful. Awful. Awful.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing.
  • Disliked — Everything - but, at the top of the list was the smell in our room.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
EC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2008

The hotel is ok-average for the price we got during our stay. However we did encounter some problems.

1) No complementary breakfast

2) Too few hangers for a double-bed room, given that such a
room means more than one guest. We had asked a person
at the reception to provide us with more hangars, and he said
he would look into it, but never got back to us.

3) Most importantly, the wireless connection was really poor. We
tried to connect to the internet from our rooms, and we could
only obtain a very weak signal (which we kept losing every
now and then) if we positioned our laptops in a particular
way. Even sitting in the lobby did not help as the signal
strength was very weak there and kept going on and off. The
matter was not resolved even after calling the Days Inn Tech
Support. I am able to obtain good-excellent connection at any
Panera Bread, but could not obtain a proper internet
connection at this hotel. Because of the Hotel's location,
there was no Starbucks/Panera Bread around where I could
go.

So if you are a student or a professional, who needs to constantly access the net, then you will find it really difficult to get a good connection at this place and there's nothing around either where you can sit and access the net.

• Liked — Price-Corporate Name-Certain expectations
  • Disliked — Business Services
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2008

We stayed at this motel on Oct. 24 prior to our cruise and again on Nov. 1 after the cruise. We arrived early both dates and were given a room as soon as we arrived.
This is not a fancy new motel but it is clean and comfortable.
The office does have a musky orer but I think that may be because of the bar next to the office.
The staff was friendly and accomodating.
The free shuttle service to the pier and airport was nice and well organized.
I would stay here again should I return to the area in need of a motel for one night. The rates are reasonable.
There are a few places to walk to to get something to eat but there is no other shopping close by. You would have to take the bus or taxi to get any where.
Returning from the pier there is no shuttle and a cab ride is about $26.00.

• Liked — Shuttle service Rates
  • Disliked — It could use a little refurbishing.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2008

Had to spend the night waiting for a connecting flight at MIA. Only a 5-10 minute drive from the airport, but the guy told me there's a van coming in about 15 minutes. I waited 52 minutes.

We were quite many in the bus, twelve of us, and arriving at the hotel there was only one person working at the reception. His name was Louis, very friendly and helpful, but, however, with quite som people checking in it took a while for the guy last in the line. I got extra bathroom stuff; razor, comb, deo, as my bag was stuck in Trinidad.

Room was clean and comfortable but with high sound level from the street just outside the window it was quite loud. The TV worked but the channel switching on the remote didn't work (everything else did) so I had to switch at the TV itself. Like in the 70s! :) .

I value my stay as a comfortable stay, adequate for a short layover (was only about ten hours there), and I guess that's what the hotel is for. And it was not expensive. At USD 72.99 I don't expect to get more. I regard it as good value for money.

Cheers!

• Liked — Close to the airport. Convenience.
  • Disliked — Noisy road outside room.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2008

If your idea of a good hotel is dirty rooms, no lighting (our lights were broken and the guy said deal with it), bugs everywhere and being sexually harassed at 7am, then I suggest you book straight away. If not, then steer clear, especially if you are female and young!

I stayed here with another friend (also female) recently for one night while waiting for my connect flight and it seemed OK at first. The people at the counter were quite friendly and helped us to our room. Then we discovered our lights werent working and the guy said to pretty much just live with it and not complain. Ok, whatever. Then there were all the bugs everywhere which made it disgusting to walk or even sleep on the beds. I had to wrap myself tightly with my towel just to feel a little undirty. And the worst of all, I was awoken with a phone call at 7am telling me I had a message. I waited but there was no message - only the guy at the counter saying very sexually explicit horrible things to me while heavily breathing. Great morning wake up call!

I left about an hour or two after this and will never return again!

• Liked — near airport
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
DaysMiaGM, General Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, August 1, 2008
I would like to apologize for your horrible and strange experience. We aim to satisfy our guests 100% of the time during their stay. I am so sorry you didn't bring these issues to managements attention during your stay or during check-out, we could have resolved your concerns and changed your room immediately. Please feel free to contact me regarding your stay so management can handle your concerns accordingly.

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!