“Great staff - helpful and capable” 5 of 5 stars

Days Inn Miami Airport North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4767 NW 36th St, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Miami, Florida
“Great staff - helpful and capable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I've had multiple stays over the last 3 months - close to 50 nights at the hotel! I recommend the Day's Inn for the staff efficiency and price - great combo.

On my second stay, staff greeted me by name. The front desk staff is fast - often there are 3 or 4 guests in line but the check-in and check-out process is quick. Amaury at the front desk remembered me after and figured out certain preferences I have, like staying in a room near the restaurant / bar and making sure I have directions to restaurants or to downtown Miami. One night, I had an emergency fax to complete for work, Amaury put it as a priority during he and Jennifer's checking-in of a large-tour.

The rooms are old - but clean and the housekeeping staff is highly capable. The grounds are nice, there is never any trash on the landscaping or by the well maintained pool.

The bar is open late with a lot of energy from the locals who gather there - the bartender I know best is Manny and he has a regular crowd who keep coming back for his great mixology.

It is directly across from the airport and often I sit in the lobby watching people from around the world check-in for a night while traveling. The bi-lingual staff is top-notch.

I plan to stay at this hotel for business through November as I know I can count on service and hospitality that is 5-star at a budget price. Clearly any of the staff could work at any resort they choose - the professionalism comes through via how they care about their guests.

Room Tip: The pool is in the back so you can ask for a room around the pool area if that's important. The...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Joseph K, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear JohnW2636,
Thank you so much for posting a review on TripAdvisor in regards to your stay with us at the Days Inn Miami Airport North. I am so glad to hear that all of our staff was helpful and treated you with respect since arriving at our hotel. We take pride in offering our guests the best possible service and we are so happy when our guests recognize that. I will most definitely pass along your kind words to our staff members and I am sure that they will put a smile on all of their faces. I would like to thank you again for this review, and we look forward to having you with us in the future!
Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Kingston, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I booked this hotel for the price, the shuttle and the location. The shuttle runs for other hotels so you have to look carefully to see the name of the hotel. It took long to arrive and when it did the driver drove in the middle of the road too fast to see us waving and shouting. We had to take a cab to the hotel. Catherine checked us in, in a welcoming and friendly manner, her smile reached her eyes. We got room 127 beside the pool, it was a lovely smoke free room and clean as far as the eyes could see. We later saw a dead roach under the bed and one crawling in the bathroom. The room size was perfect for us and the bed very comfortable. There is two large bedside table one could be substituted for a mini fridge and a micro wave to make the stay a little more enjoyable. The smoking at the pool and under the trees was unfortunate though. The walls are not sound proof so you hear EVERYTHING that goes on around you. The hotel could use a snack machine. The location is great and close to shopping and restaurants. The 36B bus goes to the Dolphin Mall and there is a bus stop outside the hotel front door.

Room Tip: If smoke and noise affect you stay away from the pool area
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Joseph K, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Focalkid,
Thank you very much for the review you posted on TripAdvisor in regards to your stay with us at the Days Inn Miami Airport North. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues you had with receiving the shuttle service from the airport. That is uncharacteristic of our driving staff, but I will be sure to speak with them about maintaining a certain level of consistency. I am extremely happy to read about your experiences with our front desk employee, Catherine. Every day that I walk into the hotel, she is constantly smiling and displaying the attitude that we look for in all of our employees. I am sure she will be very excited when I let her know of your kind words. Thank you again very much for your review, and we hope to have you back with us soon.
Evansville, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Do yourself a favor and stay someplace a little more expensive. This property has their own website that I reserved my room with in April. They also take reservations through the main Days Inn website. I show up with my reservation yesterday and they tell me that I don't have a reservation with them. I show them that it was made on their own website. I end up having to wait in the lobby for almost 2 hours for a manager named Steve to show up and give me a room. I tell them that they should give me a gift certificate to eat at the bar restaurant for the inconvenience. He gives me a worthless 1 drink voucher and I don't even get an apology for their total incompetence. Never staying at this worthless property again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Dear Ben1701,
Thank you for the review you posted on TripAdvisor describing your time with us at the Days Inn Miami Airport North. I am sorry to hear about the experience you had when staying at our hotel. We value all of our guest feedback, because it helps us learn from our mistakes, and it tells us to continue what we are doing right. Our main objective is customer satisfaction, and it seems we did not do that in your case. I will inform our department managers of your comments, so we can take care of these issues. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to post this review.
Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!