“Money saver!!” 3 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Miami Airport North to your Saves list
Days Inn Miami Airport North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4767 NW 36th St, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Caracas, Venezuela
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

You have no idea or knowledge, on how to treat a customer. Most of the Front Desk personnel is incompetent, to answer even the simplest question, like "how to get to Miami Downtown, without taking a cab". Your technical system, at the Front Desk is obsolete, it can´t track down what you guys did, three days ago. Plus, I lost a complete night´s worth, because I was charged as a "no show", thanks to the incompetence of the Hotel´s Reservation personnel, who, at my request of cancelling a reserved night stay on 07/25/2014, more than 48 hours prior to that date, gave me a "confirmation number" for that day, assuring me, that it was a "Cancelling Confirmation Number". How was I to know which number was what? I trusted the operator that attended me. Therefore, I had to pay that night, even, after protesting to all the Front Desk Managers on Duty, of the Days Inn Hotel. Nobody was capable to help me get my money back. In conclusion: the worst hotel I´ve stayed in (Days Inn Hotel, at NW, 36th Street, Miami, Florida).
To end this note, I inform you, that the only personnel capable enough, as well as kind and enduring, to help me in my predicament till 2:00 A.M., when I arrived, was a girl named Gloria, who thrived for three hours, to find out, if I was reserved from 07/26 thru 07/29, because, the obsolete system, could not verify that for her. At last, she found a printed paper, that stated that I had made that reservation. She should be the permanent Front Desk Manager, instead of all the worthless "managers", that are above her.

GOVERN YOURSELF ACCORDINGLY

A disgusted costumer: REINALDO RODRÍGUEZ

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Kingston, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked this hotel for the price, the shuttle and the location. The shuttle runs for other hotels so you have to look carefully to see the name of the hotel. It took long to arrive and when it did the driver drove in the middle of the road too fast to see us waving and shouting. We had to take a cab to the hotel. Catherine checked us in, in a welcoming and friendly manner, her smile reached her eyes. We got room 127 beside the pool, it was a lovely smoke free room and clean as far as the eyes could see. We later saw a dead roach under the bed and one crawling in the bathroom. The room size was perfect for us and the bed very comfortable. There is two large bedside table one could be substituted for a mini fridge and a micro wave to make the stay a little more enjoyable. The smoking at the pool and under the trees was unfortunate though. The walls are not sound proof so you hear EVERYTHING that goes on around you. The hotel could use a snack machine. The location is great and close to shopping and restaurants. The 36B bus goes to the Dolphin Mall and there is a bus stop outside the hotel front door.

Room Tip: If smoke and noise affect you stay away from the pool area
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Joseph K, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Focalkid,
Thank you very much for the review you posted on TripAdvisor in regards to your stay with us at the Days Inn Miami Airport North. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues you had with receiving the shuttle service from the airport. That is uncharacteristic of our driving staff, but I will be sure to speak with them about maintaining a certain level of consistency. I am extremely happy to read about your experiences with our front desk employee, Catherine. Every day that I walk into the hotel, she is constantly smiling and displaying the attitude that we look for in all of our employees. I am sure she will be very excited when I let her know of your kind words. Thank you again very much for your review, and we hope to have you back with us soon.
Joseph Katz
Director of Customer Service
Director.customerservices@gmail.com
Evansville, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Do yourself a favor and stay someplace a little more expensive. This property has their own website that I reserved my room with in April. They also take reservations through the main Days Inn website. I show up with my reservation yesterday and they tell me that I don't have a reservation with them. I show them that it was made on their own website. I end up having to wait in the lobby for almost 2 hours for a manager named Steve to show up and give me a room. I tell them that they should give me a gift certificate to eat at the bar restaurant for the inconvenience. He gives me a worthless 1 drink voucher and I don't even get an apology for their total incompetence. Never staying at this worthless property again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!