“Impressed. Finally a Hotel with a staff that knows what this business is all about.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Miami Airport North

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Miami Airport North to your Saves list
Days Inn Miami Airport North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4767 NW 36th St, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Ranked #11 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Being in the hospitality business for twenty-five years, I live it and I love it. Today I work in various aspects of being a Hospitality Specialist and in many areas. In high demand, I meet many and I love and enjoy working with many and I love every minute of making clients and customers satisfied. I have always excelled and exceeded to not only meet the customers needs, but to go above and beyond (at Don Shulas we called this creating raving fans-imagine-what a concept). Knowledge of the true sense and meaning of customer service and satisfaction can be "taught", but it cannot be learned if it is not innate. Innate is a true passion for this field and a real authenticity of loving what you do. Creating satisfaction-knowing that not only are you making the customer happy-and this makes you sincerely happy, but you are creating more business. This is a smart asset to any hospitality establishment. Today, it is rare to find. But I am impressed!!! From the front desk staff, Jaimie, Azure (sorry if I spelled that wrong) to security, the cleaning staff and to Abe-The multi-talented artist and entertainer, amazingly entertaining his customers at the Travelers Lounge-excellent bartender... I'm saving the best for last ...keep reading. Impressed to see the pride of loving what you do was found at the Days Inn. Today I often find no smiles, no greetings, no need to make the customer happy, general managers (power hungry) who should not be in the position and it's all too often. I am always so incredibly impressed when I experience from the customers point of view-the "innate". The others, like me who truly love what they do and they are damn good at it. This is BREND at the Days Inn. How refreshing. She was a relief to sad hearts and tired souls who were on the other side of the "job". I was in need for a "me" and there she was. Brend is amazing at her job. She understands the concept of what we all know...the customer is always right. She understands the concept of creating satisfaction and excellence. She understands the concept of pleasing her guests. This is because it is innate. This is who she is and what she excels at and loves. She doesn't know my title, which could be very influential and beneficial for her. What she did know was that we had fallen on hard times from an illness, the stay at the Days Inn in Oakland Park Boulevard was horrid and a nightmare, and that we simply needed a room. To BREND it wasn't our titles-it was us ...the guest, that she went well over and exceeded- beyond to help satisfy. So refreshing!!! She helped and created good for us, touching us with humanity when so desperately needed-so rare these days. This is because Brend is authentic and an "innate".
I can say that Brend-not even knowing that it has been a time in our lives that has been so painfully difficult, not only made it softer, easier, and for the first time ok, she made us believe that there are still real authentic- hospitality customer service -guest relations experts in this field who understand what this business is all about and they love it. They love people. They love what they do. More powerful, touching lives in a much needed way and not even knowing. Then when guests like us are gone and when customers with our titles and influence see excellence, it is Brend that we will rave about. Her boss should praise her as the asset she is to him and to the Days Inn. Brend made up where others failed, making me want to rave and create raving fans for her - and ultimately creating business and a good name for her boss and for The Days Inn. And join us on Friday --Kereokee night with Abe at the Travelers Lounge!!!

Stayed July 2014
Joseph K, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Shanbeachinit,
Thank you so much for the glowing review you posted about your stay at the Days Inn Miami Airport North on TripAdvisor. Being in the hospitality industry, you must know how much this means to each and every employee that you mentioned in your review. This will not only bring a smile to all of their faces, but it has brought a huge smile to my face as well as all of the other managers and owners of our hotel. A review like yours is what makes our job so special, and it also reminds us to continue doing what we are doing. Our main objective in this business is customer satisfaction, and we preach that every day to all of our employees. I could not be happier about your review, and I will most definitely remind our employees about it every day. I am so happy that our front desk staff and other staff members have received the recognition they deserve, and that is all thanks to you. Thank you again for this review, and we hope you come back to stay with us in the future!

895 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Vestavia Hills, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this hotel the night before my cruise and had no problems. The day I got back from my cruise was a different story. After waiting for over and hour and a half for our prepaid transport back to the hotel from the port, which never showed, we were hot and not happy at all. I had made reservations for both of my stays 2 months prior and had confirmation numbers for both. They had no record of my last stay. I will say that Catherine at the front desk was very sweet and helpful. Although we were too early for check in she found us a room and gave it to me at a discounted rate. She also helped get me in contact with the manager of the transport company to get my money back. Now lets move on. When we get to the room it is HOT!!! The air was running so I thought maybe since we were early it had jut been turned on........and hour later it was still 91 degrees in our room. The AC unit was very dilapidated and wasn't even completely attached to the wall. I went back to Catherine and again she was very sweet and helpful. So an hour later they installed a working unit. Later that afternoon I went to the front desk to get some washcloths none were available and never got any. When I went back to the room the toilet was stopped up so I went to use the phone to call the front desk but the phone did not work. If it wasn't for Catherine I would have not rated this hotel as high as I did. The property needs to be updated because even though we got a "new" ac unit our room was not completely cooled off until the next morning!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jackie929,
Thank you very much for the review you posted on TripAdvisor describing your time with us at the Days Inn Miami Airport North. I am sorry to hear about the troubles you had with trying to get back to our hotel after your cruise. I am so happy though that Catherine was able to assist in any way necessary and that she was able to make your stay a pleasant one. I see every day the amazing attitude that Catherine brings to work, and she will be so happy to know that her efforts are being recognized by our guests. Thank you so much again for your review, and we look forward to your next stay with us.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Arrived here after a 24 hour international flight, weary & jet-lagged. Check-in was really fast. Gave me a first floor room on my request, since I did not have the energy to lift a heavy bag up the stairs. Very clean room, comfortable bed, slept like a baby. Restaurant & bar on premise. Cozy stay, beyond what I expected & paid.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Sanjay K,
Thank you very much for posting a review on TripAdvisor describing your time with us at the Days Inn Miami Airport North. I am extremely happy to hear that our staff was able to make your check in process quick and easy. Traveling can be very mentally and physically draining, and we do our best to make our guests feel welcome and comfortable. I am also happy to read that our front desk was able to honor your request of a first floor room, and that you found your accommodations to be clean and comfortable. Thank you again very much for this review, and we look forward to your next stay with us!
Orland Park, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

While staying at this hotel this evening, I turned on the bathroom light only to find bugs all over all of the towels. The front desk staff Who checked us in was less than hospitable. Other guests were peeping in the windows when walking by. This is about a 1 star hotel as far as I can see. The worst. This was found on Travelocity. Horrible!!!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear deedy815,
Thank you for the review you posted on TripAdvisor describing your time with us at the Days Inn Miami Airport North. I am sorry to hear about the experience you had when staying at our hotel. We value all of our guest feedback, because it helps us learn from our mistakes, and it tells us to continue what we are doing right. Our main objective is customer satisfaction, and it seems we did not do that in your case. I will inform our department managers of your comments, so we can take care of these issues. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to post this review.
Phillips, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had to stay overnight in Miami between flights and I stayed at the days Inn. I read all the reviews and some people were really negative,so i was a bit worried. The room was big enough,the bed was comfortable,the bathroom was clean,the towels as well and i think the hotel served its purpose for people that is staying there for a short period of time. I think it could be better, like changing the carpets that are really old and the rooms should be cleaned through,I am a clean freak and I saw lots of dust in the areas that hadn't been cleaned properly.
My only complain was the way staff talks on the phone. They are not pleasant at all. I called before getting there to ask for more information and the lady that answered the phone was a bit rude.The phone in the room wasn't working so I called to the reception from my cell and the gentleman that answered the phone hang up on me 2 times. I think the hotel location is good but they need to improve their customer service for sure. Overall it was good and I would go back there for sure.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Joseph K, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Bellisima2014,
Thank you very much for your review of the Days Inn Miami Airport North on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here at our hotel. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and found your bed to be very comfortable. I will be sure to pass along your comments in regards to the things we can change, to the appropriate department managers. We value all of our guest feedback, and I thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. Thank you again for taking the time to post this review.
Birch Run, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked our reservation as a park-n-fly and we got to the hotel they claimed they didn't have it as such and charged us $18 per day parking. They couldn't tell us the rate for park-n-fly and said we had to go online, however, online reservations didn't have the rates, only the hotel had them. They refused to do anything about it.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you want to park-n-fly
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!