“Find someplace else.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Petawawa, Canada
“Find someplace else.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We ended up in Miami because our flight from South America to Canada was cancelled, stranding us in Miami. This was the worst place we stayed in our 5 week vacation in South America. Most times I check trip advisor and book accordingly but the wifi at the Miami airport (which I had to pay for) didn't work so we just jumped on the first shuttle bus leaving the airport. Our misfortune.
On a good note, Days Inn found us a room and checked us in by 11:00 a.m. We hadn't slept the night before and were tired. Downhill from there on in. Carpets were dirty (and smelt bad), mould in bathroom, walls with holes, loud traffic noise, no wifi (as promised) etc. Check out my pictures. When I called the front desk to say wifi was not working they put my call thru to some tech call center and I spent time with them trouble-shooting the problem. The man on the phone said the problem was not with the room and he sees many other 'issues' within the whole hotel. He was going to re-boot the entire system and I could try again in 30 minutes. I gave up.
Just as well they didn't include breakfast I don't know if I would have trusted the food. I did make the mistake of trusting drinking the water and had slight diarrhea the following day (5 weeks in South America I'm fine, thought North America would be safe).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Riverview
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

The room was poorly maintaained. The carpets are in need of replacement and the room was overall dirty. That being said, the staff are very freindly and very helpful. At first glance it appears to be a "nice" hotel. But, there was some kid, probably the son or boyfreind of an employee, stretched out on a couch in the lobby playing on his cell phone. As people were arriving he didn't offer nor was he made to offer a place to sit down. We prepaid for a queen bed but there were on double beds available when we arrived. SO, it was pretty much a take it or leave it deal. We travel to Miami once a month for Army National Guard training. I will be sure not to book this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

It is hard to find a good hotel near Miami Airport that it is also cheap. I paid 78 dollars included tax for a room with double bed and I couldn't be happier. The hotel has a free shuttle to and from the airport, a small restaurant on site and very comfortable beds. I read some of the reviews posted online about Days Inn, and all I can say is I did have a good rest there and was ready for my long flight to Los Angeles next day. I wasn't expecting a 5 stars hotel because it is not and by lowering my expectations I was able deal with a few minor inconveniences there. Some negative reviews don't necessarily reflect the overall service at this hotel. I guess some people get good service and other don't but my opinion is that sometimes that depends on your attitude.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms by the pool during summer time. Also, if you smoke, they have the best rooms which are s...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Miami Airport North

Address: 4767 NW 36th St, Miami Springs, FL 33166
Location: United States > Florida > Miami Springs
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Miami Airport North 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Wyndham, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Days Inn Miami Airport North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Miami Airport North Hotel Miami Springs