“Sexually harassed by staff!” 1 of 5 stars

Days Inn Miami Airport North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4767 NW 36th St, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Ranked #11 of 12 hotels in Miami Springs
UK
“Sexually harassed by staff!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2008

If your idea of a good hotel is dirty rooms, no lighting (our lights were broken and the guy said deal with it), bugs everywhere and being sexually harassed at 7am, then I suggest you book straight away. If not, then steer clear, especially if you are female and young!

I stayed here with another friend (also female) recently for one night while waiting for my connect flight and it seemed OK at first. The people at the counter were quite friendly and helped us to our room. Then we discovered our lights werent working and the guy said to pretty much just live with it and not complain. Ok, whatever. Then there were all the bugs everywhere which made it disgusting to walk or even sleep on the beds. I had to wrap myself tightly with my towel just to feel a little undirty. And the worst of all, I was awoken with a phone call at 7am telling me I had a message. I waited but there was no message - only the guy at the counter saying very sexually explicit horrible things to me while heavily breathing. Great morning wake up call!

I left about an hour or two after this and will never return again!

• Liked — near airport
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
DaysMiaGM, General Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, August 1, 2008
I would like to apologize for your horrible and strange experience. We aim to satisfy our guests 100% of the time during their stay. I am so sorry you didn't bring these issues to managements attention during your stay or during check-out, we could have resolved your concerns and changed your room immediately. Please feel free to contact me regarding your stay so management can handle your concerns accordingly.

893 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Santiago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

On a very short trip to Miami, I decided to stay in a hotel that would keep myself close to the airport so I picked the Days Inn Airport North Hotel in Miami Springs. I couldn’t have made a better choice!

After an eight-minute drive from the hotel (a Days Inn shuttle complimentary service), the moment I stepped into the hotel I began feeling the friendliness and warmth from the Days Inn check-in staff.

For an incredible convenient rate, the room was superb: cozy atmosphere, great sized bed, air conditioning, large screen TV set, lots of cable channels, spacious closet, hair drier, safe box, plenty of cushions and more than enough good quality toiletry to make anybody comfortable.

One of the things that definitely made me feel like home was the extra-care given by the Days Inn staff. They went far beyond their duties to make sure I would not miss my flight by constantly monitoring the shuttle’s location and literally hurrying it to get me to the airport on time for the long-haul flight back to Santiago, Chile (via Buenos Aires).

Albeit its relatively small size for Days Inn standards, the Miami Springs Days Inn Airport North Hotel is definitely one of the city’s highlights.

Eugenio
Santiago, Chile

• Liked — The staff's friendly approach to guests
  • Disliked — The lack of more internet service stations
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
kalispell, MT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2008

This is a great hotel to stay at if you are arriving in Miami by plane. They have a free 24 hour shuttle service that goes to the airport to meet guests every hour. The rates are very reasonable and the rooms were clean and quiet. Theres no need to get bored or go hungry at this hotel. They have a nice pool area for swimming or sunbathing, not to mention a resturant and bar inside the hotel. The people i dealt with were very friendly and professional. I would highly recomend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a quality hotel, on a budget.

• Liked — Free Airport Shuttle and Hotel Travelers Lounge
  • Disliked — Slightly older hotel
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Yakima, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2008

Upon arrival we presented our printed confirmation to the desk clerk. She was unfriendly and never made eye contact. Fortunately, Luis, the manager was there and greeted us warmly. Desk clerk shoved paper in front of me and asked me to sign for our "double bed" room. When I pointed out we had confirmation for a queen room, she said "Don't have any, only double". I turned to Luis, who hastily jumped on the computer to find our queen room. For some reason, they had no queens available even though we had confirmed reservations for a queen room. We reluctantly agreed to a room with two double beds. The room was small but clean. At 5:30 am the next morning I was awakened by very loud talking outside our room. It was the housekeeping staff gathering at their supply room which was located next door to our room. The talking got louder and escalated to shouting as they called across the parking lot to each other. I got up, opened the door, and literally waded my way through the 8 or so employees who stood before my room door, smoking, drinking coffee and talking. When I got to the lobby I was met at the desk by Mary. She was very helpful, acted immediately to stop the talking and apologized for the noise. I went back to the room and all was quiet for about 5 minutes. Next think I know there are two of the shuttle drivers standing directly in front of our room, talking loudly again. I went out, asked them to be quiet and got a rather rude response. I went back to the lobby where Mary immediately came to my aid. When I told her my frustrations with the room assignment and with the noise, she checked the computer and suddenly found an empty Queen room that we could have right away. (funny how there wasn't a queen room available the night before, eh?). We were moved over to it within minutes. This room was poolside, a bit larger than the first, and clean.
We booked this hotel because it had shuttle from airport to hotel, and because they offered complimentary shuttle to the Port of Miami. The shuttle driver to the Port was clearly confused and his bus was in poor repair (the door did not close/lock properly). He had to ask the 4 groups several times what cruise line we were with, and still got things mixed up when he arrived at the port.
I am glad I did not book this hotel for after the cruise!!

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
DaysMiaGM, General Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, July 14, 2008
It is our goal to not only meet, but exceed our guests expectations. I do sincerely apologize that you did not receive the right level of customer service from a staff member of ours. We have taken corrective measures to ensure that this doesn't happen again. I am glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise , and would be more than happy to host you again during your next visit to Miami.
massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2008

After 37 years of traveling and staying at various hotels, this Days Inn was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at in terms of both cleanliness and hospitality. The rooms are in the condition of a hotel which you would think is going out of business. We traveled with a large group of 15-20 families. Two families had to be relocated due to insects in their rooms. One family had flying insects in their bathroom, and the other family had worms inbetween their sheets when they turned them down in the evening. Our room in particular was in the shape of a run down hotel and the "clean" sheets on our bed had magic marker of some sort all over them. When we had breakfast in the main restaurant, one of our guests used the restroom and discovered bugs in the sink. When we asked for extra towels for the children, we were told there were no extras due to the large party the hotel had staying with them. What kind of hospitality is this? Are you kidding me? I've never heard that excuse from a hotel before in my life. Sounded like nonsense to me.
We will never ever stay here again. If it weren't for being with such a large group we would have checked out faster than we checked in. In all my years of staying in a "Days Inn" I have never seen such a poor quality place such as this one. Huge disappointment.

• Liked — Not a thing.
  • Disliked — The uncleanliness of the hotel all together.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2008

When we showed up at hotel the front desk said they had no room for us. When we showed them the confirmation number they finally gave us a room. A small smelly room that looked like it had been cleaned by a football linebacker. No elevator so we had to hump the bags up and down the stairs. Think about this if you are cruising.....Price was okay but when we got home the nitwits charged us for parking. We never signed up for their parking because we flew into Miami, so I am not sure why they tried that scam. The shuttle was the best part of the entire stay.

• Liked — shuttle
  • Disliked — room
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
DaysMiaGM, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, July 14, 2008
I do apologize that you were not completely satisfied during your stay. We strive to accommodate to our guest at all points during their stay. I hope you will give us the opportunity in the near future to give you the level of service you deserve. If there is anything I can ever do for you please feel free to contact me directly.
Luis Mendez
Denver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2008

We stayed here one night before our cruise. It was great having free shuttle service from the airport and then to the port. I wouldn't stay here for more than one night. All Miami hotels are pricey so it's adequate to wait for the luxury on the ship for the next 7 days. NOTE: There's no elevator so if you're not on ground level, you lug all your ship luggage up and down the stairs! Also it's VERY noisey if you're on the street side. There was lots of traffic ALL night long. Thankfully the a/c gave us a little "white noise".

Stayed March 2008
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our goal to cater to our guests from the moment they walk in the door. We do value the importance of repeat customers, and hope that you give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!