“Stay Away” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Wellington, New Zealand
“Stay Away”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights, had the most comfortable bed we've had in our 2 month holiday round the US BUT this place has more bad things than good. Shoe box room, could barley fit our bag in and had to store the bag in the wardrobe. Annoying pizza people coming round putting numerous flyers under our door, we kept throwing them down the hallway to make a point....they were still there hours later so not sure where the cleaning staff are?? Lobby was very musty and the corridors were freezing cold. Our room faced the main road and petrol station so was quite loud and bright at night - esp when the petrol station seems to attract Police, 2 of the 3 nights we were there, they had cop cars with lights flashing parked up at the petrol station. This didnt help as the curtains blew open when the air con was on as it was positioned directly below, we had to put our shoes on the curtain to stop it flapping!

.WORST INTERNET EVER! Couldnt even pick up the wireless in our room. These people need a professional to come in and do their wireless for them. They have done it completely wrong. My husband works in IT and a better design is 1 network with multiple access points rather than a network per access point. It says something when you get faster internet at the maccas just down the road.

Keep in mind this is a airport hotel, there is lots of noise at night with people coming and going. seems people are checking in at all hours of the night.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

If I would have known about this hotel I would have NEVER paid my money...my husband and I stayed here for one day due to us going on a cruise the next day...room, sheets are dirty, bathroom filthy, service sucks....our toilet on the 2nd floor over flowed 3am...I would have paid the extra money...im still up!! I didnt even sleep!! Watching law and order all night...I cant wait to leave...forget about the free shuttle bus...we waited there for the longest and when we got on there no one was on there, and then the driver had an attitude with my husband because he didnt recieve a tip.. hotel smelled like marijuana when we came in.. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. ..PAY THE EXTRA MONEY TO BE COMFORTABLE!!!...NEVER AGAIN...I DO NOT RECOMMEND I stayed HERE 8/14/13

• Stayed August 2013
Aurora, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed at the hotel during my honeymoon, I knew it wasn't a high class hotel, but we wanted a place that we could easily bring our Honda scooters into that was on the first floor and had outside access. We asked if it was ok when we checked in and the lady at the desk said that it was fine, and helped us get the room. After we checked in, my new bride noticed a spider on the curtain, I killed it. We also began noticing gnats flying around, no big deal really, but I had to deal with that. The room smelled a bit "musty", and the paint was falling off in the bathroom, but this was tolerable, since we were able to park our scooters inside and we could come and go if we chose to, without needing to stuff them into our minivan. I decided to take a shower, only to find out that the hot water did work. (The hair dryer did not work either.) The TV channels were fuzzy like the old antenna days. But then came the last straw. Around 2:30 a.m my wife went to the bathroom, and when she turned on the light, a giant cockroach raced across the floor. I immediately tried to catch it with a towel and smoosh it, but it got away. I immediately began working on getting a new room. Luckily for me, there was a Comfort Suites, which was much newer and nicer (but had no access to load our scooters inside)...in the same parking lot. I walked there and purchased a room and discovered that both hotels were owned by the same person. We moved our luggage out and I went to the Days Inn to seek a refund, the clerk indicated that they are not authorized to do anything right now, and that a manager will be available tomorrow to help me. I decided to leave the scooters in the room since I paid for it, and I did want to bother with it at 2:30 in the morning, or risk making too much noise trying to load them in the minivan. The next day I went to get them out of the room, and I was locked out. I sensed that there was going to be an issue right then. I went to the front desk and they said the manager needs to speak to me. The front counter was understaffed with confused incompetent people, there was a-lot of frustration in that lobby. I waited 10 minutes and Mr. Joseph Katz showed up and stated that he heard that we had a problem, but unfortunately the scooters inside the room have caused a strong gasoline smell which will take a week to remove. Therefore he can only give me half of my refund. I stated to him that the scooters don't smell like gas, and that his statement is not true. He explained this is his offer, and that would be the best he could do. He went on to explain that I caused him lost revenue because he could have still rented the room (had my scooters been removed). I asked him if he would have still rented the room KNOWING that the hot water heater was not working..he said "yes". Needless to say, I was irate, this so called manager did not care about the situation, did not care about the condition of his rooms (at-least at the older Days Inn property), or his customers. When I expressed my frustration with his "deal", he told me since I didn't take it, it is now "off the table". He charged me full price.. $79.97, which included $2 for a "security box" a.k.a a safe, which I did not ask for or use. I called the Days Inn corporation directly, and they have failed to follow up whatsoever. The memory of our honeymoon will forever be tainted by this experience.

I have the entire exchange with Joseph Katz on video, as well as independent witnesses stating the hotel room in question did not smell of gasoline at all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!