“Average at best” 3 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Miami Airport North to your Saves list
Days Inn Miami Airport North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4767 NW 36th St, Miami Springs, FL 33166   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Aurora, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed at the hotel during my honeymoon, I knew it wasn't a high class hotel, but we wanted a place that we could easily bring our Honda scooters into that was on the first floor and had outside access. We asked if it was ok when we checked in and the lady at the desk said that it was fine, and helped us get the room. After we checked in, my new bride noticed a spider on the curtain, I killed it. We also began noticing gnats flying around, no big deal really, but I had to deal with that. The room smelled a bit "musty", and the paint was falling off in the bathroom, but this was tolerable, since we were able to park our scooters inside and we could come and go if we chose to, without needing to stuff them into our minivan. I decided to take a shower, only to find out that the hot water did work. (The hair dryer did not work either.) The TV channels were fuzzy like the old antenna days. But then came the last straw. Around 2:30 a.m my wife went to the bathroom, and when she turned on the light, a giant cockroach raced across the floor. I immediately tried to catch it with a towel and smoosh it, but it got away. I immediately began working on getting a new room. Luckily for me, there was a Comfort Suites, which was much newer and nicer (but had no access to load our scooters inside)...in the same parking lot. I walked there and purchased a room and discovered that both hotels were owned by the same person. We moved our luggage out and I went to the Days Inn to seek a refund, the clerk indicated that they are not authorized to do anything right now, and that a manager will be available tomorrow to help me. I decided to leave the scooters in the room since I paid for it, and I did want to bother with it at 2:30 in the morning, or risk making too much noise trying to load them in the minivan. The next day I went to get them out of the room, and I was locked out. I sensed that there was going to be an issue right then. I went to the front desk and they said the manager needs to speak to me. The front counter was understaffed with confused incompetent people, there was a-lot of frustration in that lobby. I waited 10 minutes and Mr. Joseph Katz showed up and stated that he heard that we had a problem, but unfortunately the scooters inside the room have caused a strong gasoline smell which will take a week to remove. Therefore he can only give me half of my refund. I stated to him that the scooters don't smell like gas, and that his statement is not true. He explained this is his offer, and that would be the best he could do. He went on to explain that I caused him lost revenue because he could have still rented the room (had my scooters been removed). I asked him if he would have still rented the room KNOWING that the hot water heater was not working..he said "yes". Needless to say, I was irate, this so called manager did not care about the situation, did not care about the condition of his rooms (at-least at the older Days Inn property), or his customers. When I expressed my frustration with his "deal", he told me since I didn't take it, it is now "off the table". He charged me full price.. $79.97, which included $2 for a "security box" a.k.a a safe, which I did not ask for or use. I called the Days Inn corporation directly, and they have failed to follow up whatsoever. The memory of our honeymoon will forever be tainted by this experience.

I have the entire exchange with Joseph Katz on video, as well as independent witnesses stating the hotel room in question did not smell of gasoline at all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Selma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Good promo price.....great location....better than average service....need to consider having longer late meal service for international travelers...planes fly all night in Miami

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Omaha
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I'm so confused because the nice, clean, spacious, photos online look nothing like the room/hotel we had! We got in and there was almost no parking left. The receptionist Mike was very nice; however, I told him we were going back out and asked what we do if there is no more parking. He said park wherever I can find room even if you have to make your own parking space. There was also a loud bar with music connected to the hotel. And the room itself was horrible and had very old tile ceiling with stains on it and several tiles barely glued in and cracked. There was an old glass window in the bathroom that opens like mini blinds right to a tree. The bed skirt was stained. The furniture was outdated and the chair upholstery was ripped. The box TV was probably older than my 11 year old daughter. I'm surprised it worked! The room was very stuffy even with the air conditioner on. There were two cats meowing and walking around the hotel grounds looking for food. There were several ants in the room and who knows how many more were there that we didn't see. And the worst part...there were five of us so we asked for two double beds and a roll away bed. We had to pay extra for the roll away and when we got to our room a man knocked on the door and told my 15-year-old son to come help him bring the bed upstairs because he couldn't do it himself! Not only that but the bed was tied shut with a plastic bag! It also had a broken wheel so it wouldn't lay flat. And you think that's bad? The bed had a big dark stain on it and several other smaller stains. The room was so small the rollaway didn't really fit anywhere. This was a huge fire hazard. So I called the receptionist to ask if they had another room or another rollaway bed and they said no. They only offered to bring more blankets to put on the rollaway bed. Then they never even arrived with the additional blankets so all 3 kids slept in one bed. I'll never come back here. Even my kids were begging to leave! The caulking around the bathtub was coming loose. The room was still very dark even with both lamps lit. The only positives were that there was an iron, a coffee maker, alarm clock, shampoo, and soap. This was a horrible experience for both me and my kids.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!